Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,588

cookiex

hirobo2 wrote:

It's bad business to ignore the biggest franchise in movie history when you're the one parodying it.

Can you provide a source for that claim? Miyamoto's always said that Thunderbirds was the main inspiration for Star Fox. Star Fox has made references to Star Wars numerous times, sure, but SW being the most defining sci-fi franchise of all time pretty much makes that a given. That does not count as a parody.

It's also bad business to be seen wearing a pink shoe on the left foot (Nintendo's Star Fox's spin-off game, ie. SFZ) when the right foot (Disney's core franchise that is the sequel trilogy not the spinoff movies) wears a blue shoe. Everything must match and be harmonious. SFZ isn't a sequel/prequel, therefore it does not suit Episode VII, but rather Rogue One!

Rogue One is a prequel. It ties directly into A New Hope since it's about how the Rebels got a hold of the Death Star plans which become relevant in that film. By the same reasoning, Rogue One wouldn't be suited either.

And btw, SFZ was supposed to release this November (or was it October?). That's like a month away from Episode VII. SFZ releasing late Q1 will be weeks away from Rogue One's release just the same! The gameplan has always been to get ppl talking about SFZ while the hype for Star Wars is still hot before they've seen the movie(s)!

Rogue One comes out in December that year, not Spring. Unless Star Fox moves past June it'll still be closer to Force Awakens (which would get its DVD/Blu-Ray release around that point) than Rogue One.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DefHalan

I don't think Star Wars has any effect on Star Fox, for the same reasons why I don't think Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls is effected by Game of Thrones.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sleepingmudkip

So what he saying is to move star fox to the summer when there are no star wars films?

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

that's one of the best things i've ever read. "space battles are only a small part of Star Wars". lol

i've always seen the star wars influence in star fox, it's just logical, i thought everyone could see it

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Dezzy

Space battles were almost non-existent in the prequel trilogy. Not many people mention that or notice how much they cut back on them!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@martinskrtel37: I'd argue that the general story and lightsaber/blaster battles are more prevalent in the franchise than space warfare. Nevertheless, delaying Star Fox Zero by a couple of months isn't going to result in more sales due to the game releasing closer to Rogue One, because that is a spin-off. No that's the most illogical reasoning I've seen in a long time. He was really scraping the barrel with that argument.

Octane

jump

Whitewatermoose wrote:

If Nintendo were smart they would have a Rogue Squadron HD remake in time for Rogue One release.

Nintendo doesn't own Star Wars though...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SuperWiiU

Whitewatermoose wrote:

If Nintendo were smart they would have a Rogue Squadron HD remake in time for Rogue One release.

Sorry, Disney considers all previous Star Wars games non-cannon and all future games will be cannon. The best you can hope for is the Gamecube games being added to the VC eventually(or less likely an HD remaster collection).

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Smash_kirby

@Retro_on_theGo: There is some influence and that is like saying Superman wasn't influenced by John Carter of Mars.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

jump

Don't forget Star Wars has also influenced Fire Emblem with it's incest storyline

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

cookiex

arronishere wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Nintendo doesn't own Star Wars though...

They don't own the Rogue Squadron games either. LucasArts published the games (with Nintendo holding exclusivity rights for five years after each release) and anything LucasArts had is now under Disney's control.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

DefHalan

I got it, the real reason they delayed Star Fox Zero. To add Krystal to the game. It all makes sense. The Smash Bros ballot is going to close soon and Krystal has probably been one of the most popular characters. Seeing that they worry Star Fox Zero is going to alienate fans if Krystal isn't in it, so they delayed it to add her in. Her Smash DLC should be finished by the time Star Fox Zero is released too, it just makes too much sense.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

@DefHalan: Don't be ridiculous. Everyone knows that if we get a Starfox newcomer for Smash Bros dlc, it will be Slippy!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Dezzy

So thegamecollection.net has the release date down as March 25th. Dunno if that's confirmed or just a placeholder?
I hope in 4 extra months, they can really polish the ass off this!

arronishere wrote:

Don't forget Star Wars has also influenced Fire Emblem with it's incest storyline

I think that was just european royalty.

Edited on by Dezzy

cookiex

March 25th would line up with previous Nintendo trends. Either that or February 19th.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Volke93

Uhm before I write what I've to write, I want to make an apologize for having opened a whole topic for this, I thought it was necessary because I thought it was a pretty much important topic. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. By the way, I'm the only who actually WANTED Star Fox Zero getting delayed? Yeah, it's weird to hear but since the disappointing E3 presentation, I ALWAYS wanted the game getting delayed, so they could have improved it. All I want is that Star Fox Zero and the remaining announced relevant Wii U games (Pokkèn, Pikmin 4 and Zelda) will be GOOD especially since I've already estabilished that Wii U will be my final console. If the game would have been released on November 20th every hope for this game being good would have been lost, but now it got delayed it got its chance to shine like it should have. Am I the only who feels like this?

Volke93

Dezzy

I'm glad it was delayed too. It was just looking fairly average on the whole. I don't want something that I may or may not have picked up, depending on my mood, I want something I NEED to have. Like Xenoblade and Zelda.
I know they're capable of doing that with Star Fox, it's got a solid enough foundation as game. I'm still kinda skeptical they will though. They need to really add so much more to it so it doesn't just look like a retreading of the N64 game. The best I think we can hope for is that they'll spend this time really polishing the graphics so at least it stands out visually more than it did.

Megas75

Disappointed that they had to delay it, as I actually thought it looked great. That said, I don't mind it as delays aren't much of a bad thing(most of the time)

And to echo Dezzy, hopefully this means they can add more to make it less like a SF64 retread

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.