Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 398

WebHead

Doesn't look too shabby actually. Kinda surprised this is coming out in March. Always thought it would be the big summer game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MegaStoneSmash91

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Awww mini stars are back I prefer the golden stars...

I'm just disappointed that they're still using the car format. I never played 9, but it didn't look too great aside from the vast amount of Mario content. Where's the classic Mario Party where everyone moves individually? Unless amiibo party is supposed to be that....kind of.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

KB90

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

KB90 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

It does, but you'll need to erase your Smash Bros. data if there's any on it.

I'm sorry for being a bit thick here but does that mean each Amiibo can only store data for 1 game?

Yeah, there's 2 kinds of games for amiibo

Those that read amiibo data, like Mario Kart 8, or Hyrule Warriors where you just need to tap an amiibo and you'll unlock bonus content
And those that Read & Write amiibo data, like Smash Bros. or Mario Party where you can send data from the amiibo to the Wii U, but then can save new data back into the amiibo, such as level up systems for example.

But each amiibo can only store the data of 1 game. So you'll need to either erase the current data on it or purchase a new figure of that character, doesn't matter what series of amiibo it's from so long as it's the same character.

Thanks for explaining that, MrWalkieTalkie, much appreciated.

KB90

DreamyViridi

I guess Kamek's playable appearance in MP9 was a one-off like MP8's playable Hammer Bro and Blooper...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

I guess Kamek's playable appearance in MP9 was a one-off like MP8's playable Hammer Bro and Blooper...

I would actually really like it if Hammer Bro and Blooper return... although I doubt it, sadly.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

ReBirFh

Did you guys notice the boards are segmented, I think we eill be able to mix and match the amiibo boards depending on the ones we have.

ReBirFh

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

The same for Bowser Jr. in Island Tour too.

Untitled
The good old days...

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Untitled
The good old days...

5 was probably my favourite in the series, so many great memories! (have played all of them except 1, 3 and 9)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

NintyMan wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Untitled
The good old days...

I could see the Koopalings replacing the Koopa Kids. They were basically Hudson's version of Koopalings anyway, but they stopped appearing as early as Mario Party DS even when Hudson was still around.

Oh... That takes me back... I loved playing as Mini Bowser (Europe's name). Good times...
Shame they're obscure characters now. They were around since the first Mario Party (known as Baby Bowsers for some reason).

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MrWalkieTalkie

Koopalings definitely! They've been great in Mario Kart & Smash! It's great having them make more and more appearances again as main characters! Plus they'll have a much greater chance at having amiibos!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

shingi_70

Oh look another game without play.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Pootypie

I wonder why they stopped using those three Baby Bowsers, it was fun to play with them and all of that stuff... cutting playable characters kind of bothers me, but that's up to development team. Speaking of koopalings, I would be surprised if they make in, but not Bowser Jr. as if Nintendo doesn't care about him anymore.

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano

Yellowtails wrote:

The Koopalings would be a great addition to the roster, as well as Bowser Jr.

I agree but only if both are in, still really miss playing as Bowser Jr. in Mario Kart (Double Dash and Wii).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

I wonder if unlocking the Amiibo Boards will just be a read and won't write anything to your amiibo until you customize it in game (by giving it special powers to use) then it will write... Maybe you can unlock Amiibo Boards without overwriting your Smash Data. Someone will need to test that. If I get a Peach Amiibo I will be able to

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Flopsy86

Toadette is playable! Yes. Even if this game is garbage, it will always be better than MP9 for that reason. I'm happy DK is back also, he's been away from the playable roster for too long!

As someone who prefers the N64 Mario Parties as the superior ones, I'm actually ok with the infamous car in MP9. I hated Island Tour on 3DS more than MP9 because the games were insanely short on that game. MP9's length is ok, I do agree it could be a bit longer but I think one problem is the lack of mini games as you only play about 4-5 mini games throughout the game session, if they threw more mini games in then that would solve a few problems.
It also feels like MP9 is an "anyone can win" game, the amount of random stuff that happens is just too common in the game, especially with the increased amount of Bowser spaces thrown in at the end of the board. Seems like the majority of games are manufactured such that the person who wins a lot of the mini games is not the one who wins it all at the end.

Regarding the people who want more classical Mario Party play, I don't see modern Mario Parties going back in that direction. The best Nintendo can do in my opinion is get N64 virtual console games on Wii U which in turn will make Mario Party 2 playable without Wii Mode and then Mario Party 3 will be looking at a possible VC release, of course I know N64 VC is long overdue now and it seems like its been abandoned by Nintendo judging by the silence on it.
If this happens then people can play some of the most classic Mario Parties ever released in my opinion at a great price. I like the Gamecube ones aswell but MP2 and MP3 are much closer to a VC release than MP4-7 will ever be. I suppose MP8 could even see a eShop release as they seem to be going down this route of Wii games recently.

I'm also curious what DK's amiibo will do, didn't seem to see an amiibo board from him.

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

jariw

ReBirFh wrote:

Did you guys notice the boards are segmented, I think we eill be able to mix and match the amiibo boards depending on the ones we have.

Yes, that sounds right, since there is no squares to move on at the border of each segment.

jariw

MrWalkieTalkie
Pootypie
MegaStoneSmash91

NintyMan wrote:

According to Amazon and GameStop, Mario Party 10 will only cost $50.

Which is very interesting indeed. I was considering pre-ordering, but that was back when it was still listed for the normal $60. After I noticed it went down 10 bucks, I figured it was time to do that pre-order. Hoping it doesn't jump back up to $60 for some reason.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

Spike gets his own artwork and he's on the box art? Looks like we might have our one-off playable character for this game! Spike is a bit of a random choice though (assuming he is indeed playable).

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.