Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,701 to 10,720 of 27,917

Nintendo_Ninja

There has to be at least 2, if not 3, characters revealed in August. Ness, Jigglypuff, and 1 more newcomer.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Uncle_Franklin

To celebrate Nintendo's history, the next character revealed should be 'Love Hotel'.

It could replace ROB.

Uncle_Franklin

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

To be honest, the only thing Jigglypuff has going for her is seniority. Original 12 rule doesn't exist, as they had considered cutting Ness for Lucas in both Melee and Brawl. Jiggly was low priority in Brawl. Pokemon has changed a lot over the years. Would you rather have a roster of six Pokemon consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Mewtwo, and Sceptile, or one consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Sceptile? Or better yet, have both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff with no Sceptile? It might be time to consider letting her go.

Ness was never planned to be cut in brawl, and melee was the second game in the franchise, so the importance of original 12 hadn't really been established. Now they're set in stone, which is why I think Greninja was a bad choice because we're going to be stuck with him even though he's irrelivant like jigglypuff despite the unique moveset.

Ummm... you guys /are/ aware that Mother 3 came out in 2006, right? ... Like... just before Brawl released? Lucas was added for his popularity in Japan and will likely be kept for his variations on a classic moveset. Ness /IS/ the classic moveset Lucas varies off of, so I don't expect them to cut him, either. And yes, they were considering cutting Ness to add Lucas in Brawl, but that notion apparently didn't last very long. At least, that's what I've heard/read.

Point is, they kept both in Brawl. Why wouldn't they keep both in Smash 4?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

I think Servine or Serperior could be interesting as a fighter in Smash. More snake like movements (not so human like, such as lucario and greninja). Plus we haven't had a Black & White Pokemon yet (just like how Sceptile could represent Sapphire & Ruby which might make more marketing sense)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Neoproteus

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think you're just being kind of butthurt at this point. The current gen of Pokemon has always been represented with which ever entry in smash is out at the time. So for all we know it was an obligation to include something from Kalos. At least Sakurai got lucky and picked the most popular starter of gen 6 instead of something like…Delphox, idk.

Actually, Sakurai designed Greninja before his appearance in X/Y. He wanted a pokemon that would work in Smash Bros, so he a made him first in the pokemon games. Can't remember where he pointed this out, but Greninja was Sakurai's doing in the first place.

Neoproteus

UGXwolf

@2Sang I'd also like to point out that at the time of the roster choice for Smash 4, Mewtwo had absolutely no relevance to the series since Johto. Greninja was just a sketch at the time, too. Sakurai chose based on what he thought he could work with. Not popularity or importance, and you've said yourself MULTIPLE TIME IN THIS THREAD ALONE that Greninja actually looks like a great character. So continue to be buttered over Mewtwo all you like, but stop taking it out on Greninja. Seriously. This is probably the most childish argument I've seen come out of you. Greninja is a decent character, so stop ragging on him already.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

Well either way Greninja will be a Smash character. So let's just stop pretending he will be taken out

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MrWalkieTalkie

Yeah, I can already tell that Greninja will likely become one of those "mascot" pokemon that everyone continues to love even after their generation becomes old news alongside Charizard, Lucario, & Blaziken.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Kewlan

No, that's just the Nosferatu texture going through the model

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

IIRC, didn't Sakurai do all the motion capture for Greninja too?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

2Sang

CaviarMeths wrote:

I thought a key trait of an anti-hero was having a good alignment. If a character wouldn't do the right thing just because it's the right thing, they are not an anti-hero. They may lack traditional heroic qualities like honour, altruism, and nobility, but they aren't villainous. That would include characters like Batman, The Punisher, and Han Solo. Wario is just a villain. He acts completely in self-interest and would never do the right thing unless there was fame or fortune involved.

I could be wrong though.¯(ツ)/¯

Anyway, what's up with the Sceptile thing ? Did people just decide by themselves that SSB4 needed a grass Pokemon and Sceptile was therefore a potential newcomer? I don't get it.

Sceptile would be an even worse choice than greninja. He was far from the most popular starter, let alone the most popular of his gen, let alone the most popular. Sceptile has the same chance as magikarp (magikarp splashes in btw). At least greninja is relevant for the time being. And don't give me that "oh sceptile is in omega/alpha r/s" either because he clearly will fade back into obscurity the same way meganium did with hg/ss.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

To be honest, the only thing Jigglypuff has going for her is seniority. Original 12 rule doesn't exist, as they had considered cutting Ness for Lucas in both Melee and Brawl. Jiggly was low priority in Brawl. Pokemon has changed a lot over the years. Would you rather have a roster of six Pokemon consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Mewtwo, and Sceptile, or one consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Sceptile? Or better yet, have both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff with no Sceptile? It might be time to consider letting her go.

Ness was never planned to be cut in brawl, and melee was the second game in the franchise, so the importance of original 12 hadn't really been established. Now they're set in stone, which is why I think Greninja was a bad choice because we're going to be stuck with him even though he's irrelivant like jigglypuff despite the unique moveset.

Ummm... you guys /are/ aware that Mother 3 came out in 2006, right? ... Like... just before Brawl released? Lucas was added for his popularity in Japan and will likely be kept for his variations on a classic moveset. Ness /IS/ the classic moveset Lucas varies off of, so I don't expect them to cut him, either. And yes, they were considering cutting Ness to add Lucas in Brawl, but that notion apparently didn't last very long. At least, that's what I've heard/read.

Point is, they kept both in Brawl. Why wouldn't they keep both in Smash 4?

You're right about everything except it was melee not brawl lucas was supposed to replace ness. They teased ness not getting in by even mentioning his name with the lucas reveal, but he was planned from the beginning of development.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

Well, if there were six Pokemon in Brawl, I wouldn't expect less here. I tend to think the last two will just be Jigglypuff and Mewtwo.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Nintendo_Ninja

DestinyMan wrote:

If you told me Captain Falcon would be announced before Wario, I would've laughed you out of this forum!

Seriously, I'm tempted to think something is up with Wario.

Naw. I doubt it. I'm willing to wager that he would make it in.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic