Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,221 to 11,240 of 14,636

DreamyViridi

I actually haven't ran into too many newbie squids in Turf Wars. A lot in the plaza though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

veeflames

> Comes into thread
> Reads recent posts
> Runs over to the Wii U to play Splatoon

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LzWinky

"We fixed the matchmaking"

My first match ranged from Lvl 3 to Lvl 50. Okay update

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

> Then somewhat regrets that decision later
Anyone up for a twin squad?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DreamyViridi

Well, they have to go somewhere...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

I'm half way through to A+ rank. Although I don't have most of your NNIDs yet, anyone up for squads?

My NNID is GrumbleVolcano.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shani

@Grumblevolcano: Yeah I can confirm that. Although I only saw them on the plaza, haven't played much TW. And of course there were no newbies in Ranked. It's really great to see a swoop of new players coming in.
@yokokazuo: Haha, I love these comics. As always, thanks for translating.
@shinesprite: No problem, I can totally understand that because there are so many sites and different specifications (even those that I linked are a bit contradictive). But yeah, as @jariw wrote, that video is outdated. Several balance updates also changed the values.

I really gathered a lot of links since summer because at some point I was curious and wanted to know it all. So @ me if you need more infos, e.g. on the brand probabilites for the item abilities etc.
Here is another interesting one, it's a spreadsheet detailing the damage/defence values of all the weapons in combination with the damage/defence abilities. Obviously it's not up-to-date because the Sloshing Machine and Hydra Splatling are missing and I don't know if the balance updates were implemented (at least the sheet was edited after the game's release because of the Sloshers, Splatlings etc). But it gives a good indication where the damage caps are for each weapon type.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@shani the person who made that ゼルダ(Zelda) makes a lot of these Splatoon comics and often adds more in the comments. I've translated most of them on miiverse if you want to take a look.

yokokazuo wrote:

Merry Squidmas everyone!

Panel 1
Squid Santa Claus: This house has a thin chimney...
But that's okay...

Panel 2
Santa Claus: Because I'm a squid after all!

Panel 3
Inkling girl: There seems to be a pleasant smelling aroma just now...

Untitled

Panel 1
Santa: "HOT!"

Panel 2
Inkling: "Santa!"

Panel 3
Sploosh (I don't know much Japanese onomatopoeia, but I'm pretty sure the sound is the water hitting him)
Inkling: "Ah..."
[bottom right]
Christmas is over

Untitled

Panel 1
Inkling: "Wh- What should I do?"

Panel 3
Inkling: "Merry Christmas!"

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@shani ah, I meant Zelda's page since I post in her comments.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

SheldonRandoms

Since I was a naughty inkling for the Squidmas season, that means all I get this year is to play more turf wars and ranked battles!

....I'm too much!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

n00bfux0r420

There's actually a new hacker. The hackers IGN is "cheyenne". I hope this hacker get 0wn3d and banned from the online commuinty.

n00bfux0r420

ELI-ASH

I watched NWplayer123 stream the other day playing as an Octoling but he made sure to leave after every match to avoid that save glitch than can happen to other players

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

shani

@ELI-ASH: Didn't they already fix that problem in one of the previous updates? [EDIT: No, apparently not. I couldn't find it in any of the patch notes. ]

Anyway, I think back then everyone made a mountain out of a molehill. Sure, there were a few rare cases where people's savegames were corrupted (it happened to someone in this thread too), but everyone was just panicking for nothing. It was extremely unlikely to encounter an Octoling and there was also a workaround: Don't leave the game before the Octoling leaves your game.
As a precaution I made a backup of my savegames (not just Splatoon, but every game) on a separate USB stick and then didn't care about the Octolings at all. I never even once spotted one.

And BTW, as I just found out through Google when I was looking for the [EDIT: nonexistent] patch that fixed this, that you don't even need to hack the game at all (I won't post it here and I certainly won't try it out, but it was one of the first Google results...). Apparently you only have to edit one digit in the save file, no hacking involved. Google is full of false entries calling it an "Octoling Hack" or "a hacker who played as an Octoling" which is just wrong. Most people still don't seem to grasp what "hacking" means and we're already living in the year 2015!

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

@shani: im only speculating that was the reason also all players on nw side were Octolings (unless thats just his perspective ) thats different from the other report of just 1 random Octoling online

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

shani

@ELI-ASH: I just googled his nickname and found this video were he was just showcasing it in a 1on1 private battle (that video is from the other person's point of view). Then I found his twitch profile and he actually seems to be playing as an Octoling all the time, even in ranked battles.

And it's definitely not his perspective, he would see them as Inklings if they were Inklings (according to that youtube video). I wonder if it still has a damaging effect if everyone on the map is an Octoling? Also, if he is playing as an Octoling regularly, does this mean the issue got fixed? Or does he screw up the savegames of everyone he plays against (and who leaves before he does)? That would be extremely cruel and hard to imagine.

I never got what the fuss is about. Sure, the Octolings look cool, but it doesn't matter because you don't watch your Inkling/Octoling in the heat of battle anyway. It's totally unnecessary, I wish this never became an issue in the first place.

Edited on by shani

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic