Wii U Forum

Topic: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection?

Showing 1 to 15 of 15

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

1. Posted:

I'm not asking if it's coming, I'm sure it won't. But it seems like a good idea to me, especially because it seems like Konami has taken a large interest in Nintendo recently. Not too mention it has the two NES games on it, which makes it fit even better.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

2. Posted:

Um, it is coming actually, releases on the 8th of November.

Edit: Oh, you mean on the Wii U. Bleh then.

inb4 "we dont want more remakes!"

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

3. Posted:

Haha, I can see such a response coming. It's not like the Wii U is getting a new Metal Gear Solid game, and it wouldn't take much time to port a bunch of ports... It's kind of a "why not" scenario.

Infact, it bugs me that people get so annoyed by remakes. It doesn't take much effort to do them, generally. There's the argument of "they could be making a new game instead," but the thing is, it doesn't take many developers or much time to do. And often, they give the job to someone else. Everyone was complaining about Ocarina of Time 3D, but it's not like it was taking time from the Zelda team.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

4. Posted:

Could be possible, but unlikely.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

5. Posted:

I wouldn't buy it. Not unless they worked skateboarding back into the game.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

nintendosoldier

6. Posted:

In order for collections to be made, specially when the wii u pre order is available at amazon., the console first needs to be hugely popular. So cant tell until 2013.

Edited on by nintendosoldier

Nintendo player since 1994.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

7. Posted:

Is it coming to the Wii U? No.
Is it coming to the Vita? Eff yes. :D
I've bought the 360 version and will play it after I've finish playing some of my other recently purchased games. ;)

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

8. Posted:

I was going to respond to @Gamesake that the HD collection on PS3/360 includes the Substance version of MGS2, which means yes to the skateboarding game. Then I found out that they took it out since it was being released on the 360 too.
it was only in the PS2 version of substance and not the xbox version, so I don't see why they couldn't have done the same now...

Ditto with the 'nightmare' from MGS3 (which included a demo of a konami game that was cancelled) and the Snake vs Monkey mode from MGS3. Bleh you xbox >:[

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

9. Posted:

"Metal Gear? It can't be!"

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WindWaker24

10. Posted:

[h1]If you could play them with a code perhaps, that allows you to play without being detected or no health loss, so you can just play through and uncover and watch the cut-scenes, then maybe it would be able to sell more to people who are or get or have been interested, but haven't bothered because it's difficult/boring/tedious. (and yes there would be able to be some kind of limit so that you play through to watch the story unfold, or where you can do whatever the fun you feel like and have access to how the story really is, than continue playing, etc.)[/h1]

Edited on by WindWaker24

Comment about my signature, where ever you post!
The Adventure of Link: Zelda XIII

So, I suggest this site is a thread about my sig, where it's best to comment about it somewhere near where I post or in a thread of mine.

Post something somewhere about the Zelda XIII idea and name today!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

11. Posted:

WindWaker24 wrote:

If you could play them with a code perhaps, that allows you to play without being detected or no health loss, so you can just play through and uncover and watch the cut-scenes, then maybe it would be able to sell more to people who are or get or have been interested, but haven't bothered because it's difficult/boring/tedious. (and yes there would be able to be some kind of limit so that you play through to watch the story unfold, or where you can do whatever the fun you feel like and have access to how the story really is, than continue playing, etc.)

Or better yet, just watch the 10hrs of cutscenes on youtube!

The games aren't that hard, and there are difficulty settings. Try easy mode.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WindWaker24

12. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

WindWaker24 wrote:

If you could play them with a code perhaps, that allows you to play without being detected or no health loss, so you can just play through and uncover and watch the cut-scenes, then maybe it would be able to sell more to people who are or get or have been interested, but haven't bothered because it's difficult/boring/tedious. (and yes there would be able to be some kind of limit so that you play through to watch the story unfold, or where you can do whatever the fun you feel like and have access to how the story really is, than continue playing, etc.)

Or better yet, just watch the 10hrs of cutscenes on youtube!

The games aren't that hard, and there are difficulty settings. Try easy mode.

Right, right. For me I'd say I try too much in finding or trying to get everything in one-go/run at times. And yes it's actually fun to see in a single viewing cutscenes such as and (especially?) MGS

Comment about my signature, where ever you post!
The Adventure of Link: Zelda XIII

So, I suggest this site is a thread about my sig, where it's best to comment about it somewhere near where I post or in a thread of mine.

Post something somewhere about the Zelda XIII idea and name today!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

13. Posted:

WindWaker24 wrote:

And yes it's actually fun to see in a single viewing cutscenes such as and (especially?) MGS

Wow. I don't have the patience or time to sit through 5+ movies worth of cutscenes, but if you do that's cool

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

14. Posted:

@zezzy

For someone who has a Metal Gear Solid avatar, you sure like to complain about the series.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

15. Posted:

Metal Gear Solid doesn't have that many cutscenes. Unless we are talking about MGS4?

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury