Wii U Forum

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Showing 221 to 240 of 366

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

221. Posted:

I think the real reason they're angry is that for many people it was their annual game on a Nintendo system that isn't published or developed by Nintendo.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

222. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

But to wish harm on a company for the sole reason that you need to wait half a year for the game? No, that is a childish response.

I'm not talking specifically about you here, but... Well, you've seen the reactions too. You should realize what I'm talking about.

What other choice do people have though? If you feel this isn't okay then rewarding the company with a sale is the wrong response, so withholding your support is the only way to say "I'm sorry, but that's really not cool."

If the threat of a boycott gets results by forcing Ubisoft to reconsider then I'd have to say "well done people," because most of the time I'll agree these kinds of campaigns (stuff like "we didn't like the ending of Mass Effect 3") are pretty silly. In this case we have what looks like a pretty legit consumer grievance and one with a more realistic (and justifiable) chance of success.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

223. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Given that there are people getting so upset as to say they're going to boycott Ubisoft (and therefore essentially say they want Ubisoft to lose money and people to lose jobs) over a seven month wait for a GAME is a truly embarrassing reflection on the gaming community and gamer entitlement.

It feels more like a truly embarrassing reflection on Ubisoft's management to me. If gamers want to take their business elsewhere they should feel free to do so. The entertainment industry isn't a charity and gamers aren't beholden to anyone. If Ubisoft loses money on this game it's all on them.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

224. Posted:

For me, the entire thing is "are they actually serious"? Or for my own personal biases, "will they support a different cool game?" (maybe some bonus points if it's a cool game that needs more support). If not, than they are worthless hypocrites who shall be ignored and do a lot to justify anti-used game features. If you're going to complain, I at least ask you try to do something.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

225. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

I would understand the anger if Ubisoft cancelled the game in preference to other platforms. I would understand the anger if Ubi put the game's release on indefinite hold.

Yes. You would understand since you're concerned about yourself and your own interests. But what about the Nintendo fans?? The fans that have empathy for Nintendo, and are now unhappy about how this makes the company looks?? The fans that were also empathetic for Ubisoft because they were huge Nintendo supporters?? The people that are just unfortunately lost in the modern world of consumerism and advertisements?? The fans who unite on this website that it's easy to be biased against anything not Nintendo?? What more were they supposed to do?? How were they supposed to react properly to this event when they lack the background knowledge to consider the possibility of a good rationale behind Ubisoft's decision?? Anger just seemed to be the natural thing to do.

Bankai wrote:

But to wish harm on a company for the sole reason that you need to wait half a year for the game? No, that is a childish response.

That is a childish response. But they are angry and obviously biased from this result. It certainly doesn't help to acknowledge the users as delinquents, THEN try to justify to them of why Ubisoft is doing this. If you really want to get to people's head of why Ubisoft had done the action, give this fiasco some time to settle. THEN, make your point in a more professional manner :P

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

226. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think the real reason they're angry is that for many people it was their annual game on a Nintendo system that isn't published or developed by Nintendo.

The past 2 years were Ubisoft games, I just realized (ZombiU, Rayman Origins). Fitting.

2008 and 2009 had nothing to make up for 2010 having Sonic Colors, Epic Mickey and Goldeneye btw. Well, other way around but you know what I mean.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

227. Posted:

I think this game is more for a casual audience so it might be better to just forget about the WiiU version and let it not sell its best on the PS360... Ubi's decision will ultimately backfire no doubt ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brandonbwii

228. Posted:

This boycott stuff has to stop.

Every time this happens I disappear from forums until things calm down.

Then there are those that say they never liked said company's games anyway. Really, there are absolutely NO Ubi published games that you like? You must not play many games then, or at the very least look at the corner of a box.

Let's boycott Capcom because we don't get Resident Evil 5. Forget all the other great games they created.

Let's boycott EA despite having some good titles back in 2008.

Let's boycott Renegade Kid because I like piracy.

Really, I guess I'll be the 1st to boycott Wayfoward and Shin'en. They haven't done anything negative yet but if you could please sign this petition...

Seriously, I'm starting to see why games sell more on other platforms

End Rant

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

229. Posted:

brandonbwii wrote:

Seriously, I'm starting to see why games sell more on other platforms

you're implying either that these boycotts ever happen or that every fandom doesn't have terrible, horrible children.

lolno

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

230. Posted:

I know I will be getting the game no matter what. I do wish the game came out sooner but boycotting it isn't going to solve anything. By boycotting the game you won't get the game any faster and worst is you will be telling Ubisoft that you don't want the game. Why would you do that? Buy the game for WiiU, show them they should make more games for WiiU by showing them sales are good on the system. You are working against yourself by boycotting

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

231. Posted:

Boycotting a company because they don't announce a game for your platform does seem a bit silly; this seems less so.

I'm still not getting how you can send Ubisoft a message without refusing to buy the game. If you just roll over the only message being sent is that you can tell platform supporters to their face "we've made the game for your machine but we don't feel like releasing it because, well, we just don't" and they'll make some noise on Facebook and still give you a profit when you do decide to publish. How is that a good thing?

I'm not saying people have a "right" to get the game right now, but they do have a right to be a bit ticked off about this and tell Ubisoft to take their game elsewhere. There's a lot of games I'll never play just because I'm not going to buy whatever platform they exist on, so another one won't make a difference to me.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

232. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Boycotting a company because they don't announce a game for your platform does seem a bit silly; this seems less so.

