Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,621 to 10,640 of 27,917

IceClimbers

To be honest, the only thing Jigglypuff has going for her is seniority. Original 12 rule doesn't exist, as they had considered cutting Ness for Lucas in both Melee and Brawl. Jiggly was low priority in Brawl. Pokemon has changed a lot over the years. Would you rather have a roster of six Pokemon consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Mewtwo, and Sceptile, or one consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Sceptile? Or better yet, have both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff with no Sceptile? It might be time to consider letting her go.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eel

Jigglypuff has something much more important than "seniority": a unique and exclusive moveset, it's even one of the very few characters that have remained unique over the years. You can't just remove characters that are unique from these kind of games, you would be removing gameplay. Specially not if you have been giving your audience many years to practice with that style of gameplay.

Mewtwo got recycled and improved into Lucario.

Ness is also a unique character, so they won't be removing both him and Lucas at the same time, either.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

What about replacing Jigglypuff with Mew? It would combine the movesets of Jigglypuff and Mewtwo, plus retain Jigglypuff's physics and unique play style.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I have a feeling that isn't going to happen all at once and so there will be many articles about different characters who are unlockable

We're not on the same page. I don't care about characters revealed up until the game's launch. Smash Bros. has consisted of several hidden characters, characters we didn't know were in the game to begin with until people start playing and finding out. This time, we'll be finding out in September because that's the Japanese launch. That's when the final character roster will be revealed and that's the roster I do not want to know about until I play the game myself.

I know what you mean but when the game comes out I don't think we will get a list, we will find out as people unlock them. I expect someone at NL to get a Japan copy and try to unlock all of them and report them as they unlock them or as we see Miiverse screenshots

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

2Sang

IceClimbers wrote:

To be honest, the only thing Jigglypuff has going for her is seniority. Original 12 rule doesn't exist, as they had considered cutting Ness for Lucas in both Melee and Brawl. Jiggly was low priority in Brawl. Pokemon has changed a lot over the years. Would you rather have a roster of six Pokemon consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Mewtwo, and Sceptile, or one consisting of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Sceptile? Or better yet, have both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff with no Sceptile? It might be time to consider letting her go.

Ness was never planned to be cut in brawl, and melee was the second game in the franchise, so the importance of original 12 hadn't really been established. Now they're set in stone, which is why I think Greninja was a bad choice because we're going to be stuck with him even though he's irrelivant like jigglypuff despite the unique moveset.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

CaviarMeths wrote:

What about replacing Jigglypuff with Mew? It would combine the movesets of Jigglypuff and Mewtwo, plus retain Jigglypuff's physics and unique play style.

As much as I want this, I don't think it will happen. Jiggs is really populair in Japan, way more populair than Mew. But, 7 Poke reps isn't crazy. Pokemon and Mario are the 2 best selling franchises in the world. I would be fine with 7.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Uncle_Franklin

Jigglypuff should at least have a Fairy type move.

Uncle_Franklin

ZurrrrBlattTron

replace jigglypuffs sing with sword's dance and change her side special to play rough keep rest but buff it up and have her actually recover health and buff up rollout there you go SSSS tier Jiggs

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Nintendo6400

I think the most reps a series should have is 6. Oh and I'd prefer the final 2 pokemon to be Jiggs and mewtwo.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

I doubt Mewtwo will come back

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nintendo6400

I remember at last year's e3 Sakurai said they were considering Mewtwo.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

The_Ninja

That was just part of his trolling plan. He will probaly announce Mewtwo as a boss or pokeball.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Eel

I honestly don't want mewtwo to "return". Mostly because mega evolution is a thing and "powered up transformations" are a worse plague than the landmasters.

As for jiggs, they should either replace its sing attack or make it actually useful (the attack animation lasts far longer than the amount of time the enemies remain asleep wth).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Shirma_Akayaku

Morphbug wrote:

As for jiggs, they should either replace its sing attack or make it actually useful (the attack animation lasts far longer than the amount of time the enemies remain asleep wth).

Or they could widen the attack range of sing. Either way, sing is in desperate need of a buff. You never see tournament players use it.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

IceClimbers

Do you really want both Jiggs and Mewtwo? That would make 4 Gen 1 Pokemon. People are gonna start calling Sakurai a genwunner. A little unfair to the other generations. With Jigglypuff, she could just as easily be replaced by one of the 700+ other Pokemon with a unique moveset that would bring new experiences to the table. Denying ourselves of that for the sake of tradition is a little unfair, don't you think? That being said, she's most likely coming back.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eel

Huh nobody here in this page has showed interest in mewtwo returning.

Except you and the guy with Meta Knight in the avatar.

Unless that question was directed at him, in that case sorry for meddling.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LzWinky

I have no interest in Mewtwo returning

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Uncle_Franklin

I would like Mewtwo to return.

He's the most iconic Pokemon after Pikachu. The 1st generation does have a near monopoly on these significant Pokemon, but that's to be expected.

Uncle_Franklin

Kewlan

You know what would be cool?
If the participants of the Invitational were in included in the development of Smash 4 to make the competitive side even better.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic