Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,601 to 10,620 of 27,917

Yoshi

Unca_Lz wrote:

So what? We are still gonna know them all by September anyway

Actually, there are some people (read: me) that are really going to try avoid finding out who the secret characters are. If that involves leaving this site for a month, so be it.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Nintendo6400

brewsky wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually, there are some people (read: me) that are really going to try avoid finding out who the secret characters are. If that involves leaving this site for a month, so be it.

Instead of leaving the site forum I would hope for a no spoilers smash thread to be created.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

FriedSquid

My guess is that the ones cut from Brawl are R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. Maybe a StarFox character, I want to say Falco but it's hard to say. I think no one from just Melee will return, though I think Mewtwo has a chance. Even then, I'm thinking he won't make it.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

2Sang

Nintendo6400 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Instead of leaving the site forum I would hope for a no spoilers smash thread to be created.

this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Yoshi

Nintendo6400 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

That would be nice, but all it takes is one troll to ruin it all. I like the anticipation and it extends the longevity of a game if you don't know everything going into it (like some people who are already tired of Mario Kart 8 because they knew everything beforehand).

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

LzWinky

Even if someone creates such a thread, there's no guarantee for no spoilers. Besides, you'd have to avoid the entire internet to avoid such spoilers

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FriedSquid

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

R.O.B. will not be cut! I'm getting really sick of seeing everyone predict him getting cut.

Well, I just don't see reason for him to not get cut besides the fact that people like him. Besides it's only my guesses, I'll probably be wrong in the end.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Yoshi

Unca_Lz wrote:

Even if someone creates such a thread, there's no guarantee for no spoilers. Besides, you'd have to avoid the entire internet to avoid such spoilers

I trust Nintendo Life itself to write articles that have no spoilers save for the article that reveals the hidden roster. But I'm going to have to avoid comments and forums, unfortunately. Not only am I afraid of finding out who's in, but also who's out.

Now playing:

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I trust Nintendo Life itself to write articles that have no spoilers save for the article that reveals the hidden roster. But I'm going to have to avoid comments and forums, unfortunately. Not only am I afraid of finding out who's in, but also who's out.

Going to be difficult when the headline reads Krystal from Star Fox confirmed for New Smash Bros.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

DefHalan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Going to be difficult when the headline reads Krystal from Star Fox confirmed for New Smash Bros.

Actually, I think they'll be more prudent and say Hidden Roster for Super Smash Bros. Revealed.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually, I think they'll be more prudent and say Hidden Roster for Super Smash Bros. Revealed.

I have a feeling that isn't going to happen all at once and so there will be many articles about different characters who are unlockable

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

DefHalan wrote:

I have a feeling that isn't going to happen all at once and so there will be many articles about different characters who are unlockable

We're not on the same page. I don't care about characters revealed up until the game's launch. Smash Bros. has consisted of several hidden characters, characters we didn't know were in the game to begin with until people start playing and finding out. This time, we'll be finding out in September because that's the Japanese launch. That's when the final character roster will be revealed and that's the roster I do not want to know about until I play the game myself.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

Nintendo6400

I remember all of the hard work I did avoiding the smash news for brawl. It was so hard, but sadly my efforts were for not. My friends ended up spoiling all the characters for me when I had the game! Wolf, Toon Link, and Rob and even Tabu were not revealed to me before my eyes which made me sad. Luckly most of the items and stages surprised me.

Unfortunately I have been doing a terrible job of not looking at smash 4 news, but how could anyone not watch those reveal trailers?

Overall I think I will try to avoid the Internet when smash 3ds releases, which is going to be difficult.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

IceClimbers

Debate: Pokemon. How many reps do you think it will have, and do you think Jigglypuff is safe?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Uncle_Franklin

I'd have preferred Magnus to have accompanied Pit in Smash Bros. but now Palutena is in I don't think Kid Icarus warrants another character yet.

Uncle_Franklin

Yoshi

IceClimbers wrote:

Debate: Pokemon. How many reps do you think it will have, and do you think Jigglypuff is safe?

Don't know, and yes. Jigglypuff is a perfect attendance character. Practically guaranteed, unless Sakurai wants a riot on his hands.

Now playing:

Eel

I certainly hope they rebuff Jiggs.

Brawl made it easier to play with (less accidental deaths while rolling), but they made the poor thing even weaker, even its one big attack (rest) became laughable.

Peach is another one I hope they fix up. She was super awesome in melee, and then brawl came and <shrinking sound effect>.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MsJubilee

What about sakurai does something crazy like this take out jigglypuff and replace her with mewtwo! I would love too see people freak out if that happened, which has no chance happening anyway.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic