Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,588

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Star Fox spoofs lots of Sci-Fi. It is not just a Star Wars spoof. It doesn't make sense to delay the game if they wanted to capitalize off of a Star Wars movie, episode 7 is going to be way bigger than Rouge One. To say Star Fox is based on Star Wars would be like saying Firefly is based on Star Trek. There are similarities and definitely some influence but it is not based on it.

Hence the delay. They're going to wait for Episode VII to be released to see what they can spoof from it...

They are too far along to be able to change that kind of stuff easily. Maybe if they delayed it to Q3 2016 or something. I am also thinking you are screwing with people now...

Since they haven't got a Nintendo console and they are on Nintendo site I always thought that was the case.

I don't know the details of this guys, I have only seen a few of his posts and they are all in this thread lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

That's always a good idea. Unless that influence includes story. But since it's Miyamoto, I'm assuming not.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

@kkslider5552000: Honestly, does Star Fox really need a story to be that good? I understand that stories can be touching but it can also be a potential that the story is what partly ruins the entire game experience like other m.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

hirobo2

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Star Fox spoofs lots of Sci-Fi. It is not just a Star Wars spoof. It doesn't make sense to delay the game if they wanted to capitalize off of a Star Wars movie, episode 7 is going to be way bigger than Rouge One. To say Star Fox is based on Star Wars would be like saying Firefly is based on Star Trek. There are similarities and definitely some influence but it is not based on it.

Hence the delay. They're going to wait for Episode VII to be released to see what they can spoof from it...

They are too far along to be able to change that kind of stuff easily. Maybe if they delayed it to Q3 2016 or something. I am also thinking you are screwing with people now...

Since they haven't got a Nintendo console and they are on Nintendo site I always thought that was the case.

As I stated multiple times before I'm only interested in StarFox. SFZ is THE ONLY game that could push me to get a Wii U. As such, why would I be found in another thread?

Also, you guys don't know Asians. Jackie Chan edits his footages on site right after filming it. The Japanese work like 14 hours a day. Much can be accomplished within a 1-2 months time frame! Plus, there is always the early screening to make sure Nintendo staff working on SFZ get a chance to see Ep VII as early as possible!

hirobo2

Dezzy

DefHalan wrote:

STo say Star Fox is based on Star Wars would be like saying Firefly is based on Star Trek. There are similarities and definitely some influence but it is not based on it.

Beyond the fact that it's set in space, there really aren't many similarities between Firefly and Star Trek. They take almost the exact opposite approaches to sci-fi in my opinion! Firefly is a lot more like Star Wars than Star Trek. Malcolm is pretty similar to Han Solo.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

hirobo2 wrote:

Also, you guys don't know Asians.

lol

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

STo say Star Fox is based on Star Wars would be like saying Firefly is based on Star Trek. There are similarities and definitely some influence but it is not based on it.

Beyond the fact that it's set in space, there really aren't many similarities between Firefly and Star Trek. They take almost the exact opposite approaches to sci-fi in my opinion! Firefly is a lot more like Star Wars than Star Trek. Malcolm is pretty similar to Han Solo.

That is kinda the point

Rumorlife

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I'm surprised that people are talking about Star Wars, yet aren't bringing up Independence Day.
Untitled

Um excuse me this should at least have gotten one response.

arronishere wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

lol

Oh my god

Rumorlife

cookiex

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I'm surprised that people are talking about Star Wars, yet aren't bringing up Independence Day.
Untitled

This post becomes extra hilarious when you realize there's an Independence Day sequel coming next summer. Might as well say SFZ is going to cash in on that.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Araquanid

Inb4 SFZ is released ON Independence Day 2k16.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Dezzy

hirobo2 wrote:

Best comment on this thread. Also a correct one. I don't have a single Asian friend. I'm in serious trouble if I get accused of racism.

Edited on by Dezzy

Blast

Is there any RPG elements at all in this game? Or is it really just shooting and dodging to get a high score?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Joeynator3000

checks on thread ...Yup, thread is still crazy.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

Is there any RPG elements at all in this game? Or is it really just shooting and dodging to get a high score?

I doubt there are any RPG elements but there could be. We don't know much about the game.

jariw

Megumi wrote:

checks on thread ...Yup, thread is still crazy.

Checks on comment and poster. Yup...

jariw

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Well the different paths you can take through the game could be considered an RPG element of sorts, in SF64 anyway. I think they'll probably do the same in this one too!
And then there's a bit of exploration in the off-rails parts. Personally, I wish all of Star Fox was off-rails. Much better games.

Edited on by Dezzy

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Well the different paths you can take through the game could be considered an RPG element of sorts, in SF64 anyway. I think they'll probably do the same in this one too!
And then there's a bit of exploration in the off-rails parts. Personally, I wish all of Star Fox was off-rails. Much better games.

Ehhh.... Well... Hopefully the HUD and UI is incredibly sleek and good.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

whodatninja

I would be more interested in this game if it wasn't on-rails.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

kkslider5552000

whodatninja wrote:

I would be more interested in this game if it wasn't on-rails.

I would be less interested in this game if it wasn't on-rails

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.