Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,201 to 11,220 of 14,636

TheXReturns

How about a Recon ability that occasionally flashes where the enemy are for a few seconds? Like maybe once per minute, for a few seconds? It wouldn't be broken, but it would make it better.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Nicolai

DreamyViridi wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

yes recon is also trash probably about equally bad (definitely when talking about solo queue).

Speaking of Recon, I visited a friend of mine for another gaming session the other day and we talked about how that ability could be better. I suggested that Recon's effect would work for the whole team instead of just yourself. Essentially, an Echolocator effect (without the circles surrounding the enemy) while standing on the point.
That way, an Inkling could act as a scout. They'd reveal the other teams' positions, at the cost of not being able to fight alongside teammates. That said, the ability would potentially change from useless to OP/broken... but we agreed that it'd be cool if it worked something like that.

It could be balanced if, say, it wouldn't activate until you were standing at the base for at least 3 or 4 seconds. Then again, it would be kinda boring to be the teammate that sits around on the base all day long.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Gabe96

Hey i am pretty good at splatoon can you guys add me gabegab15

Gabe96

shani

Man, how many pages have I missed? XCX really takes up your time. ^^
I have played a bit of Splatoon in between recently, but usually not for long...

Iggly wrote:

@Jazzer94 It only takes one death to get the benefits of Comeback, but I get what you're saying. Though I personally just like using the ability especially in Random Ranked since if your teammates won't back you up when you're on the Tower or have the Rainmaker, you'll at least have the benefits of getting stat boosts when you respawn.

Then I'd rather prefer Special Saver (unless you don't want to use your special often). Comeback lasts only for 20 seconds, that's nothing if you have to travel the way without a Superjump (and even with a Superjump, 20 seconds aren't long).

Nicolai wrote:

It would be amazing if, in addition to that, they released a few free chapters of single-player as an epilogue, explaining how Octolings ink-vaded (sorry) Inkopolis, and how they made peace and got invited for friendly Turf War. It would be nice to play a single-player stage that's challenging. We can dream, can't we?

That would be awesome!

Jazzer94 wrote:

trying to get 4 of at least one stacked as 4 sub's = 1 main.

As far as I know - at least with some abilities that don't diminish that much - three subs already should equal one main.

Nicolai wrote:

It could be balanced if, say, it wouldn't activate until you were standing at the base for at least 3 or 4 seconds. Then again, it would be kinda boring to be the teammate that sits around on the base all day long.

Yeah, that's probably why they didn't to it. I also find recon kinda useless in its current state...

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TheXReturns

Yeah, it's three Subs to a main.

Also, @Shani I've just been going for broke flat out on Xenoblade. I have 26% of Mira surveyed, and I haven't touched most of Cauldros. As you've been doing an awful lot more affinity missions than me, I reckon you'll have a much higher completion rate than me...

X is so fun. XD

But, only two days before I come back to Splatoon. Hopefully...

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

shani

@TheXReturns: Yeah I really played tons of affinity missions, normal missions and basic missions. But it seems like an endless stream, they just keep coming. I don't really have a clue how much of all those side missions I have completed in total (maybe I should look it up at IGN etc...), but they tell a lot about NLA and Mira and how living there must feel, especially the affinity missions. I sometimes feel like those tell you more about what's important than the actual story missions (I'm at chapter 7).
Many normal and basic missions were done without even having to do them because I already had gathered the items before while doing some other task. ^^ Other times I just had to gather the remaining things. And just recently I bought a few from the BLADE console because I was too lazy.

I got 29,8% of Noctilum, 29,6% of Primordia, 31,5% of Oblivia and 1,5% of Sylvalum. Oh, and apparently 16,44% of NLA. And I'm lvl28.
With 50 hours of playtime, I feel like I achieved a lot already. DaGreen for example has played it about twice as long, he's lvl43 (may be higher now) and I think at story chapter 9.

How much of the collectopedia have you cleared already?

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shinesprite

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Iggly: Wasn't really saying run 2 main swim ups though, if I was making a set for Jr it would be Swim up, cold blooded and probably ink resist for mains with either some attack up, ink recovery up, or swim/ run up as sub's trying to get 4 of at least one stacked as 4 sub's = 1 main.
Also Squad anyone?

I'm pretty sure that, according to the game's official strategy guide at launch, each duplicate sub stat boost is half as effective as the last (per piece of gear).

I'm also pretty sure that the impact of the subs starts as follows: Main Sub ~ 25%+, Lesser Sub ~ 8.333%

Edit: Okay I've found the definitive video guide.

I hope that cleans things up a bit!

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

shani

Jazzer94 wrote:

The guide isn't super accurate.

Yeah that's the problem, the numbers from the guide are more like a reference value.

Try these, but maybe you should look in the actual wiki articles for the individual abilities:

http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Ability
http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Ability
Although their numbers contradict each other...

Also, regarding diminishing/not diminishing returns, although it's not entirely clear there, you can better find that out in the wikis.

Or just try the Splatoon Calculator, an extremely useful page which shows you the exact percentages of your gear (or some gear that you don't have yet). It even lists which items have the abilities you're looking for.

Edited on by shani

jariw

@shinesprite: That video is pretty old (from the launch week of Splatoon). Since then, I believe data miners such as NWPlayer123 have uncovered the exact numbers for both gear and weapons.

jariw

yokokazuo

Merry Squidmas everyone!

Panel 1
Squid Santa Claus: This house has a thin chimney...
But that's okay...

Panel 2
Santa Claus: Because I'm a squid after all!

Panel 3
Inkling girl: There seems to be a pleasant smelling aroma just now...

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

veeflames

Anyone up for a Twin Squad?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ELI-ASH

Heres my splattershot Jr. run in rank today.only 2 hours then my stream messup not sure why it does that. I went from C- to B- in about 3 hours or so. My gear was 1 movement speed up 1 quick respawn and 1 special charge up.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Grumblevolcano

I've been noticing a significant number of new players in the plaza when loading up Splatoon, looks like plenty of people got this game for Christmas!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I've been noticing a significant number of new players in the plaza when loading up Splatoon, looks like plenty of people got this game for Christmas!

Playing Turf War now is a strange experience. It's almost impossible to get a match without level 4-6 players. (Although some of them are actually fairly good.)

Edited on by jariw

jariw

ELI-ASH

Rank too ,zones was too easy im almost A- on my alt

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

LzWinky

Okay, let's welcome the new players by slaughtering them all!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic