Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,588

hirobo2

arronishere wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

Octane wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

SFZ isn't a sequel, nor a prequel, but sort of exists alongside the originals. As such, it makes more sense to release it leading up to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, than the main trilogy Episode VII: The Force Awakens!

I think when Nintendo originally planned an X-mas 2015 release, not a whole lot was known about the Star Wars spin-off movies. So, they felt like playing it safe by shadowing Episode VII's footsteps. Now that Rogue One is shaping to be potentially as kick-ass as the main trilogy, someone on the Nintendo board decided SFZ would be better a better match for Rogue One's release schedule (which is next May). I think Star Wars is having a much bigger effect on this game, which is its closest spiritual and intellectual parody than anyone could ever imagine!

(P.S.: I think it's very possible StarFox NX, the true sequel to SF/64/Assault/Command/w/e will be made and released concurently with Episode IX b/c SFZ only exists in a parallel, spin-off universe, according to Miyamoto)

I don't think Nintendo cares at all when the Star Wars movies get released. Also, Star Fox Zero is set for Q1, not May.

It's bad business to ignore the biggest franchise in movie history when you're the one parodying it. Nevermind the Nintendo NX, which is supposed to be a mid-gen console. But, could you imagine if in a few years, there are PS5 and XB2, and Nintendo just sat on their butt and did nothing --- no new console? Now take that logic and apply it to the biggest movie FRANCHISE in history.

It's also bad business to be seen wearing a pink shoe on the left foot (Nintendo's Star Fox's spin-off game, ie. SFZ) when the right foot (Disney's core franchise that is the sequel trilogy not the spinoff movies) wears a blue shoe. Everything must match and be harmonious. SFZ isn't a sequel/prequel, therefore it does not suit Episode VII, but rather Rogue One!

And btw, SFZ was supposed to release this November (or was it October?). That's like a month away from Episode VII. SFZ releasing late Q1 will be weeks away from Rogue One's release just the same! The gameplan has always been to get ppl talking about SFZ while the hype for Star Wars is still hot before they've seen the movie(s)!

Did Ninty bother to do anything for the last batch of Star Wars films?

Right. Darth maul appeared on the scene with a staff lightsaber. All of a sudden, Fox weilds this high-tech staff.

Obi Wan rides this gigantic lizard like creature (reptile) in Episode III. All of a sudden Star Fox gets transported to Dinosaur planet (dinosaurs are a form of reptiles) with "rideable" dinosaurs Obi-Wan style!

The X-Wing opens its wings for greater maneuverability during a dogfight. All of the sudden, SF64 has this all-range mode where the wings open to allow the Arwing greater maneuverability during a dog-fight...

Another possible reason,, they're delaying SFZ so they could see what Disney did in Epsode VII, so they could spoof some concepts from it in late Dec/Jan...

(Btw, it's not just Nintendo. Avatar introduced the concept of the personal "pterodactyl" air transportation (or rather made it popular). All of a sudden, Kryptonians ride this gigantic dragonfly-like creature in Man of Steel...)

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

hirobo2

cookiex wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

It's bad business to ignore the biggest franchise in movie history when you're the one parodying it.

Can you provide a source for that claim? Miyamoto's always said that Thunderbirds was the main inspiration for Star Fox. Star Fox has made references to Star Wars numerous times, sure, but SW being the most defining sci-fi franchise of all time pretty much makes that a given. That does not count as a parody.

It's also bad business to be seen wearing a pink shoe on the left foot (Nintendo's Star Fox's spin-off game, ie. SFZ) when the right foot (Disney's core franchise that is the sequel trilogy not the spinoff movies) wears a blue shoe. Everything must match and be harmonious. SFZ isn't a sequel/prequel, therefore it does not suit Episode VII, but rather Rogue One!

Rogue One is a prequel. It ties directly into A New Hope since it's about how the Rebels got a hold of the Death Star plans which become relevant in that film. By the same reasoning, Rogue One wouldn't be suited either.

And btw, SFZ was supposed to release this November (or was it October?). That's like a month away from Episode VII. SFZ releasing late Q1 will be weeks away from Rogue One's release just the same! The gameplan has always been to get ppl talking about SFZ while the hype for Star Wars is still hot before they've seen the movie(s)!

Rogue One comes out in December that year, not Spring. Unless Star Fox moves past June it'll still be closer to Force Awakens (which would get its DVD/Blu-Ray release around that point) than Rogue One.

Pulleeze, "My Emperor, I've failed you!" Lol, you mean Emperor Darth Sidious? Did the Thunderbirds ever have this emperor that resided in a dark spooky planet that is reminiscient of the Death Star?

Also, could you imagine if Miyamoto outright said StarFox was a direct spoof of SW? Lucas Arts/Disney would have sued Nintendo for millions. Do you realize the X-wing never fought alone but mostly in a squadron? That was where the idea for having wingmen came from in StarFox.

The Thunderbirds is a sort of PR gimmick mainly to deter lawsuits from interested parties...

Btw, in regards to Rogue One, ten bucks says SFZ will be delayed a second time to Nov 2016. Any takers?

Why? What if Disney hypothetically gave a two-headed android front center attention in Epsiode VII, but SFZ had nothing similar? That would be bad business. I don't think you can spoof content within a month or two and have the game ready a month later. You would need a few good months, hence the second predicted delay.

We all know Miyamoto said delayed to Q1 2016. But that's just press talk when you're dealing with a publicly traded company. The way to really delay something is by taking smaller steps so as not to influence the stock price by that much each time the title gets delayed (see the next Zelda title, if you know what I mean)...

