Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,681 to 10,700 of 27,917

2Sang

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think you're just being kind of butthurt at this point. The current gen of Pokemon has always been represented with which ever entry in smash is out at the time. So for all we know it was an obligation to include something from Kalos. At least Sakurai got lucky and picked the most popular starter of gen 6 instead of something like…Delphox, idk.

I don't know why sakurai keeps doing this though. Just because they're in the current gen doesn't mean they're as popular as others. Meowth, eevee, victini, and plusle/minuin off the top of my head deserve a spot over frogger. Pokemon that represent different aspects of the game should be represented. Meowth represents the villains, eevee represents evolutions, plusle/minuin represents multibattles, and victini represents special events.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

LzWinky

I like Greninja as a character. He's something that's different from the norm. I would have liked to see Eevee, but an assist trophy is fine with me

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Unca_Lz wrote:

I like Greninja as a character. He's something that's different from the norm. I would have liked to see Eevee, but an assist trophy is fine with me

As a character, I think he's great too it terms of design at least, it's just that I want the best from each franchise. If there were 10 pokemon characters, I'd be ok with him, but there's pokemon who are more deserving and have been waiting their turns for a while.

It seems I go on a rant here every other week about frogger. I really have no complaints outside of him and there being no cutscenes. But man, was I disappointed when his trailer came, Sakurai teased it way to much by making it look like mewtwo. He shouldn't have made the trailer that way unless he had (or still has fingers crossed) revealed mewtwo.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

MsJubilee

@2Sang What a coincidence my greninja is nicknamed frogger that's so awesome. And i'm guessing you're not going to be using greninja in online then?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

2Sang wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think you're just being kind of butthurt at this point. The current gen of Pokemon has always been represented with which ever entry in smash is out at the time. So for all we know it was an obligation to include something from Kalos. At least Sakurai got lucky and picked the most popular starter of gen 6 instead of something like…Delphox, idk.

I don't know why sakurai keeps doing this though. Just because they're in the current gen doesn't mean they're as popular as others. Meowth, eevee, victini, and plusle/minuin off the top of my head deserve a spot over frogger. Pokemon that represent different aspects of the game should be represented. Meowth represents the villains, eevee represents evolutions, plusle/minuin represents multibattles, and victini represents special events.

Sakurai doesn't take popularity into his decisions. Ice Climbers weren't exactly popular in 2001 but they made it into Melee. Pit wasn't popular in 2008 but made it into Brawl (and then became so popular he got a new game).

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

2Sang

midnafanboy wrote:

@2Sang What a coincidence my greninja is nicknamed frogger that's so awesome. And i'm guessing you're not going to be using greninja in online then?

No, I even chose froakie as my starter and don't want to play as him.

2Sang

DefHalan wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Sakurai doesn't take popularity into his decisions. Ice Climbers weren't exactly popular in 2001 but they made it into Melee. Pit wasn't popular in 2008 but made it into Brawl (and then became so popular he got a new game).

But he normally takes into consideration their importance. Mewtwo is far more important. I will give frogger that he has a unique and cool fighting style, but we don't need another jigglypuff.

DefHalan

2Sang wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

But he normally takes into consideration their importance. Mewtwo is far more important. I will give frogger that he has a unique and cool fighting style, but we don't need another jigglypuff.

Another Jigglypuff?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

Hmm...that is an interesting point.

Donkey Kong was one, but that was a different DK. The DK we know today was never antagonistic.

And there is another one....but that's headed into spoiler territory.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Nintendo6400

I consider Dedede and Wario as semi villains.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Eel

I actually think Greeninja was made cool thanks to the fact that it was going to be featured in smash.

If they really decided to use it before its overall design was finalized, I think it is possible that they "buffed" it (anime exposure, awesome hidden ability, super cool ninja stuff) to force it to be popular.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Randomname19

They could have showed female Robin using Nosferatu to make the picture more interesting.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Kewlan

Robin OP God Tier pls nerf

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

CaviarMeths

I thought a key trait of an anti-hero was having a good alignment. If a character wouldn't do the right thing just because it's the right thing, they are not an anti-hero. They may lack traditional heroic qualities like honour, altruism, and nobility, but they aren't villainous. That would include characters like Batman, The Punisher, and Han Solo. Wario is just a villain. He acts completely in self-interest and would never do the right thing unless there was fame or fortune involved.

I could be wrong though.¯(ツ)/¯

Anyway, what's up with the Sceptile thing ? Did people just decide by themselves that SSB4 needed a grass Pokemon and Sceptile was therefore a potential newcomer? I don't get it.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DreamyViridi

CaviarMeths wrote:

Anyway, what's up with the Sceptile thing ? Did people just decide by themselves that SSB4 needed a grass Pokemon and Sceptile was therefore a potential newcomer?

Pretty much...
Also, Wario is more of an anti-hero than a villain at this point. Look at his Wario Land games; yeah the main aim is gold and cash-money but he still does good deeds in the end. Intentional or not!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

The_Ninja

They want the fire, grass and water trio. But hey, I didn't see Chikorita as a pokeball yet.... not that I want her playable.

And btw, what if you could choose any Pokemon - besides mewtwo and jigglypuff - to be in SSB4, which one would it be? I would choose Gengar or Kadabra, I love their designs and they have good potiential.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Datasun_7

@The_Ninja Swampert ftw!

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic