Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,641 to 10,660 of 27,917

Eel

Pretty much every gen one pokemon is iconic.

Even Rhydon, which is usually ignored in media, is a big thing. It was the very first pokemon ever created and there are statues of them all around the pokemon world.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MsJubilee

I vote for mewtwo to be an alternate costume for lucario anyone with me?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

Kewlan wrote:

You know what would be cool?
If the participants of the Invitational were in included in the development of Smash 4 to make the competitive side even better.

I heard they were asked for some feedback, which could possibly be implemented

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - Metal Mario at this point seems to be the series' staple doppelganger like Zelda's Dark Link and Sonic's Metal Sonic. I'd be all for Metal Mario bringing the pain with those clanging footsteps but the Metal Box is an item in the game. How would one tell the difference between a Mario who used a Metal Box and Metal Mario, the supposedly 'evil' Mario? Maybe different voice clips or something of the sort or he'd be shinier compared to the regular Metal transformation?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Joestar-

Then we got metal Luigi in Melee

Joestar-

CapeSmash

midnafanboy wrote:

Having character turn into other characters via alt costumes is a terrible idea! Even Sakurai himself said he hates the idea of it.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

So with 36 characters (39 counting different Mii Fighters), who do you think is left? There's quite a few Brawl veterans that aren't confirmed yet. Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Falco, Wolf, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Wario, Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch, ROB, and Snake (Squirtle and Ivysaur are pretty much guaranteed cuts) are yet to be confirmed.

My guesses by franchise:

Super Mario: I think we're done here. 5 reps, with the four main characters of the franchise already here. Anything else is extra. Yoshi and Wario rep their own franchises.
Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf (and hopefully not as Falcondorf) is most likely back. I do think we'll get a sixth Zelda character, either Ghirahim or Impa.
Donkey Kong: I personally hope there's a third DK rep, and the franchise kinda deserves it. Either Dixie Kong or K Rool.
Metroid: If we do get a 3rd Metroid rep, it'll be Ridley. That's a touchy subject, so moving on.
Kirby: Meta Knight will come back, no newcomers.
Star Fox: Hopefully both Falco and Wolf come back. If Krystal is added, she'd most likely replace one of the two.
Kid Icarus: Don't know if we'll get a 3rd rep, but we may get Dark Pit, Medusa, or Hades.
Pokemon: This subject is almost as touchy as Ridley. I do think we'll get 6 Pokemon reps. Jigglypuff and some other Pokemon (Mewtwo? Sceptile?).
Fire Emblem: We went from 2 to 4 reps. We're done here.
F-Zero: Did you really think Captain Falcon would get cut? He's practically the face of Smash. In fact, he's more iconic to Smash Bros than he is to F-Zero (which is rather sad)
Pikmin: Nothing more here, though a newcomer would be shocking.
Earthbound/Mother: Hopefully both Ness and Lucas are back. No newcomers
Misc: I think Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch, and ROB will come back. Hopefully Shulk is confirmed to represent Xenoblade.
3rd party characters: We have 3 already, which are the 3 most iconic figures in gaming other than Mario. Snake may or may not come back.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eel

SockoMario wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Having character turn into other characters via alt costumes is a terrible idea! Even Sakurai himself said he hates the idea of it.

When?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Captain_Toad

Morphbug wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

When?

And why?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Dupree520

IceClimbers wrote:

So with 36 characters (39 counting different Mii Fighters), who do you think is left? There's quite a few Brawl veterans that aren't confirmed yet. Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Falco, Wolf, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Wario, Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch, ROB, and Snake (Squirtle and Ivysaur are pretty much guaranteed cuts) are yet to be confirmed.

