Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,096

Spoony_Tech

I still think this game will have a little traction in sales. Maybe another 50k to get to that 100k mark because there's nothing else. Plus once it starts going on sale a lot of people will jump on it. I'm also sure there's some digital sales there to numb that slightly.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@DiscoGentleman once you class change, you can use/make all the new carnages available even if you switch classes.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@DiscoGentleman haha, for the classes it is kind of based off of my favourite FE classes.
With Navarre I have him as a sword master and also focused on getting as much skill as possible and even got over 100 now so almost every hit is a critical.
While I prefer berserkers, I went with a general for Draug to get as much defence as possible.
Virion gets a Special Performance when class changed to an assassin, but it works better with more skill so I change him to a sniper afterwards.
I don't quite remember what I did for Tharja, but I'm guessing it was whichever one has more magic.
A dark knight can give Cain more magic, but I decided to focus more on attack so I went with a paladin.
Went kind of the opposite with Caeda since she is mainly my healer so I made her a Falcon Knight.
As for Chrom, I don't remember for sure not exactly what each class specializes in, but I believe that I went with a Great Lord.
This is based on my Japanese playthrough since I have been playing several other games a lot recently. Currently near the end of Chapter 4. I guess I mainly like to focus on a certain stat with most characters.

By asking how I set them up, do you mean accessories?
I mainly chose ones that supported their class such as more skill for Yashiro and more defence for Mamori.

yokokazuo

MsJubilee

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

I'd call that a failure, not a complete one but still a failure. But then there's mitigating factors like it being niche, had no promotion, limited install base, the censorship backlash, etc.

Sold better than Star Fox Zero that's for sure.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kkslider5552000

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

I'd call that a failure, not a complete one but still a failure. But then there's mitigating factors like it being niche, had no promotion, limited install base,etc.

amended to reflect things that would actually affect sales : 3333

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SLIGEACH_EIRE

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

I'd call that a failure, not a complete one but still a failure. But then there's mitigating factors like it being niche, had no promotion, limited install base,etc.

amended to reflect things that would actually affect sales : 3333

You don't think some people didn't buy this game because of the needless censorship?

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

bitleman

@SLIGEACH_EIRE No, not at all. Counter examples: Fire Emblem Fates, Star Ocean 5, Street Fighter 5. People complaining about censorship are the same who complain about region locking. They are very vocal on the internet but in real life they're a very tiny group and have no effect on anything.

bitleman

CanisWolfred

bitleman wrote:

@SLIGEACH_EIRE No, not at all. Counter examples: Fire Emblem Fates, Star Ocean 5, Street Fighter 5. People complaining about censorship are the same who complain about region locking. They are very vocal on the internet but in real life they're a very tiny group and have no effect on anything.

To be fair, the censorship in those games were paultry in comparison to any real problems those games exhibited: Fire Emblem Fates was split up into multiple versions purely as a marketing scheme, Star Ocean 5 was a pretentious and underfunded disaster (just like entire rest of the series has been since day one), and Street Fighter 5 was released with hardly any content at launch, while selling itself entirely on promises for the future, including a promise that all the important content will be added for free, rather than making people fork over $40 for a Super Street Fighter 5 like every other fighting game (Street Fighter included).

At least, that's just getting into surface-level things that people could see before these games were out.

People don't usually have much to complain about with Atlus games. This one, on the otherhand, had two things to complain about - the other being how silly it looked in comparison to the series it was supposedly drawing inspiration from. That's way more negatives than Atlus fans are used to, so some of them were actually quite put off.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Hate to agree, but @bitleman is right. Censorship does very little to affect sales one way or another. The game might sell a few hundred less copies at most.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CM30

I think censorship may have had a bigger effect here, cause the game was aimed at a niche audience to begin with. I mean, like it or not, Fire Emblem is mainstream now. It has millions of fans who are pretty much going to buy whatever the next game is regardless of what it does or what changes are made.

This game didn't. Worse still, it's also the type of game that's aimed at the type of 'otaku' audience that might mind censorship a lot more than the average consumer.

So yeah, I think censorship did have some effect here.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

mjharper

I'm loving this game so far, but wish there was a better way to configure the session system. The session system is great and makes battles a lot of fun with combos and duos and such, but it also feels way too automatic - I would like to have a way to test or simulate battle situations. For example, I'd like to know what happens in a session following a spear attack by Touma now that I've swapped one of Tsubasa's session attacks. There's a lot of guesswork that happens when swapping a session attack for a new one, and I'd like to see that dealt with in a potential sequel.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Smash_kirby

I would be more than willing to buy this game second time if it came to the New 3DS. Granted a lot of UI changes would need to take place. I have been loving if so far but I think that subtitles during battle are desperately needed.

Smash_kirby

Rapido

@mjharper Same here. Though from what I observed, The characters in party are the priority for the succeeding sessions and then the sub-cast.

Also, Looks like you don't have to own every session for every attack type (lance, fire, ice etc). Some of the characters will only have sessions for two type of attacks (EX level) they will still put up a complete set of sessions for enemies whose reflect, resist does not interfere with the session.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

SLIGEACH_EIRE

There you go. Sold Out long before the deal ended. I hope some of ye managed to grab the deal.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Tobiaku

Question:
I finished my first playthrough today, and started again.
So I accepted this sidequest that was not in my first playtrough. Is it possible to do multiple sidequests at once, or are I stuck in this untill its finished?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

mjharper

The one side quest I know of that is only part of New Game+ is not one involving one of the main characters, so you should be able to do other side quests in addition to that one. You can also always cancel a character side quest you're in by agreeing to a new one or using the PC in Fortuna Office.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Tobiaku

Thanks ^_^
Your right, I got it from a monster. Never took two sidequests from diffrent characters at the same time in my first playtrough, so did not know it was possible

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

yokokazuo

@tobibra yeah so with the main cast, they have side stories which can only be done one at a time (but cancelled). Requests on the other hand can be received from many people/mirages and there isn't a limit to how many can be open at one time.

yokokazuo

shingi_70

Just started playing this a few years ago, man this is great so far.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.