I'm still not getting how you can send Ubisoft a message without refusing to buy the game. If you just roll over the only message being sent is that you can tell platform supporters to their face "we've made the game for your machine but we don't feel like releasing it because, well, we just don't" and they'll make some noise on Facebook and still give you a profit. How is that a good thing?

But they are releasing the game they are just waiting for a time they feel will maximize their profits which means most likely another game will come from it

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

233. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

But they are releasing the game they are just waiting for a time they feel will maximize their profits which means most likely another game will come from it

You're professing a lot of faith in Ubisoft on the back of an action which would appear to suggest that faith is misplaced. I've yet to hear anyone from that company make any promises on the back of projected sales of Rayman Legends. For all we know that could be the last Ubisoft game on the Wii U...

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

234. Posted:

Rayman origins sales were not as good as they hoped they would be. Ubisoft is placing faith in us, the consumers, to be interested in a sequel. I don't see where my faith is misplaced until Ubisoft announces the game won't be coming out for WiiU but that is such a long shot. It would be crazy for them to not release it on WiiU. I want the game and I want the WiiU features. Why should I punish them for waiting to make more money while I still get my game?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

235. Posted:

@DefHalan: Because by shifting this date they appear to be taking your support for granted such that they feel they can disregard a pledged first-quarter release in favour of a delay to work on porting to other platforms.

Slapshot said something interesting in the news comments. It could well be that Ubisoft is getting cold feet regarding the Wii U and tried to get Nintendo to pay them for a timed exclusive to make them feel better and this situation is the result of that tack failing and Nintendo saying "no." If so that's even more cynical...

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

236. Posted:

The problem is they're gonna release it at a time when more games will be out and RL will be a background sleeper amongst better software ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

237. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

@DefHalan: Because by shifting this date they appear to be taking your support for granted such that they feel they can disregard a pledged first-quarter release in favour of a delay to work on porting to other platforms.

Slapshot said something interesting in the news comments. It could well be that Ubisoft is getting cold feet regarding the Wii U and tried to get Nintendo to pay them for a timed exclusive to make them feel better and this situation is the result of that tack failing and Nintendo saying "no." If so that's even more cynical...

So Ubisoft is getting cold feet about their WiiU support and your idea of "fixing" the situation is not buying the game? I am confused do you want Ubisoft to stop supporting the WiiU? If you want Ubisoft to take the WiiU more seriously, i know I do, then you need to support their games on the system

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiULoveSquid

238. Posted:

@MAB I think maybe they're hedging their bets and figure the least that could happen is they garner as many sales on all platforms as now only on one recently launched one. And at most they're betting they double triple sales etc with the multi release. Possibly?

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

239. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

If you want Ubisoft to take the WiiU more seriously, i know I do, then you need to support their games on the system

This delay would appear to indicate that Ubisoft doesn't take Wii U owners seriously and frankly I don't think this system needs more publishers like that - I mean EA is enough, surely?

You do what you feel is right, but I don't tend to support companies that take the piss out of me regardless of how much I may like something they make.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DeepFried35

240. Posted:

Rayman origins sales were not as good as they hoped they would be. Ubisoft is placing faith in us, the consumers, to be interested in a sequel. I don't see where my faith is misplaced until Ubisoft announces the game won't be coming out for WiiU but that is such a long shot. It would be crazy for them to not release it on WiiU. I want the game and I want the WiiU features. Why should I punish them for waiting to make more money while I still get my game?

You are kidding right? How can it be placing faith in us, the Wii U consumers, by removing exclusivity and delaying a game by 7 months? That to me shows absolutely no faith whatsoever.

I'll just add this to the topic, taken from a forum elsewhere that I commented on:

Even more surprising that even with 150m potential buyers, most games are classed as a success if they sell 5m. Hmm 5m out of 150m, what's that 3.33% of the market, that's a pretty decent return and shows why they should be sucking Sony and MS's a**holes to release their games on their platforms.

Even the biggest of titles like ACIII selling 12m I think they said, that's still under 10% of potential sales. Now I'm no mathematician, but that to me sounds like a pretty garbage penetration and that's for one of the biggest games, yet they still use this as their reasoning.

Lets compare a recent title, Sonic Racing Transformed. It's sold 930,000 copies since December 31st and of those 260,000 were on the Wii U alone. That's a Wii U install base of 3m, a whole 147m less potential buyers, yet it's sold over 25% of total sales for that one game alone. That single game has sold almost 10% of it's install base on Wii U pretty damn good for a title that obviously isn't a blockbuster game like ACIII.

I'm gonna take a rough guess here and say that Wii U install base is now at about 3.2m worldwide, give or take a bit but I'll go with that figure anyway. I could quite easily see Rayman Legends selling to a good 5%, (5% is probably quite conservative), of the install base just purely because it looks fantastic, was on the retail demo pods, people tried the demo and loved it and because people were desperate for something new. So they were potentially looking at a good 160'000 sales, jees I'll be surprised if it does that well in September especially going up against big hitters like GTA V and Nintendo's own upcoming games.

Edited on by DeepFried35

Check out our homage to ZombiU: http://youtu.be/Nni7See5WYw

Twitter: DeepFried35