Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 14,636

Undead_terror

Allx360 wrote:

If you were to design a Splatoon Sequel what would you add? I would add more local multiplayer modes like 2v2 turf war or a endless wave mode, I would add more colors of Ink and maybe add a gun game style of mode but with a twist.

Maybe in a future update...but ya that endless mode would be very fun to play solo or with a friend, at least then you got something else to do in single player.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

When me and @Undead_Terror are on the same team online in Splatoon!

Untitled And we're the good guys btw

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Grumblevolcano

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

To anyone complaining about features, have you played the FULL game yet? Also, did you enjoy mario kart 8? Because if you thought mario kart had enough content, then you should think Splatoon has enough too. Its the Mario kart version of a shooter. That's pretty much it. Same amount of content. I'm tired of people complaining about it. No voice chat sucks, I agree. But complaining about content? Please. Its coming, and it's free. And the base game is awesome enough already. Just chill out.

You're just looking for excuses not to buy it. I'm sorry, I don't want to offend anyone, but I just had to speak my mind. Again, sorry.

I disagree with the comparison to Mario Kart 8 mainly because of the way it deals with online compared with Splatoon. I'm not saying Mario Kart 8 is perfect because there is one flaw which is a large nuisance for many fans of the older games (SNES, N64 particularly), namely the nonexistence of a proper battle mode which maybe they'll fix in the future but currently it doesn't look likely.

Splatoon's issues will be resolved over the coming months, the Direct confirms 9 more maps coming including the 4 in the Prima guide of which 14 maps is definitely a good amount for a shooter, there's more modes coming like Splat Zones (locked behind mass level 10 barrier); Tower Control and Rainmaker, private lobbies are confirmed for August, etc. The main huge question that no one knows the answer to is simply whether Smash will kill Splatoon's activity given that Lucas, Miiverse stage, tournaments and more is coming in June.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DoctorOverbuild

@ELI-ASH Haha I played some fun games with you yesterday! My name was Rory btw

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Allx360 wrote:

If you were to design a Splatoon Sequel what would you add? I would add more local multiplayer modes like 2v2 turf war or a endless wave mode, I would add more colors of Ink and maybe add a gun game style of mode but with a twist.

• an 8 hour single player mode with open areas instead of obstacle courses.
  • horde mode
  • two player campaign.
  • the ability to play with two local players online.
  • 4 player local multiplayer
  • no two maps at a time rotation
  • add voice chat with friends only. I don't want that crap with randoms, but with friends sure.
  • More customization options for inkling faces.
  • keeping weapons in sets is a great idea , and should stay. It helps to keep the game balanced.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

To anyone complaining about features, have you played the FULL game yet? Also, did you enjoy mario kart 8? Because if you thought mario kart had enough content, then you should think Splatoon has enough too. Its the Mario kart version of a shooter. That's pretty much it. Same amount of content. I'm tired of people complaining about it. No voice chat sucks, I agree. But complaining about content? Please. Its coming, and it's free. And the base game is awesome enough already. Just chill out.

You're just looking for excuses not to buy it. I'm sorry, I don't want to offend anyone, but I just had to speak my mind. Again, sorry.

I disagree with the comparison to Mario Kart 8 mainly because of the way it deals with online compared with Splatoon. I'm not saying Mario Kart 8 is perfect because there is one flaw which is a large nuisance for many fans of the older games (SNES, N64 particularly), namely the nonexistence of a proper battle mode which maybe they'll fix in the future but currently it doesn't look likely.

Splatoon's issues will be resolved over the coming months, the Direct confirms 9 more maps coming including the 4 in the Prima guide of which 14 maps is definitely a good amount for a shooter, there's more modes coming like Splat Zones (locked behind mass level 10 barrier); Tower Control and Rainmaker, private lobbies are confirmed for August, etc. The main huge question that no one knows the answer to is simply whether Smash will kill Splatoon's activity given that Lucas, Miiverse stage, tournaments and more is coming in June.

Good point. Also, I doubt smash will kill Splatoon. Its one character, and one stage. I doubt that will last that long. I played around with Mewtwo for like one night, and then I never touched him again. Now I only play smash when my family wants to play. It's still a great game, but one character (one that we've already had by the way) and a stage won't kill Splatoon. In fact, I doubt any smash dlc will kill splatoon's online. Unless they release a huge dlc pack with like 5 characters and 10 stages, Splatoon will do just fine. And even then, I'm sure people will quickly get their smash fix, and then come right back.

Also, does anyone else think they missed a great chance to add amiibo inspired clothes to Splatoon? Like, by scanning Samus you would get an 8-bit metroid shirt? I swear I thought that's what they would do.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

DoctorOverbuild

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Good point. Also, I doubt smash will kill Splatoon. Its one character, and one stage. I doubt that will last that long. I played around with Mewtwo for like one night, and then I never touched him again. Now I only play smash when my family wants to play. It's still a great game, but one character (one that we've already had by the way) and a stage won't kill Splatoon. In fact, I doubt any smash dlc will kill splatoon's online. Unless they release a huge dlc pack with like 5 characters and 10 stages, Splatoon will do just fine. And even then, I'm sure people will quickly get their smash fix, and then come right back.

Also, does anyone else think they missed a great chance to add amiibo inspired clothes to Splatoon? Like, by scanning Samus you would get an 8-bit metroid shirt? I swear I thought that's what they would do.

Yeah I thought they'd do something with other amiibo I'd love a pacman retro shirt!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I think other amiibo support will come later, Mario Kart 8 shows that other amiibo functionality can be added in later via a game update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

I'm really enjoying the game so far. My Inkling girl won't show up until Thursday, though.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

rjejr

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

When me and @Undead_Terror are on the same team online in Splatoon!

Untitled And we're the good guys btw

Is that a Home button screen grab? Had a match like that yesterday and pressed the Home button but it wouldn't let me. Funny thing was I knew in advance it would be like that. Was playing for about 30 minutes w/ 2 other good players, whichever team had 2 of us always won. All 3 of us popped up on 1 base and I immediately knew it was over.

Bad part was I had a fairly low personal score as once we covered the entire filed in about 30 seconds the other team was never able to get off off it's base. We just all stood there destroying them once they respawned. It actually wasn't all that fun after the first minute.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

SheldonRandoms

@rjejr Nah, that was a "I quickly took out my ipod touch (4th gen.......explains why : P) and took a rushed but viewable picture"

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Xyphon22

I am at level 4, and I just had a match where my teammates were levels 7, 8, and 13. The entire other team was above 15 with two of them above 20. I wish it would do a better job at assigning the teams so it would be more fair. We just got absolutely creamed.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Octane

I got to level 8 this weekend. I have to say, people are way more skilled than they were during the testfire, where I easily ranked first most of the time.

Octane

FireEmblem

The aerosplatter is pretty OP lol

FireEmblem

BurningSonic

I had a team were they all left to kill the other team and I was the only one painting our side.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Undead_terror

BurningSonic wrote:

I had a team were they all left to kill the other team and I was the only one painting our side.

Same happens with me a few times, it's not a bad strategy, get someone to paint all the turf near your base while the rest fight off the other team and get some paint near their base.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic