Wii U Forum

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Showing 141 to 160 of 333

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveGBA

141. Posted:

Some people think that Nintendo is going to pretend that Donky Kong isn't the next big release for Wii U because many of VGX's gamer-viewers will be pulling for software like GTA or TLOU?

I'd be very surprised if Reggie goes in there thinking he needs to show the most UN-colorful-playful-Nintendo game they got in the pipe so he can maybe get those uninterested in Nintendo hardware into thinking that the Wii-U isn't as "Nintendo" as they might have always believed (known).

If he doesn't show some DK I'll be shocked. It's hype time for that game now and Wii U can't afford to skip hype opportunities for any releases least of all what's closest. If he goes back to the Wii U's early messaging that the console is for the "hardcore gamer" by showing the most violent/intense gameplay japan can send him, I'll also be surprised.

I predict Reggie will show pure Nintendo gaming fun, and that's Retro Studio's Donky Kong, through and through.

Nintendo IP IS relevant. And will never be "unacceptable" to be shown to gamers no matter what they play by any third party.

That guy! UGH! "Hey, look at me. I ride a broomstick, and I was into stickers before it was cool." Pshhhhhhhh. He doesn't know about sticker power.

AuthorMessage

skywake

142. Posted:

What I'd like to see is an announcement of third party support for some of the games the Wii U has been missing out on. GTA V for example or something along those lines. I'm not holding my breath. Obviously I'm always happy to see a new Zelda or Metroid. Again I'm not holding my breath.

What I expect to see is new footage for Donkey Kong, Mario Kart or Smash Bros. And I'm fine with that TBH.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

SearchNDestroy

143. Posted:

What I want is a little different than what they'll probably announce.
1) GTA 5 (wishful thinking)
2) Fallout 4
3) Zelda

• It'll probably be more along the lines of: DK, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. & Zelda

Edited on by SearchNDestroy

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage

Blast

144. Posted:

I've been rewatching trailers for DKC: U and now I do agree that this game should be shown at VGX.
The game looks like crazy fun.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

145. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

DarkwingLz wrote:

You mean the one they confirmed was only a tech demo?

When?

I haven't seen or heard any news of it since the "The history of Pokemon" trailer tease. Either way, they have something for WIiU in development. Otherwise they wouldn't need a tech demonstration. (Though it seems very weird to me that they'd show it as a tease in the end of that trailer if wasn't anything special)..

Game Freak confirmed it was only a video and not a game. http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/25/pokemon-director-masuda-... "That was actually a video which was shown at the Pokémon Games Show, an event in Tokyo last month and it was showing the history of Pokémon games as well as the future." While it could become a game later, I wouldn't use it as "proof" of any existence.

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

mamp

146. Posted:

IDK it seems weird for Nintendo to go up there and show DK especially when it's Spike the TV network made for the unrealistic "bro-ed" out man.

Marry Me!!!
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

147. Posted:

I bet some Bayonetta 2 could get some non-Nintendo fans riled up. Also, Bayonetta 2 seems to fit the Spike TV targeted demographic.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

148. Posted:

I honestly think it's just going to be a new trailer for Tropical Freeze. It would make sense at it's Nintendo's next big game coming in a few months.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

149. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I bet some Bayonetta 2 could get some non-Nintendo fans riled up. Also, Bayonetta 2 seems to fit the Spike TV targeted demographic.

Got to have that sex appeal, guns, and explosions for the demographic. ;)

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

150. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

To be perfectly fair, we're talking about a Spike-related award Show. Spike, the channel that bills itself as "The Network for Men", whose slogan used to be "get some action" before external pressure forced them to change it to "Get Real". They are the same network that used to host the VGA's, where if a game had any color that wasn't a shade of grey or brown, it was practically banned from being nominated. While they promise to change things with VGX, they still have a long way to go before they disprove the long held fact that they deserve each and every "dudebro" thrown their way.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Blast

151. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

To be perfectly fair, we're talking about a Spike-related award Show. Spike, the channel that bills itself as "The Network for Men", whose slogan used to be "get some action" before external pressure forced them to change it to "Get Real". They are the same network that used to host the VGA's, where if a game had any color that wasn't a shade of grey or brown, it was practically banned from being nominated. While they promise to change things with VGX, they still have a long way to go before they disprove the long held fact that they deserve each and every "dudebro" thrown their way.

@CanisWolfred Thank you. You explained it better than I previously did. :)

AuthorMessage

Blast

152. Posted:

Once again... I think Nintendo would win VGX if they did these 3 vital things:
1: Bayonetta 2 trailer
2. Monolith's X trailer
3: A screenshot for either Legend of Zelda: Wii U or StarFox U or Metroid U then Reggie says, "More details at E3 2014."
THATS ALL THEY GOTTA DO TO WIN AND PROMOTE THE WII U.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

153. Posted:

Nintendogs + Cats + U is my best guess

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

154. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Nintendogs + Cats + U is my best guess

Nintendogs+Cats+Urchins
they'll put Hedgehogs in it(Sonic I'm looking at you :p )

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

155. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

What else do we call gamers that ...

Why do you have to call them anything? The gist of your post was "there are people that have an opinion different than my own, therefore they are automatically untermensch and deserve to be labeled as such."

Kodeen

AuthorMessage

Blast

156. Posted:

@Kodeen Ummm.... No.... >.> Thats not what I meant at all. Reread what @CanisWolfred and others said in this thread to the guy who said we shouldn't call them "dudebro" gamers.

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

157. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

What else do we call gamers that ...

Why do you have to call them anything? The gist of your post was "there are people that have an opinion different than my own, therefore they are automatically untermensch and deserve to be labeled as such."

Exactly, thank you. It's a stupid elitist term, used by people who feel the need to label people who like things different than what they like, and then ironically get angry when they themselves are labeled.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

158. Posted:

@Blastoise-San I don't think you understood what I'm trying to say. I wasn't validating the existance of the "dudebro" gamer so much as saying that Spike TV deserves every insults you can throw at it, as It's a channel specifically meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CM30

159. Posted:

What do I realistically think will be revealed? Or what SHOULD be revealed?

Should:

Some big third party support for the Wii U, like GTA or something
Zelda
Huge Smash Bros trailer with tons of newcomers
Some other big first party game reveal

Likely will:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze's fourth character
Some lesser known game no one gives a toss about
Something not game related that no one also gives a toss about.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

160. Posted:

I hope Nintendo doesn't reveal anything more about Donkey Kong. The game looks great and I want to play it if I ever get the chance (considering one of my first games was Donkey Kong on the GBC), but this show isn't the place for that.

They have to show a Nintendo title that is geared specifically toward a more action-oriented, mature audience. Something along the lines of Metroid or Zelda. Since we have no clue if Metroid is even a thing for the Wii U yet and we know about the Zelda game in production, I would hope Nintendo would show off the newest Zelda game, provided it has more of a Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess vibe around it, to coerce the "hardcore" gamers into buying a Wii U. Maybe a Zelda game in general would be enough.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213