Forums

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Posts 241 to 260 of 360

Knux

I think the bigger problem is that the gamers that are blowing their lids off are those who own a Wii U and not a PS3 or Xbox 360. The reason I said that is because if you have one of those other consoles and saw the massive amount of games already out and coming out for those consoles, then you wouldn't be complaining about the delay of ONE game (regardless of the reason).

See? This is why I rarely buy a console in it's early months. It's because there's likely going to be a drought of games during those first few months. Oh well, you reap what you sow.

That, and at least a good majority of these complainers were likely only planning on buying Rayman Legends because it was in their eyes a Wii U exclusive. Whatever happened to buying a game because it looks awesome?

Edited on by Knux

Knux

SCRAPPER392

I can't even afford as little games as there are on Wii U as it is. I want Ninja Gaiden, AC3, and Tekken the most right now, since I already have the other games, and I can't even afford those as it is now.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

NinChocolate

@MAB I'll be watching out for the games success and where the sales come from. they really struck something with the 'reboot' its great series now

NinChocolate

MAB

I was never going to get RL anyway due to the demo being a easy casual difficulty... I already wasted my cash on a similar game when I downloaded NSMBU.

MAB

LzWinky

@Knux: From what I've seen in the comments, most are angry at the delay itself (though many are fuming over the multiplatforming)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SCRAPPER392

Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, and Lego City should hold you guys over plenty anyway. September will be here in a snap, and you guys will buy it anyway.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

NinChocolate

I'm not an overly talented gamer so most standard difficulty throws my hair back, as it were.

NinChocolate

DefHalan

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51202/rayman-origins/ PS3 Sales
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51200/rayman-origins/ Xbox 360 Sales
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51201/rayman-origins/ Wii Sales

As you can see out of the 3 consoles the Wii sold he least even though the Wii was the best selling console last generation. The WiiU has a significantly smaller install base then any other home console. Rayman Origins did not preform as well as Ubisoft hoped, yes it was profitable but Ubisoft was still disappointed, so we are lucky we are even getting a sequel. I would rather take a new Rayman game then not have one at all. So if you think it is ok for Ubisoft to do push back games and port them to other systems then go ahead and show them that the WiiU isn't worth supporting. If you want Ubisoft to take their WiiU support seriously then prove to them that is where the market is by buying the WiiU version of Rayman Legends. Make Ubisoft see that they could have been profitable on the WiiU alone. Get everyone you know to buy the WiiU version. Show them what the WiiU is made of. Or you can prove them right, by not buying the game on WiiU. Drag down WiiU sales numbers by not buying games for it. Nothing changes "business" like money. A boycott is not going to help your cause.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

moomoo

@Knux Think of a single game that was complete and then delayed for over half a year for the sole purpose of going multi-platform. People have a right to be pretty pissed at this news.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

brandonbwii

kkslider5552000 wrote:

brandonbwii wrote:

Seriously, I'm starting to see why games sell more on other platforms

you're implying either that these boycotts ever happen or that every fandom doesn't have terrible, horrible children.

lolno

Yeah, I was implying boycotting works to some extent. Companies (mostly EA) don't like working on Nintendo platforms as there's no chance it will sale by the bucket loads. As for why I don't know, but there are various factors in place.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

brandonbwii

moomoo wrote:

@Knux Think of a single game that was complete and then delayed for over half a year for the sole purpose of going multi-platform. People have a right to be pretty pissed at this news.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was delayed in order to deliver a Wii version.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Gamesake

DefHalan wrote:

As you can see out of the 3 consoles the Wii sold he least even though the Wii was the best selling console last generation.

Rayman Origins failed to meet Ubisoft's expectations on every console. It was universally ignored. Why would Ubisoft expect Rayman Legends to be any different? As an exclusive game for a fledgling console it might have done better. Now with all the bitterness Ubisoft has created amongst Wii U owners, Rayman Legends' total sales might actually be worse than Origins.

What they should have done is bring Rayman Legends out for the Wii U on time, test the waters, and then proceed to port it to PS360.

...in my pants.

kkslider5552000

brandonbwii wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

brandonbwii wrote:

Seriously, I'm starting to see why games sell more on other platforms

you're implying either that these boycotts ever happen or that every fandom doesn't have terrible, horrible children.

lolno

Yeah, I was implying boycotting works to some extent. Companies (mostly EA) don't like working on Nintendo platforms as there's no chance it will sale by the bucket loads. As for why I don't know, but there are various factors in place.

That's not boycotting. It's just Nintendo fanboys (and a lot of gamers in general considering the insane amount of Wii consoles sold) not buying good games other than Nintendo for various stupid reasons.

Also VGChartz is not a good source, like, ever. Don't use it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

luisesteban

Gamesake wrote:

What they should have done is bring Rayman Legends out for the Wii U on time, test the waters, and then proceed to port it to PS360.

Thats very alike to Resident Evil Revelations.....sells nice on 3ds....Capcom decides to port it to hd consoles and the 3ds owners says: "hey thats a really cool game, you would enjoy it"

But delay a completed version, is a nonsence.

Well, my money goes to monster hunter.

luisesteban

ShadJV

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I was never going to get RL anyway due to the demo being a easy casual difficulty... I already wasted my cash on a similar game when I downloaded NSMBU.

The demo would obviously be early levels, a difficult demo could scare off many possible consumers. If Origins is any indication I doubt the game will be so easy, especially later levels.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

ShadJV

SCAR392 wrote:

Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, and Lego City should hold you guys over plenty anyway. September will be here in a snap, and you guys will buy it anyway.

Don't be so sure. At this point I don't have much on my Wii U so I'd happily play $60 for it now. But by September I will have a number of other titles and $60 will seem a lot to me for a platformer when I'll have built up a backlog and have other games on my wishlist. I can't guarantee I'll get to buying it even if I have no intention of "boycotting".

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

DefHalan

Gamesake wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

As you can see out of the 3 consoles the Wii sold he least even though the Wii was the best selling console last generation.

Rayman Origins failed to meet Ubisoft's expectations on every console. It was universally ignored. Why would Ubisoft expect Rayman Legends to be any different? As an exclusive game for a fledgling console it might have done better. Now with all the bitterness Ubisoft has created amongst Wii U owners, Rayman Legends' total sales might actually be worse than Origins.

I completely agree. I would have rather seen Ubisoft do this too. The only reason I see why they didn't is so they wouldn't have to pay for marketing twice, once for the WiiU release and once for the Xbox 360/PS3 release.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Knux

DefHalan wrote:

I completely agree. I would have rather seen Ubisoft do this too. The only reason I see why they didn't is so they wouldn't have to pay for marketing twice, once for the WiiU release and once for the Xbox 360/PS3 release.

You're finally getting warm, good sir. Untitled

Knux

MAB

After all the hard work promoting this before/during/after E3 last year and having a demo on the eshop for a while you would think this game has had enough advertisement already... The peops that were lining up to buy have officially just been shat on

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.