Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 221 to 240 of 14,636

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

THE SINGLEPLAYER MODE ACTUALLY LOOKS DECENT!!!

I was gonna say "fun and varied, unlike most shooters these day", but that works too.

Inkling wrote:

WHY Q2?

...cuz it needs more time?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

Inkling wrote:

WHY Q2?

Cause that is sooner than Q4 2015

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

I would have been upset about the later release if they hadn't shown that trailer. But if the single player mode is as good as it looks? I get it, they need more time on it. I'm ok with waiting.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

skywake wrote:

I would have been upset about the later release if they hadn't shown that trailer. But if the single player mode is as good as it looks? I get it, they need more time on it. I'm ok with waiting.

technically, they said it would come out in the first half of the year and it still is.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

Q2 2015 is April/May/June (if we're going by calender year), which is exactly what I expected. May 2015, calling it now. I think Splatoon and Zelda will be Nintendo's marketing pillars next year like Kart and Smash were this year.

Also, that trailer was fantastic. The singleplayer campaign looks great.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

This game just gets weirder and weirder, those octopus robot thingies are freaky as anything. But I am liking how they use the gameplay elements in single player, definitely shaping up to be one of the most innovative games this gen.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

I honestly think Splatoon will slip back to September

kkslider5552000

DefHalan wrote:

I kinda doubt it, it seems to be Nintendo's big game for the first half of the year, I don't think they can afford that.

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I kinda doubt it, it seems to be Nintendo's big game for the first half of the year, I don't think they can afford that.

I also expect Yoshi Wooly World to come out in Q2, the E3 demo was pretty polished

Bolt_Strike

Sounds like it's going to be a May release.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

DefHalan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I also expect Yoshi Wooly World to come out in Q2, the E3 demo was pretty polished

Yoshi is probably a March title. Was expecting Yoshi to show up in the Direct with a trailer and a February/March release. Kirby launching in February took me by surprise - honestly was thinking it would be an August/September release.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CanisWolfred

Bolt_Strike wrote:

This game just gets weirder and weirder, those octopus robot thingies are freaky as anything. But I am liking how they use the gameplay elements in single player, definitely shaping up to be one of the most innovative games this gen.

...they don't look freakier than anything I've seen from most cartoons in the past 20 years...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

IceClimbers wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yoshi is probably a March title. Was expecting Yoshi to show up in the Direct with a trailer and a February/March release. Kirby launching in February took me by surprise - honestly was thinking it would be an August/September release.

Kirby release date didn't surprise me, the fact it is going to be a retail release did lol

cookiex

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Sounds like it's going to be a May release.

As I said in the general discussion thread, I'm calling a late May release right now.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Bolt_Strike

Also, I'm curious about who that cyborg octopus girl is (she appears for a split second both at 0:37 and 1:29), she sounds like an important character.

EDIT: I have a feeling that she's some kind of Metal Sonic-esque rival character.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

skywake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

technically, they said it would come out in the first half of the year and it still is.

oops, I don't know how I got confused. I remembered the game being for the first half of 2015 so when they said "Q2" I instantly thought it had moved to the second HALF of 2015. So I was saying I was ok with "the delay" in that context. If it's not delayed? Well that's even better

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

DefHalan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Maybe, but I dunno. I think Splatoon's mix of originality and the novelty of being a kid-friendly online shooter made by Nintendo has a real chance of grabbing people's attention, whereas no matter how beautiful or great it is, Yoshi's Wooly World will just be considered another great 2D platformer. Doubt it'll be a big console seller. especially after NSMBU and DKC:TF are already out.

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Maybe, but I dunno. I think Splatoon's mix of originality and the novelty of being a kid-friendly online shooter made by Nintendo has a real chance of grabbing people's attention, whereas no matter how beautiful or great it is, Yoshi's Wooly World will just be considered another great 2D platformer. Doubt it'll be a big console seller. especially after NSMBU and DKC:TF are already out.

Part of the reason I would expect Splatoon to come out closer to the holiday season and Yoshi to come out during the first half of the year

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic