Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,096

yokokazuo

shingi_70 wrote:

Just started playing this a few years ago, man this is great so far.

Um... I'm assuming you mean days or weeks?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Luna_110

I've seen a lot of talk on other forums of people wanting TMS ported to Switch. While I love the game, I was under the impression it was doing badly here on the west due to the idol themes and all the censorship complaining.
I think that while porting it may allow a wider audience than the Wii U's 13 million owners to try it, but since it is a niche game, I doubt it would really recover the costs of porting.

So what about you? Would you like that TMS gets a second chance on the Switch?

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

CanisWolfred

No. Because I don't want to buy it again, and I don't think there's anything they could do to improve it, outside of updating the localization, and its far too late for that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

yokokazuo

@Luna_110 assuming the Switch does really well, I would love to see it come to it. I don't really know if it would be successful though. I'm sure that many Fire Emblem fans didn't really want it due to how it turned out (even though I personally enjoyed all of the Fire Emblem mechanics and references in it). Maybe if there was a demo out that was promoted a lot so many people could try it then there would be more purchases, but I'm not sure. I think the Fire Emblem aspects would have to be emphasized more perhaps, but I remember seeing most of that in some of the advertisements in NA too.
As for if I would buy it again, probably not. I already have the special edition which was $120 CAD and I also got the Japanese version at launch so I wouldn't really want to buy it a third time.

yokokazuo

mjharper

I loved the gameplay of this game, but I agree, I wouldn't want a port or Director's Cut. I would prefer a sequel, maybe using a different "sharp" theme, like "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #Zelda."

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

CanisWolfred

Or, you know, a sequel that doesn't get advertised as being a part of a series that in actuality it has next to nothing to do with? That'd be the ideal situation, IMO.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grandpa_Pixel

We have to remember here guys that this isn't Nintendo who developed the game it was Atlus. Atlus have always been an odd developer as you never know what they will do next. However I could see either Persona 5 or Tokyo Mirage Sessions being ported to the Switch for them to test out the Switch's power and capability.

If anything, TMS is more likely because they are more familiar with the Nintendo way of thinking.

Grandpa_Pixel

Aqueous

I wouldn't mind a Switch port of TMS. Though they'd almost have to add another playable character or something I suppose.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Grandpa_Pixel

Aqueous wrote:

I wouldn't mind a Switch port of TMS. Though they'd almost have to add another playable character or something I suppose.

We all know which anime loving guy we want as a playable character...

Grandpa_Pixel

jump

I'd rather have the original SMT meets Fire Emblem crossover game as promised.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SKTTR

Even though TMS#FE is one of Wii U's highlights it will move into obscurity if they don't give it a second chance. Being ported as one of the first games on the Switch, instead of being one of the last and totally overlooked games on the Wii U would certainly do this title a lot better.

But what can I say, I haven't gotten it on Wii U (it was always on my radar but I had enough games to play at the time) and now the Switch came out unexpectedly soon, and that's where I'd want to buy it on because it's a lot easier for me to pay 59,99 for a cartridge as opposed to a disc or download.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

That's my prefered media. Stability, longevity, practicability, and even the size they're now.
Waking the collector in me again.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

NEStalgia

@SKTTR Personally this game is one of the best JRPGs I've ever played. It's not the longest, it's not the most challenging, and it's not the most serious or interesting story, but all the elements come together so beautifully, the story is a joy, if a bit silly, the music is great, the characters are 3 dimensional, I'll always think of them as actual people,, and the combat is just really really fun. I never got bored of grinding and kind of missed it after the end.

This was my farewell game to WiiU and the game I'll always remember WiiU for.

I agree it really deserves a second chance for a larger audience, and yet, it would take time and money to do that due to having to do something with the UI that was on the second screen. Doable, but I wonder if it's worth the cost for a game that, let's face it, a subtitled game in Japanese isn't going to light any sales fires. Maybe if they did full localized voice acting it would gain more traction this time (though, while I generally am NOT one of the "I just want subbed original language because Japanese is better!") people, now that I'm used to these characters in their own voices, an english dub would just seem wrong to me. And dubbing the singing would be a problem...JPop doesn't really work in English

XBCX is the other game that cost a fortune and was very underappreciated on WiiU. That's another game that deserves a second chance.

I think these games will be resurrected at some point, but possibly not on Switch but the succeeding console. They'll still be great games after a breather with a remastered edition or some such thing.

NEStalgia

FGPackers

@NEStalgia i agree. How people "attacked" this 2 games really says a lot about modern gamers...this are 2 pure gems that i loved on Wii U and that i'm proud to have in limited edition

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

NEStalgia

@FGPackers Did people really attack XBCX? A giant open world RPG with huge dinosaurs and mechs? I thought that one played well in the general gaming scene and just sold low due to the install base.

TMS#FE...well Nintendo fans attacked it because it was Persona and not Fire Emblem, and the rest of the gaming world at large was never going to love a "weabo" game like this. Subbed Japanese and and idol culture weren't going to be a good mix outside the Nintendo base and a small part of the Sony base But for existing Atlus fans it's pure gold. I think it can get a larger audience (especially in Japan, were the RPG fans were all on 3DS, not WiiU.) And I think Switch does have that audience (judging by Disgaea 5 sales), but Atlus games short of Persona shall never be in the million sellers club.

Both games are classics in their own right though. It's such a shame they're quite as ignored as they are

And yep, I have the LE of both as well. I didn't get the LE of TMS#FE at first, being unsure of the game, loved it so much I bought the FE while playing it to get the soundtrack. Then realized it wasn't the full soundtrack so I imported THAT too

NEStalgia

yokokazuo

@NEStalgia I believe it was mainly with the localization changes when the game came to the west like being able to change the bust size and some other things like clothing options for Lin. (She could have a very revealing outfit and is more covered up in the western version)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions for one thing was because it was so different from how it was assumed to turn out as you said and there were several changes (mainly outfits and one particular part in an early chapter) in the western version too.
Personally I didn't really mind much of that (I mean, I downloaded the Japanese version and later got the special edition when it came here and there was even an extra $20 Canadian on the price after the exchange rate...)
The first actual trailer for TMS did disappoint me though since it wasn't what I was expecting or hoping for. But I got more excited for it as the Japanese launch neared and I looked more into the mirage characters like Navarre.

yokokazuo

FGPackers

@NEStalgia XCX was attacked on a lot of things: who said bad story (bad ending most of all), who said it is overwhelming at start, who said too much fetch quests, who said it is dispersive, who said text were too little when playing on the Gamepad. I really read a lot of things about this game and i don't understand any of it. As my Games Collection says for me it's a 10, no doubt about it. Same for TMS.

About LEs both were no brainers to me. Decided to pick both right from the start, obviously never regret it.

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.