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Chandlero

hirobo2 wrote:

Obi Wan rides this gigantic lizard like creature (reptile) in Episode III. All of a sudden Star Fox gets transported to Dinosaur planet (dinosaurs are a form of reptiles) with "rideable" dinosaurs Obi-Wan style!

Let me refresh your memory:

Star Wars: Episode III was released 2005 three years after Episode II.

Dinosaur Planet was in development since 1999 and was released as Star Fox Adventures in 2002. Just four months after Episode II (!!!). Episode III was miles away.
At the very most it was the other way around: George Lucas was influenced by the great game Star Fox Adventures.

Edited on by Chandlero

NintendoFan64

@hirobo2 I think you're overthinking this a bit...wait, didn't I say this before?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

The-NX

@gaming_24_7:
Actually, in Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones, Anakin rides that triceratops in the Geonosin Arena, and he controls it.

The-NX

jump

hirobo2 wrote:

Btw, in regards to Rogue One, ten bucks says SFZ will be delayed a second time to Nov 2016. Any takers?

If I take you up on that will you stopping going on about Star Wars?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Chandlero

pherret022 wrote:

@gaming_24_7:
Actually, in Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones, Anakin rides that triceratops in the Geonosin Arena, and he controls it.

And after seeing that, Nintendo included Dinosaurs in the almost finished game "Dinosaur Planet"???

I'm just pointing out that it is really easy to find related stuff in different topics but this doesn't necessarily mean that there is a causality. In the cited example above it is clear that there is no causal connection.

hirobo2

gaming_24_7 wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

Let me refresh your memory:

Star Wars: Episode III was released 2005 three years after Episode II.

Dinosaur Planet was in development since 1999 and was released as Star Fox Adventures in 2002. Just four months after Episode II (!!!). Episode III was miles away.
At the very most it was the other way around: George Lucas was influenced by the great game Star Fox Adventures.

Let me refresh your memories, characters were seen riding gigantic things that resembled dinosaurs in Star Wars as far back as Lucas decided to go full blown madness with digitally remastering the original trilogy.

And how you going to dispute the double-ended light saber possessed by Darth Maul vs. Fox out of no-where weilding a staff of similar caliber?

hirobo2

hirobo2

I'm loling so hard at the ppl who think SF ain't a spoof of SW...

Here's another example: Why does Star Wolf's team use starfighters that look like the X-wing (when the wings are fully opened)? Sure, there are slight design differences, but that's only to avoid being sued...

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

DefHalan

Star Fox spoofs lots of Sci-Fi. It is not just a Star Wars spoof. It doesn't make sense to delay the game if they wanted to capitalize off of a Star Wars movie, episode 7 is going to be way bigger than Rouge One. To say Star Fox is based on Star Wars would be like saying Firefly is based on Star Trek. There are similarities and definitely some influence but it is not based on it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Chandlero

hirobo2 wrote:

And how you going to dispute the double-ended light saber possessed by Darth Maul vs. Fox out of no-where weilding a staff of similar caliber?

In Rare's Dinosaur Planet this staff was present in 1999, and that before the game became a Star Fox game. Maybe Rare was influenced by Darth Maul but in that case it doesn't have anything to do with StarFox.

Edited on by Chandlero

jump

This thread is starting to make me hate Star Wars,

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NintendoFan64

I'm surprised that people are talking about Star Wars, yet aren't bringing up Independence Day.
Untitled

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

hirobo2

DefHalan wrote:

Star Fox spoofs lots of Sci-Fi. It is not just a Star Wars spoof. It doesn't make sense to delay the game if they wanted to capitalize off of a Star Wars movie, episode 7 is going to be way bigger than Rouge One. To say Star Fox is based on Star Wars would be like saying Firefly is based on Star Trek. There are similarities and definitely some influence but it is not based on it.

Hence the delay. They're going to wait for Episode VII to be released to see what they can spoof from it...

hirobo2

Octane

hirobo2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Hence the delay. They're going to wait for Episode VII to be released to see what they can spoof from it...

I don't think you understand at all what is going here.

They delayed Star Fox Zero to Q1 2016, because of the Jungle Book movie adaptation. Both games feature animals, they're clearly trying to cater to the Disney fans, the new and the old fans, those who enjoyed the original movie from decades ago. They're trying to reach a bigger audience with this game. How is this not evident?

Octane

hirobo2

Octane wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think you understand at all what is going here.

They delayed Star Fox Zero to Q1 2016, because of the Jungle Book movie adaptation. Both games feature animals, they're clearly trying to cater to the Disney fans, the new and the old fans, those who enjoyed the original movie from decades ago. They're trying to reach a bigger audience with this game. How is this not evident?

Now you're starting to understand MY logic! In addition to the Gigarilla, all they need is a Gigatigre and we'll be all set.

hirobo2

Blast

hirobo2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I wish I knew how to post gifs on the site. I want a gif of a madman running left and right begging people to believe him.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

hirobo2

Blast wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I wish I knew how to post gifs on the site. I want a gif of a madman running left and right begging people to believe him.

Com'on I dare you to post it. If you knew how to upload an avatar image, posting a GIF should be a cinch. Plus, you'll do all of us a good laugh with your paranoia about my paranoia...

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

DefHalan

hirobo2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

They are too far along to be able to change that kind of stuff easily. Maybe if they delayed it to Q3 2016 or something. I am also thinking you are screwing with people now...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.