My guesses by franchise:

Super Mario: I think we're done here. 5 reps, with the four main characters of the franchise already here. Anything else is extra. Yoshi and Wario rep their own franchises.
Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf (and hopefully not as Falcondorf) is most likely back. I do think we'll get a sixth Zelda character, either Ghirahim or Impa.
Donkey Kong: I personally hope there's a third DK rep, and the franchise kinda deserves it. Either Dixie Kong or K Rool.
Metroid: If we do get a 3rd Metroid rep, it'll be Ridley. That's a touchy subject, so moving on.
Star Fox: Hopefully both Falco and Wolf come back. If Krystal is added, she'd most likely replace one of the two.
Kid Icarus: Don't know if we'll get a 3rd rep, but we may get Dark Pit, Medusa, or Hades.
Pokemon: This subject is almost as touchy as Ridley. I do think we'll get 6 Pokemon reps. Jigglypuff and some other Pokemon (Mewtwo? Sceptile?).
F-Zero: Did you really think Captain Falcon would get cut? He's practically the face of Smash. In fact, he's more iconic to Smash Bros than he is to F-Zero (which is rather sad)
Misc: I think Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch, and ROB will come back. Hopefully Shulk is confirmed to represent Xenoblade.
3rd party characters: We have 3 already, which are the 3 most iconic figures in gaming other than Mario. Snake may or may not come back.

Pretty much says it all.
What do you think of another Punch Out rep? King Hippo seems fitting, but I'm not to sure if that would be a popular choice overall. What if they replaced Ganondorf with Ganon from A Link to the Past? Always preferred Ganon more.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

The_Ninja

SockoMario wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

This. They're totally different Pokemon. Mario and Dr. Mario are a differemt story, they are still the same person, but Lucario and Mewtwo ARE NOT THE SAME. Alt skins are either that character with different clotching, or a alt skin that resembles another character, but is not (Mario's pallete swap that made him look like Wario)

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

2Sang

Franklin wrote:

I would like Mewtwo to return.

He's the most iconic Pokemon after Pikachu. The 1st generation does have a near monopoly on these significant Pokemon, but that's to be expected.

too bad we got frogger instead

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

IceClimbers wrote:

My guesses by franchise:

I guarantee you that Zelda will not get a sixth rep if mario doesn't. Pokemon MAYBE, but definitely not zelda. It's not big enough of a franchise. I doubt we're getting more than 5 of any franchise, though. Mario will very likely have the most with 5, and if a series has 6 so will mario.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

2Sang wrote:

Franklin wrote:

I would like Mewtwo to return.

He's the most iconic Pokemon after Pikachu. The 1st generation does have a near monopoly on these significant Pokemon, but that's to be expected.

too bad we got frogger instead

"Frogger" ftw. Mewtwo is overrated IMO, but if he is in, I would still use him, as a sandbag replacement.
Seriously though, he IS overrated.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CapeSmash

Seeing as people love it when characters turn into completely different characters through costumes, let's make Sonic turn into Shadow! Let's not stop there, let's also turn Fox into Slippy, turn Luigi into Waluigi, turn Marth into Roy, and turn Captain Falcon into Black Shadow!

Apparently, Costumes = Turning a character into a completely different character. Because that's what the word "costume" means!

Smash Mains:

IceClimbers

2Sang wrote:

I guarantee you that Zelda will not get a sixth rep if mario doesn't. Pokemon MAYBE, but definitely not zelda. It's not big enough of a franchise. I doubt we're getting more than 5 of any franchise, though. Mario will very likely have the most with 5, and if a series has 6 so will mario.

There's no arbitrary rule that states that Mario has to have the most amount of reps. Zelda and Pokemon are allowed to have more reps than Mario. Pokemon already had more reps than Mario in Brawl. Pokemon had 6 reps in Brawl. Yes, three of them were bound by Trainer. Still different characters. No different than Sheik and ZSS. "Slots" don't exist.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

Usually yes, you wear a costume to look like someone or something else.

Have you heard of Halloween?

No. People don't want characters to dress up as other characters, they want them to turn INTO the characters from what I've been reading.

Smash Mains:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic