Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,096

kkslider5552000

As someone who is not super into either Fire Emblem nor the last main SMT title, this was probably the best way to go about it. By being nothing like either. I approve.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Offspring

nacho_chicken wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

I don't like what I saw; it looks like a dating sim and the music was awful.

That reaction means it's exactly like Persona.

Excellent.

Well as a Fire Emblem fan, it makes me want to jump off a bridge. This was my most wanted game behind Zelda U and it looks nothing like FE.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Caryslan

BieberBlows wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Excellent.

Well as a Fire Emblem fan, it makes me want to jump off a bridge. This was my most wanted game behind Zelda U and it looks nothing like FE.

Yeah, that's kinda my problem with it. It just looks like nothing was drawn from Fire Emblem besides the main characters. And it just looks strange to see Fire Emblem characters in a modern setting like this.

Caryslan

Sleepingmudkip

I dont think the game looks awful. In my opinion this looks better then alot of wii U games.The persona aspect also gets me more hyped. For real alot of people are judging based off a less then two minute video.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Wow, it sounds like Wind Waker in hear all over again! I won't play that game because it doesn't look like the Zelda I want. And yet it's my favorite Zelda!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MsJubilee

BieberBlows wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Excellent.

Or like SMT, it's like 95 percent Persona 5 percent of something.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Mikes

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I dont think the game looks awful. In my opinion this looks better then alot of wii U games.The persona aspect also gets me more hyped. For real alot of people are judging based off a less then two minute video.

Yeah. That's kinda why I'm just holding my breath. I'll probably end up liking it more than I think I will. Besides, it's not like we really know the story or very much at all, really.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Sleepingmudkip

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Wow, it sounds like Wind Waker in hear all over again! I won't play that game because it doesn't look like the Zelda I want. And yet it's my favorite Zelda!

Exactly what i was thinking

nacho_chicken

BieberBlows wrote:

From what I'm seeing, those that were more excited for the FE part were pretty disappointed.
Honestly, what plot did you expect? Literal universe crossovers make for generally awful original stories filled with nothing but fanservice references to the source. See: Super Robot Wars and Project X Zone
The best crossover stories happen when the individual parts are united by a common thread, like Kingdom Hearts.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

CaviarMeths

I think it's telling that the two logos shown before the trailer were Atlus and Nintendo. No IntSys logo.

This is clearly Atlus's game, so of course it more closely resembles SMT than FE.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Caryslan

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think it's telling that the two logos shown before the trailer were Atlus and Nintendo. No IntSys logo.

This is clearly Atlus's game, so of course it more closely resembles SMT than FE.

I think I read that the development teams were having a dispute. Maybe Nintendo took Intelligent Systems off the series and had Atlus be the single developer of the game.

Caryslan

cookiex

Caryslan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think I read that the development teams were having a dispute. Maybe Nintendo took Intelligent Systems off the series and had Atlus be the single developer of the game.

Was it the same 4chan rumor that claimed the game had been canned by perchance?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

crimsoncavalier

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm not upset over art style. I'm not upset because it doesn't look more like one or the other franchise. We know nothing of the gameplay or anything. I'm upset it really took me a second to remember it was a Wii U game, because it looks like @$$. And I'm the furthest thing from a graphics junkie. It looked terrible.

Also, I'm big on anime, so that isn't the issue either. It just looked ... bad.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Caryslan

cookiex wrote:

Caryslan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

No idea. I think I read it here and on Gamespot.

Caryslan

cookiex

Caryslan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Caryslan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

No idea. I think I read it here and on Gamespot.

If you read this:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/rumour_has_shin_mega...

That was the 4chan rumor.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

nacho_chicken

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I really don't understand. It looks about the same graphically as the Persona 5 trailer released not long ago.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

iKhan

This looked pretty cool.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

nacho_chicken wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I really don't understand. It looks about the same graphically as the Persona 5 trailer released not long ago.

I had the exact same thought. It looks like a good HD anime-ish looking game. Maybe not the best of that type, but it looks fine.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sleepingmudkip

The graphics or style didnt look bad....At least to me, I thought they were great! but then again im the person who cant see the difference between 720p and 1080p

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.