Wii U Forum

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Showing 161 to 180 of 333

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

161. Posted:

It seems unlikely.....but I have a strange feeling it might actually be Zelda U. It would actually make a lot of sense.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

162. Posted:

@Blastoise-san

Dudebro has a term that's always never made an sense. It comes down to pretty much every popular game and what the Mass Market likes even if the game in question doesn't have any dude bro conventions. Its the same as sterotyping the people who like Wii Spots and Kinect as causal. I understand where you would be coming from using each terms but their bit unfair.

In essence define dudebro?

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

163. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Blastoise-San I don't think you understood what I'm trying to say. I wasn't validating the existance of the "dudebro" gamer so much as saying that Spike TV deserves every insults you can throw at it, as It's a channel specifically meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

blame the media not the audience, after all every media tries to control the mind of its audience.(I'm not joking, not even a little)

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

skywake

164. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Dudebro has a term that's always never made an sense. It comes down to pretty much every popular game and what the Mass Market likes even if the game in question doesn't have any dude bro conventions. Its the same as sterotyping the people who like Wii Spots and Kinect as causal. I understand where you would be coming from using each terms but their bit unfair.

In essence define dudebro?

It's pretty simple. Back in the 90s gaming was a hobby that skewed heavily towards the nerdy, socially awkward male. That group still tends to be the most enthusiastic and plays a large variety of games. Strategy, RPGs, Racers, Platformers and so on. The "traditional" gamer didn't care what it was, what anyone thought or how long it took to get good at it as long as it was fun.

The "Dudebro" I would assume refers to the new group of people who appeared when the barrier for entry dropped to allow in the non-nerdy crowd. They stereotype would say that these players are all about quick, easy and violent gaming. Plug in and start killing people. It's the gaming equivalent of the action movie or sitting around on a weekend watching the sport. Basically the nerd's arch nemesis, the jock.

Where the looking down the nose at "those people" falls apart I think is that most of us like to be "dudebros" every now and then. Sometimes you don't want to sit down and watch Hugo, Blade Runner, Toy Story or Inception. Sometimes you feel like watching Die Hard, Con Air or lounging in the backyard with a cold drink and the cricket going. The problem isn't on one side, the problem is people refusing to experience the breadth of the medium from whatever angle they come from. Not because they don't like it but because they think they're somehow above it.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

UTXGamer

165. Posted:

I don't know what will be shown for Wii U but I have the feeling we will see another E3 type meltdown after the announcement. Somehow people get themselves worked up into believing we will see Zelda, X, a new Metroid or a new IP or something big when there has been no evidence that it will be something like that.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

166. Posted:

@Skywake

I could agree with that, and I will admit I do use dudebro as a short hand for the Call of Duty's of the world. With that said I do feel their is a certain sub group in the Nintendo community that uses the term as an indicator for anything non Nintendo or with bright colors.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

167. Posted:

UTXGamer wrote:

I don't know what will be shown for Wii U but I have the feeling we will see another E3 type meltdown after the announcement. Somehow people get themselves worked up into believing we will see Zelda, X, a new Metroid or a new IP or something big when there has been no evidence that it will be something like that.

surely, but you can at least bet the announcement won't be a "kiddie game" this time around(unless Nintendo wants to lose some money) that's why most people think it'll be Zelda, X, Metroid, Bayoneta, etc. it's 'cause they're the least kiddie things Nintendo can offer and be predicted(new IPs are unpredictable, to a certain extent, so they don't count)

so what's exactly "dudebro"? I always thought it was a term for gamers that ONLY play M rated games with violence and explosions everywhere(and thought the name came because most of those game's online servers are filled with people who use tons of "slang")

Edited on by GuSilverFlame

my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!

AuthorMessage

GotWiiD

168. Posted:

but new IP would be really cool if it was aimed at a more mature audiance, we know we will get our mario, zelda, donkey kong games etc, right now nintendo has to prove they can deliever the other stuff, by doing so could bring more third party support, thats how you sell systems.

nintendo needs more of their own first party games to be more then just mario/zelda/donkey kong, they are great games dont get me wrong.

Wii U : GotWiiD

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

169. Posted:

I'm a little confused why a couple people in this thread are taking a term that doesn't apply to them, distorting it until it does apply to them, and then getting offended by it.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

170. Posted:

hopefully Zelda U

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

AuthorMessage

WrappedInBlack

171. Posted:

L4D3 or HL3 (L4D would be better)
Zelda Wii U/Smash Bros trailer with Zelda characters
Halo 5

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

172. Posted:

I hope it's more then on game. The thing is 3 hours. Nintendo should have like 30 mins of stage time.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

Gso

173. Posted:

I vote for Reggie being shown as a Smash Bros. character.

Gso

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

174. Posted:

GotWiiD wrote:

but new IP would be really cool if it was aimed at a more mature audiance, we know we will get our mario, zelda, donkey kong games etc, right now nintendo has to prove they can deliever the other stuff, by doing so could bring more third party support, thats how you sell systems.

nintendo needs more of their own first party games to be more then just mario/zelda/donkey kong, they are great games dont get me wrong.

X
Bayonetta 2
Fire Emblem X Megaten

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Artwark

175. Posted:

F-Zero? Starfox? Metroid? The new IP that Nintendo teased earlier? Its really exciting for me atleast! :D

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

176. Posted:

Trailer for an existing game.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Blast

177. Posted:

@skywake THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

178. Posted:

I believe it's going to be a new game announcement with a teaser trailer AND more footage of an existing game.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Chomposaur

179. Posted:

Its going to be a game that can entice the hardcore market

people watching the Spike VGX who dont own a Wii U will want to see hardcore games such as Zelda, Smash bros or Bayonetta to make them buy the system

no way in hell are they going to show a kiddie game like yoshis yarn or kirby in a room full of 20-30 year olds ..

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

180. Posted:

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

Its going to be a game that can entice the hardcore market

people watching the Spike VGX who dont own a Wii U will want to see hardcore games such as Zelda, Smash bros or Bayonetta to make them buy the system

no way in hell are they going to show a kiddie game like yoshis yarn or kirby in a room full of 20-30 year olds ..

sorry but I'm sure most Kirby fans are already adults ;) (like me)
but yeah they won't show Kirby.....

Edited on by GuSilverFlame

my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!