Forums

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Posts 221 to 240 of 360

Sean_Aaron

Bankai wrote:

But to wish harm on a company for the sole reason that you need to wait half a year for the game? No, that is a childish response.

I'm not talking specifically about you here, but... Well, you've seen the reactions too. You should realize what I'm talking about.

What other choice do people have though? If you feel this isn't okay then rewarding the company with a sale is the wrong response, so withholding your support is the only way to say "I'm sorry, but that's really not cool."

If the threat of a boycott gets results by forcing Ubisoft to reconsider then I'd have to say "well done people," because most of the time I'll agree these kinds of campaigns (stuff like "we didn't like the ending of Mass Effect 3") are pretty silly. In this case we have what looks like a pretty legit consumer grievance and one with a more realistic (and justifiable) chance of success.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Gamesake

Bankai wrote:

Given that there are people getting so upset as to say they're going to boycott Ubisoft (and therefore essentially say they want Ubisoft to lose money and people to lose jobs) over a seven month wait for a GAME is a truly embarrassing reflection on the gaming community and gamer entitlement.

It feels more like a truly embarrassing reflection on Ubisoft's management to me. If gamers want to take their business elsewhere they should feel free to do so. The entertainment industry isn't a charity and gamers aren't beholden to anyone. If Ubisoft loses money on this game it's all on them.

...in my pants.

kkslider5552000

For me, the entire thing is "are they actually serious"? Or for my own personal biases, "will they support a different cool game?" (maybe some bonus points if it's a cool game that needs more support). If not, than they are worthless hypocrites who shall be ignored and do a lot to justify anti-used game features. If you're going to complain, I at least ask you try to do something.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FOREST_RANGER

Bankai wrote:

I would understand the anger if Ubisoft cancelled the game in preference to other platforms. I would understand the anger if Ubi put the game's release on indefinite hold.

Yes. You would understand since you're concerned about yourself and your own interests. But what about the Nintendo fans?? The fans that have empathy for Nintendo, and are now unhappy about how this makes the company looks?? The fans that were also empathetic for Ubisoft because they were huge Nintendo supporters?? The people that are just unfortunately lost in the modern world of consumerism and advertisements?? The fans who unite on this website that it's easy to be biased against anything not Nintendo?? What more were they supposed to do?? How were they supposed to react properly to this event when they lack the background knowledge to consider the possibility of a good rationale behind Ubisoft's decision?? Anger just seemed to be the natural thing to do.

Bankai wrote:

But to wish harm on a company for the sole reason that you need to wait half a year for the game? No, that is a childish response.

That is a childish response. But they are angry and obviously biased from this result. It certainly doesn't help to acknowledge the users as delinquents, THEN try to justify to them of why Ubisoft is doing this. If you really want to get to people's head of why Ubisoft had done the action, give this fiasco some time to settle. THEN, make your point in a more professional manner

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think the real reason they're angry is that for many people it was their annual game on a Nintendo system that isn't published or developed by Nintendo.

The past 2 years were Ubisoft games, I just realized (ZombiU, Rayman Origins). Fitting.

2008 and 2009 had nothing to make up for 2010 having Sonic Colors, Epic Mickey and Goldeneye btw. Well, other way around but you know what I mean.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

MAB

I think this game is more for a casual audience so it might be better to just forget about the WiiU version and let it not sell its best on the PS360... Ubi's decision will ultimately backfire no doubt

MAB

brandonbwii

This boycott stuff has to stop.

Every time this happens I disappear from forums until things calm down.

Then there are those that say they never liked said company's games anyway. Really, there are absolutely NO Ubi published games that you like? You must not play many games then, or at the very least look at the corner of a box.

Let's boycott Capcom because we don't get Resident Evil 5. Forget all the other great games they created.

Let's boycott EA despite having some good titles back in 2008.

Let's boycott Renegade Kid because I like piracy.

Really, I guess I'll be the 1st to boycott Wayfoward and Shin'en. They haven't done anything negative yet but if you could please sign this petition...

Seriously, I'm starting to see why games sell more on other platforms

End Rant

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

kkslider5552000

brandonbwii wrote:

Seriously, I'm starting to see why games sell more on other platforms

you're implying either that these boycotts ever happen or that every fandom doesn't have terrible, horrible children.

lolno

DefHalan

I know I will be getting the game no matter what. I do wish the game came out sooner but boycotting it isn't going to solve anything. By boycotting the game you won't get the game any faster and worst is you will be telling Ubisoft that you don't want the game. Why would you do that? Buy the game for WiiU, show them they should make more games for WiiU by showing them sales are good on the system. You are working against yourself by boycotting

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sean_Aaron

Boycotting a company because they don't announce a game for your platform does seem a bit silly; this seems less so.

