Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 398

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

Spike gets his own artwork and he's on the box art? Looks like we might have our one-off playable character for this game! Spike is a bit of a random choice though (assuming he is indeed playable).

Pretty much applies to Bowser too.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

So Spike's in? That's cool...but what about Shyguy!?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MrWalkieTalkie

Spike is a very obscure choice, but awesome that they gave him a playable role nonetheless. And I personally thought Blooper was great just because of how unexpected he was.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

cookiex

Retail price will be $50 and pre-load is available. File size is apparently 3049MB.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast
iKhan

Why do people still get hyped for Mario Party games?

I'm not one of those nostalgia-mongers that thinks Mario Party games will never be as good as the N64 titles, but I just don't really think the series needs any more entries. We got an entry every year for 8 years. That milked the franchise dry if you ask me.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

I'm not one of those nostalgia-mongers that thinks Mario Party games will never be as good as the N64 titles, but I just don't really think the series needs any more entries. We got an entry every year for 8 years. That milked the franchise dry if you ask me.

They're purely multiplayer games. They're also goofy and a playful version of Smash. Not having online is... bad but not a deal breaker for some.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

I haven't owned a Mario Party since GameCube and I only played 8 for a few hours. I am excited cause I will have roommates soon and it has been a long time since I have played a Mario Party.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

Not sure if people already talked about this but according to this http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility/

Mario Party can read all Amiibo while only some can write data.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

Has it been announced if this game will have a story mode like Mario Party 9 had?

jariw

Dave24

iKhan wrote:

We got an entry every year for 8 years.

In what dimention you all live? Or is it just bad math? Or I could be not getting it, because from what I remember, there were 5 games in last 8 years?

Nothing about story mode for now, but they leave it probably for another direct. I'm actually interested in Amiibo Party - this sounds like they listened to the people, who wanted amiibos to be something more meaningful than smash thingies.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

WiiUseeker2

Online multiplayer is probably the only way I'm going to buy this. imagine starting a game and randomly getting picked to be bowser? might be cool.

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

jariw wrote:

Some board pictures from Nintendoeverything. The confusing thing to me is the resolution of the pictures (1536x864), which is something between 1080p and 720p.
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-party-10-board-images-art/

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

mario party 10 looks horrible wow. its all inear, goes in a boring straight line.

original Nintendo64 mario party games were the BEST. we need HD remakes of those sold as physical copies for the Wii U with added online Multiplayer.

WiiUseeker2

VanillaLake

I loved Mario Party 7 but I didn't like Mario Party 9 much. Have you also played MP9 and are disappointed by its general design?

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

WiiUseeker2

VanillaLake wrote:

I loved Mario Party 7 but I didn't like Mario Party 9 much. Have you also played MP9 and are disappointed by its general design?

the more original the mario party game, the better it is. the newer the mario party, the worse and worse it gets. why are they doing this?

WiiUseeker2

VanillaLake

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

the more original the mario party game, the better it is. the newer the mario party, the worse and worse it gets. why are they doing this?

I have MP4, 7 and 9. MP4 was fun but MP7 was better, in my opinion. They both are fun because each character goes on its own and you get items but I hate how MP9 forces the players to travel together. It's so silly. Besides, there are no items, only dices. And what about the endless circles in MP9's Blooper Beach which is supposed to be a reward?? Once you are out of there you can always go back endlessly if you step on the reverse square. Mario Party 9 looks nice and it has some good mini games but the game design is terrible.

I can't believe MP10 is repeating MP9's patterns.

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

Grumblevolcano

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

I slightly disagree with this as my top 3 are: 1) 5, 2) 4, 3) 2. After 5 though your statement is spot on, 9 was a complete abomination due to the linear path and "everyone in 1 car" mechanic. From what the above images show, Mario Party 10 is basically going the same approach as 9.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VanillaLake

NintyMan wrote:

Was there really surprise how linear the game is?

This is clearly a sequel to 9. I also loved the N64 and GCN Mario Parties, but I really liked 9 too.

I admit that some of those boards look pretty short, though. The underground one looks like the biggest.

You don't need to be surprised to complain about a game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.