Forums

Topic: New Metroid Ideas

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

Vincent294

luisesteban wrote:

Well Phanton is a ghost of the bird-head people (I can't recall the name of those) can't be killed, so this a way he can't return over and over during the games.

That's the Chozo. If you don't brush-up your Metroid facts soon, maybe, just maybe, the only assist trophies on Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be Metroids. And boy, will there be a lot of assist trophies.

Morph Ball time!

Hey. Where am I going?
Boom! "Samus defeated!"

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

e-love

I would like to see a return to either the original side scrolling action, or the first person gameplay from the Prime series. Not anything like Other M I hope. An original title for 3DS that isn't a spinoff would be nice too.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Gamesake

Samus has an accident that destroys her vocal cords, rendering her speechless for the rest of the game. Oh no! She could still internal monologue couldn't she?

How about a metroid game where you play as SA-X instead of Samus. That's an idea.

...in my pants.

luisesteban

VincentV wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Well Phanton is a ghost of the bird-head people (I can't recall the name of those) can't be killed, so this a way he can't return over and over during the games.

That's the Chozo. If you don't brush-up your Metroid facts soon, maybe, just maybe, the only assist trophies on Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be Metroids. And boy, will there be a lot of assist trophies.

Hey I've just forget that word (chozo)...suele pasar mae.

emaan1 wrote:

I would like to see a return to either the original side scrolling action, or the first person gameplay from the Prime series. Not anything like Other M I hope. An original title for 3DS that isn't a spinoff would be nice too.

I'dont know, for a new installment for example in wiiU wich means to be a very powerfull machine, a 2d side scrolling enviroment sounds like dissapointed. The Other M enviroment with a lot of more detailed and vast worlds, space ship battles and great cinematics (yes with voice acting shots) could be the best option.

A 2d game sounds more suitable for the 3ds (yeap a want a 3ds metroid game asap)

luisesteban

e-love

Agreed, I think they should try another first person game like Metroid Prime, as the Wii U controller would be perfect for scanning. Then they should do a 2D traditional yet new experience for 3DS.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

dugoart

high my name is Anthony and im currently working on a new project for metriod called super metriod 2 it will cove the story of many unanswered questions and ill be presenting the idea i have a script ready

dugoart

hiptanaka

I want Metroid 5 for Wii U. 2D gameplay, with a balance of new and old ideas.

Metroid 5?

Innit

I get all the reasons why it won't happen. I get all the reasons why it shouldn't happen.

But I'll happily admit I would give my right nut for another Retro-dev'd FP Metroid game.

Happily.

Innit

Neoproteus

You want some awesome Metroid game ideas, here's a few. Spoof names of course, so not actually what I would expect them to be called but:

Left 4 Metroid:
The galactic federation has been conducting illegal experiments on a remote planet, attempting to make their own Metroid army despite Samus making them go extinct. The results they get are the Mochtroids, which are weaker, but reproduce more quickly. Things quickly go awry with the arrival of Mother Brain in her new humanoid form, as she takes over the Metroids and makes them begin to metamorphosize into the more powerful variations. The transmitter that would normally generate a distress beacon is destroyed, so instead of controlling Samus, players step into the shoes of a Galactic Federation Trooper in a squad of 4. Local Co-Op is how the game is designed to be played, but the AI will take over if you have less than 4 players. The game would be divided into 5 campaigns, starring 5 different squads of troopers, but each would only last about 45 mins apiece. Many elements would also be randomized, such as enemy spawn locations, item locations, and pathways through the level, ensuring that no play through is quite like any other. The standard enemies would be mochtroids, still able to damage you, but unable to latch on like the real Metroids. The special enemies would be the Alpha Mochtroid, which is more armored and regains it's ability to latch and must be shot off of you by a teammate, the Gamma Mochtroid, which crawls on the walls and has a grapple-beam like weapon which pulls you away from your teammates before it latches on, then the Zeta Mochtroid, which is best avoided as it is near invincible and instantly kills one player before fleeing, and finally the Omega Metroid which is even more armored than the Zeta and will be aggressive enough to take down an entire party if not everyone is focusing it down at once. The fifth campaign would be a kind of boss run with a Queen Metroid and Mother Brain as levels unto themselves.

Dread Space:
The Space Pirates have been taken over by Mother Brain, and they have successfully cloned an army of Metroids and X Parasites, and discovered that the mutations for Metroids are not set, but rather the Metroids refine the genetic material absorbed by the X in order to metamorphosize, resulting in many more varieties. During her first invasion, Samus hears the distress beacon, but rather than rescue the locals, her gunship crashes, destroying her power suit along with it. To top things off, Mother Brain's telepathy has turned Samus into an emotional wreck as she relives her past and her nightmares as hallucinations. With only the zero suit and stun pistol, Samus has to make sure this planet is quarantined, destroy Mother Brain, and escape.

Metroid Hunters 2:
A much more action oriented Metroid with a focus on competitive multiplayer.

Metroid Pinball 2:
All in the name, perhaps Kraid as a boss?

Metroid Wars:
An RTS along the lines of Starcraft, but with the three factions being the Galactic Federation, the Space Pirates, and the Metroids. It would be done on the Wii U for sure, and would make heavy use of the touch screen for selecting units and issuing commands.

Metroid World:
A Metroid game with the scale of Fallout or Elder Scrolls. The Beams and powerups would all be scaled in power so that there's always something better to find when you descend into a new cave system or ancient alien ruin. The world would also be alive, allowing Samus to converse with the locals, buy and sell equipment, and take on many different quests in her search for Ridley.

Metroid: Mother S
Developed by Team Ninja as a prequel to Other M, considering no other game in the entire series as canon to it's own timeline, this game come packaged with a plush Metroid that cries every so often when it is not fed, regardless of if the game is actually turned on. To feed it, you must wear the Metroid as a hat. It also cries when it is full. The gameplay features a hyper-sexualized version of Samus with enlarged breasts, and a more revealing version of the Zero Suit. Gameplay focuses around Samus's attempts to please Adam, as she learns to cook, clean, feed the baby Metroid, and flirt with other female hunters as she plays beach volleyball. Her armor has also received an upgrade, as the large round shoulder pads have now moved to the center of the chest, to work as a functional bra.

Neoproteus

I-U

Barring my mind being blown in the gameplay department, I feel every new Metroid game from here on out needs to have scans and feature a strong focus on environmental or/and optional storytelling to really have a chance to shine amongst the series. So if a new 2D Metroid or a 3D Metroid in the style of Other M comes out again, implement scans.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

RetroGBHippie92

Personally, I don't want another 3D Metroid, unless it's like Metroid: Other M or just a standard 2D metroid. I really don't want the series to delve into more prequels or interquels, I just want a 2D Metroid that follows on from the events of Metroid Fusion because that game was brilliant and we haven't seen what's happened to Samus since. I just can't get into the 3D Prime games, I know it's easy for those veteran Gamecube players, but despite never owning a console up to the Wii, apart from handhelds, I've played all the 2D Metroids and Other M and I love them more than something that's been transferred to a 3D environment.
Look, I know we may just well get another 3D Metroid next and you all may just ignore me, but 2D environments have always managed to astound me and for that I'm thankful because I know there are some amazing pixel artists out there. All I can say now is, WHERE IS MY METROID DREAD????

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

I-U

I don't think a pixelated Metroid game has a place beyond the eShop; however, I would love to see a 2D Metroid game that tries to replicate the actual concept art (i.e what A Link to the Past 2 is doing). Don't have much of a problem with the eShop, just for this series, I prefer having my collection of physical copies.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.