Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,096

Offspring

nacho_chicken wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Well as a Fire Emblem fan, it makes me want to jump off a bridge. This was my most wanted game behind Zelda U and it looks nothing like FE.

Honestly, what plot did you expect? Literal universe crossovers make for generally awful original stories filled with nothing but fanservice references to the source. See: Super Robot Wars and Project X Zone
The best crossover stories happen when the individual parts are united by a common thread, like Kingdom Hearts.

I actually don't know what I expected but it wasn't this. I know crossovers usually have bad or goofy stories (I've been playing Hyrule Warriors like a mad man) but the enjoyment comes from the awesome fanservice. The only thing that will convince me to buy this game is if I can play as Ike.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Ralizah

The problem is, people build up this big image of what a game will look like in their heads, then get upset when it doesn't match that image. This looks more like an actual game and less like FE/SMT fanservice.

The game looks very nice. Kind of like Persona, but different.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

crimsoncavalier

nacho_chicken wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Also, I'm big on anime, so that isn't the issue either. It just looked ... bad.

I really don't understand. It looks about the same graphically as the Persona 5 trailer released not long ago.

The anime cutscenes (I'm assuming they're cutscenes) looked fine. I like the anime style, so that's not the issue I have.

It was (what I'm assuming was...) the actual gameplay. It looked dated and like it belonged on the eShop, not as a full Wii U release.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

bluemage1989

This looks appalling. I wish we were getting a Fire Emblem game on the WiiU that did the series justice.

bluemage1989

DefHalan

Looks good, peaked my interest but I would like to see gameplay.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

nacho_chicken

crimsoncavalier wrote:

It was (what I'm assuming was...) the actual gameplay. It looked dated and like it belonged on the eShop, not as a full Wii U release.

The closest thing to gameplay we saw in the trailer was walking around with HP/SP indicators on the right.
Unless you count those summon animations as gameplay.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Jazzer94

This feels like the Wii Us equivalent of Persona 5 which for me is a good thing.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Ash_Anne

Jazzer94 wrote:

This feels like the Wii Us equivalent of Persona 5 which for me is a good thing.

I kind of felt the same way when I was watching the Direct. I'm really happy with it from what I saw! I can't wait. Did they give us a date or an estimate?

3DS Friend code: 1203-9222-1363
Twitter: Ash_Hose

Spoony_Tech

I'm happy with this as we are getting another Fire Emblem anyways. Who really needs 2 of the same game so close together. Besides I doubt the Wii U version If it was traditional would look that much different then the 3ds version.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

komodo182

I feel insulted that fire emblem is in the title of this game judging by the trailer. Hopefully that changes. Fire Emblem was my main reason for buying a 3ds and one of the reasons I bought a wii u.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

CaviarMeths

komodo182 wrote:

I feel insulted that fire emblem is in the title of this game judging by the trailer. Hopefully that changes. Fire Emblem was my main reason for buying a 3ds and one of the reasons I bought a wii u.

You're not paranoid. Nintendo asked Atlus to make sure this game personally insults you.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

I'm sure the Fire Emblem fans expecting this to have thing one to do with Fire Emblem will be incredibly disappointed. But I don't care. It's an Atlus RPG on a console, I can't not be excited. Plus, it looks great, and the trailer seemed to focus on the female character, so I'm wondering if it'll have a female protagonist? The series ironically doesn't have many of those, not even as an option (like, just P3P and P2:EP, I'm pretty sure).

I'd love to know more about what the gameplay systems will be, though. We only know that it'll be a turn-based, traditional RPG, and that's from an interview in 2013. Plans may have changed slightly since then...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

komodo182

CaviarMeths wrote:

komodo182 wrote:

You're not paranoid. Nintendo asked Atlus to make sure this game personally insults you.

Glad its not just me. Sigh of relief

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Jazzer94

Ash_Anne wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I kind of felt the same way when I was watching the Direct. I'm really happy with it from what I saw! I can't wait. Did they give us a date or an estimate?

@Ash_Anne Only 2016 unfortunately.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Sleepingmudkip

I am shocked that people are saying this looks like a 3Ds game or it belongs on the E-Shop. I seriously dont see it....

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I am shocked that people are saying this looks like a 3Ds game or it belongs on the E-Shop. I seriously dont see it....

Judging from what I know of the ones who are saying it, I'm fairly certain they need new eyes.

I mean seriously, look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

And look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA

And tell me it looks like a 3DS game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

I thought it looked a little rough in the stream, but then I watched the trailer on the eShop and the quality is much better.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

whodatninja

This game looks BEAUTIFUL. It makes up for the fact that the Wii or Wii U haven't had a single Persona game

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Mikes

You know, this game looks promising. I already want more information. My patience was partially lost and now I'm eager. I hope they show it again at E3 or something. Perhaps that'd be a good time to show more on what the battles are like.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Sleepingmudkip

Even people in the IGN comments are praising this game.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.