I'm still not getting how you can send Ubisoft a message without refusing to buy the game. If you just roll over the only message being sent is that you can tell platform supporters to their face "we've made the game for your machine but we don't feel like releasing it because, well, we just don't" and they'll make some noise on Facebook and still give you a profit when you do decide to publish. How is that a good thing?

I'm not saying people have a "right" to get the game right now, but they do have a right to be a bit ticked off about this and tell Ubisoft to take their game elsewhere. There's a lot of games I'll never play just because I'm not going to buy whatever platform they exist on, so another one won't make a difference to me.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

DefHalan

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Boycotting a company because they don't announce a game for your platform does seem a bit silly; this seems less so.

I'm still not getting how you can send Ubisoft a message without refusing to buy the game. If you just roll over the only message being sent is that you can tell platform supporters to their face "we've made the game for your machine but we don't feel like releasing it because, well, we just don't" and they'll make some noise on Facebook and still give you a profit. How is that a good thing?

But they are releasing the game they are just waiting for a time they feel will maximize their profits which means most likely another game will come from it

Sean_Aaron

DefHalan wrote:

But they are releasing the game they are just waiting for a time they feel will maximize their profits which means most likely another game will come from it

You're professing a lot of faith in Ubisoft on the back of an action which would appear to suggest that faith is misplaced. I've yet to hear anyone from that company make any promises on the back of projected sales of Rayman Legends. For all we know that could be the last Ubisoft game on the Wii U...

DefHalan

Rayman origins sales were not as good as they hoped they would be. Ubisoft is placing faith in us, the consumers, to be interested in a sequel. I don't see where my faith is misplaced until Ubisoft announces the game won't be coming out for WiiU but that is such a long shot. It would be crazy for them to not release it on WiiU. I want the game and I want the WiiU features. Why should I punish them for waiting to make more money while I still get my game?

MAB

The problem is they're gonna release it at a time when more games will be out and RL will be a background sleeper amongst better software

MAB

Sean_Aaron

@DefHalan: Because by shifting this date they appear to be taking your support for granted such that they feel they can disregard a pledged first-quarter release in favour of a delay to work on porting to other platforms.

Slapshot said something interesting in the news comments. It could well be that Ubisoft is getting cold feet regarding the Wii U and tried to get Nintendo to pay them for a timed exclusive to make them feel better and this situation is the result of that tack failing and Nintendo saying "no." If so that's even more cynical...

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

DefHalan

Sean_Aaron wrote:

@DefHalan: Because by shifting this date they appear to be taking your support for granted such that they feel they can disregard a pledged first-quarter release in favour of a delay to work on porting to other platforms.

Slapshot said something interesting in the news comments. It could well be that Ubisoft is getting cold feet regarding the Wii U and tried to get Nintendo to pay them for a timed exclusive to make them feel better and this situation is the result of that tack failing and Nintendo saying "no." If so that's even more cynical...

So Ubisoft is getting cold feet about their WiiU support and your idea of "fixing" the situation is not buying the game? I am confused do you want Ubisoft to stop supporting the WiiU? If you want Ubisoft to take the WiiU more seriously, i know I do, then you need to support their games on the system

NinChocolate

@MAB I think maybe they're hedging their bets and figure the least that could happen is they garner as many sales on all platforms as now only on one recently launched one. And at most they're betting they double triple sales etc with the multi release. Possibly?

NinChocolate

Sean_Aaron

DefHalan wrote:

If you want Ubisoft to take the WiiU more seriously, i know I do, then you need to support their games on the system

This delay would appear to indicate that Ubisoft doesn't take Wii U owners seriously and frankly I don't think this system needs more publishers like that - I mean EA is enough, surely?

You do what you feel is right, but I don't tend to support companies that take the piss out of me regardless of how much I may like something they make.

MAB

@P-roy my analyst crystalloid tells me most PS360 users won't really care about Rayman that's why origins had terrible sales.

MAB

SCRAPPER392

This is no big deal, really. I guess the true fans of Rayman will buy the game now. I have a Wii U and PS3, and if I get it, I'm getting it for Wii U(duh).

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.