Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,521 to 11,540 of 27,917

DefHalan

@SomeNintendoFan

That is interesting... I won't believe it until I see it but it was interesting

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

May have been a slip. May have intended to say "Mega Man," but that's something to keep an eye on, because if Ubisoft is getting a rep, it's going to be Rayman.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

SparkOfSpirit

It was probably a mistake.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NintendoFan64

UGXwolf wrote:

May have been a slip. May have intended to say "Mega Man," but that's something to keep an eye on, because if Ubisoft is getting a rep, it's going to be Rayman.

Yeah, he may have meant to say Megaman, but you never know...we'll just have to wait and see.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

What did he say? My phone is being slow and I can't watch it.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DefHalan

Tsuchinoko wrote:

What did he say? My phone is being slow and I can't watch it.

He said Rayman is playable

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kewlan

Of course it's a mistake. I don't think the development team go and say top secret stuff like that to mere convention booth people.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

MegaStoneSmash91

I don't think Sakurai would have shown us the Rayman trophy if he were playable. That's kind of like spoilers, really. It would be the same thing if he showed the Wily Castle stage before Mega Man. Just wouldn't be right, and I don't think he'd do that unless he wants to confuse everyone intentionally.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I don't think Sakurai would have shown us the Rayman trophy if he were playable. That's kind of like spoilers, really. It would be the same thing if he showed the Wily Castle stage before Mega Man. Just wouldn't be right, and I don't think he'd do that unless he wants to confuse everyone intentionally.

1) That's exactly what he wants you to think!
2) Oh, so you mean like how he revealed the boxing arena before Little Mac or the SMG stage before Rosalina? Granted, not quite the same thing, but then a trophy isn't a stage, anyways. Just because Rayman has a trophy doesn't mean he's in. On the flip side, if we see a Mega Man stage, we're probably gonna start assuming things.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CaviarMeths

Lady Palutena trophy was also revealed before her as a playable character.

Though I still doubt Rayman is playable.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MegaStoneSmash91

@UGXwolf The boxing ring didn't immediately point to Little Mac, as it could have been just a good stage idea. Same with the Galaxy stage and Rosalina. She could have easily been a background character in the stage, but I'm glad that isn't the case. You understand my point, however, and that's all I wanted. A major 3rd party character like Rayman getting a trophy with no other known representation anywhere in the game is definitely something to think about. At this point, Rayman's possible involvement other than his trophy is anyone's guess. Sakurai could be playing some twisted mind game by showing it randomly like that. Or perhaps there will be a host of trophies featuring characters who aren't in these games. With Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man playable, trophies from those franchises are expected. But what about other important video game characters? Different Capcom, Sega, and Bandai-Namco series? Where does Ubisoft fit into all this? The Rayman trophy could literally mean anything,

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CaviarMeths

I have a feeling that Sakurai would keep the 3rd party characters capped at 3, if for no other reason than any 4-man match must have at least 1 Nintendo character.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ZurrrrBlattTron

But there could a match where it's two sonics vs mega man and pac man
But really this is enough third party till smash 5 especially if snake is in Rayman could wait

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

NintendoFan64

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@UGXwolf The boxing ring didn't immediately point to Little Mac, as it could have been just a good stage idea. Same with the Galaxy stage and Rosalina. She could have easily been a background character in the stage, but I'm glad that isn't the case. You understand my point, however, and that's all I wanted. A major 3rd party character like Rayman getting a trophy with no other known representation anywhere in the game is definitely something to think about. At this point, Rayman's possible involvement other than his trophy is anyone's guess. Sakurai could be playing some twisted mind game by showing it randomly like that. Or perhaps there will be a host of trophies featuring characters who aren't in these games. With Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man playable, trophies from those franchises are expected. But what about other important video game characters? Different Capcom, Sega, and Bandai-Namco series? Where does Ubisoft fit into all this? The Rayman trophy could literally mean anything,

Y'know you're actually right on that. It could really mean anything. It could mean that he is playable and Sakurai is just doing this to thow us off and then go "SURPRISE!" later. Or it could mean that other third party characters are appearing but just as trophies. But I think those are the only two logical explanations there could be. I really just posted the video because I thought it was something interesting to point out.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

The_Ninja

It was probaly just an mistake. Boxing Ring and the Galaxy stage are different, since they're first party. I doubt they'd show a third party stage/trophy of a character before he is revealed. As much as I want Ray in, I really doubt he is. I do really want a Rayman stage. Maybe The Prison Ship, from rayman 2?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Mickey

The_Ninja wrote:

It was probaly just an mistake. Boxing Ring and the Galaxy stage are different, since they're first party. I doubt they'd show a third party stage/trophy of a character before he is revealed.

Yeah, just like all the other third party trophies of characters that seemingly have no other representation of their franchise other than the trophy of them... obviously.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Azooooz

If you haven't noticed yet, the background image on the Wii U version of Character Select screen is animated. Also, Character's slot background is transparent.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Shirma_Akayaku

From Smash Boards
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...