Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 398

KB90

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

It does, but you'll need to erase your Smash Bros. data if there's any on it.

I'm sorry for being a bit thick here but does that mean each Amiibo can only store data for 1 game?

KB90

DefHalan

Aviator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Nice little paywall you have there Nintendo.

I am just wondering, what type of Amiibo functionality wouldn't be considered a paywall?

The Smash Bros. stuff isn't. Mario Kart 8 uses it for cosmetic purposes.

But to hold back 6 boards, each being activated when you only buy one amiibo, that's a pay wall.

But those are a paywall. Why shouldn't you be able to buy the Costumes for Mario Kart 8 digitally or buy advanced AI that learns for each character digitally in Smash. Amiibo are a pay wall, the benefit is that you pay once and can unlock multiple things for multiple games, which actually makes it less of a paywall than normal DLC.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

Aviator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Aviator wrote:

I am just wondering, what type of Amiibo functionality wouldn't be considered a paywall?

But to hold back 6 boards, each being activated when you only buy one amiibo, that's a pay wall.

and Smash Brothers is the most useless application of Ambiio out of all the games shown. Stut like this and Project Steam have me considering getting Ambiio.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jariw

DefHalan wrote:

But those are a paywall. Why shouldn't you be able to buy the Costumes for Mario Kart 8 digitally or buy advanced AI that learns for each character digitally in Smash. Amiibo are a pay wall, the benefit is that you pay once and can unlock multiple things for multiple games, which actually makes it less of a paywall than normal DLC.

But this is a double paywall, since you have to erase the Smash data from the amiibo to be able to use the amiibo as a playable character in Mario Party 10. Unless they fix it technically in the OS by then, so we can temporary store amiibo data on the Wii U instead of erasing it.

We might skip the amiibo Party mode here and play the other modes instead. To me at least, it's the mini games that's the fun part, not how you roll the dices or move the pieces on the board.

jariw

DefHalan

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

But this is a double paywall, since you have to erase the Smash data from the amiibo to be able to use the amiibo as a playable character in Mario Party 10. Unless they fix it technically in the OS by then, so we can temporary store amiibo data on the Wii U instead of erasing it.

We might skip the amiibo Party mode here and play the other modes instead. To me at least, it's the mini games that's the fun part, not how you roll the dices or move the pieces on the board.

It has been known since before Amiibo released that they can only hold data from 1 game. You get to choose which game. It is just one paywall for multiple uses.

jariw

DefHalan wrote:

It has been known since before Amiibo released that they can only hold data from 1 game. You get to choose which game. It is just one paywall for multiple uses.

So if you want it for multiple games (with write support), you need to get multiple plastic figurines. Which is silly, since Nintendo could provide a solution for it in the OS.

jariw

kkslider5552000

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

So if you want it for multiple games (with write support), you need to get multiple plastic figurines. Which is silly, since Nintendo could provide a solution for it in the OS.

Yes but then they would make less money.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LucinaSmash

Untitled
Nintendo website confirms the $59.99 price tag for the amiibo bundle. The last Mario Party game I brought was Mario Party 5. I think is time for me to give this series a second chance... now in HD

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Knux

I see that Nintendo not only is using amiibo as a paywall, but there's not even online multiplayer. Bravo, Nintendo!

Knux

DefHalan

Knux wrote:

I see that Nintendo not only is using amiibo as a paywall, but there's not even online multiplayer. Bravo, Nintendo!

Mario Party is not the type of game that would work well with Online Multiplayer. And of course Amiibos are paywalls, that is what they are and have always been. I don't have a problem with it cause it is 1 paywall with multiple uses, rather than how DLC works where it is 1 paywall for 1 specific use.

Edited on by DefHalan

Kuksenkov

Dem scales in Bowser's skin.

Avid collector of Japanese music/films/videogames physical releases.

www.shadycandyshop.blogspot.com

Twitter:

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

I would really consider the Mario amiibo bundle if it was available in America...

It was shown in the NA Direct so I think it will be

MrWalkieTalkie

KB90 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

It does, but you'll need to erase your Smash Bros. data if there's any on it.

I'm sorry for being a bit thick here but does that mean each Amiibo can only store data for 1 game?

Yeah, there's 2 kinds of games for amiibo

Those that read amiibo data, like Mario Kart 8, or Hyrule Warriors where you just need to tap an amiibo and you'll unlock bonus content
And those that Read & Write amiibo data, like Smash Bros. or Mario Party where you can send data from the amiibo to the Wii U, but then can save new data back into the amiibo, such as level up systems for example.

But each amiibo can only store the data of 1 game. So you'll need to either erase the current data on it or purchase a new figure of that character, doesn't matter what series of amiibo it's from so long as it's the same character.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Pootypie

shingi_70 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Aviator wrote:

and Smash Brothers is the most useless application of Ambiio out of all the games shown. Stut like this and Project Steam have me considering getting Ambiio.

Most useless? How? I was thinking it was most useful...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NinjaWaddleDee

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this game's roster will be the same as it always was, but with the addition of Rosalina and DK. What other new characters do you think we will get?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Most useless? How? I was thinking it was most useful...

It depends on your playstyle, if you mainly play Smash via single player (Classic, All Star, Events, Orders), local or online multiplayer with friends and such then the amiibo functionality is most useless. If however you mainly play Smash mode with CPUs then it is more towards most useful.

To me, Hyrule Warriors' functionality is most useful because the Spinner is a fun weapon to use as well as the badge market and training dojo being either rather expensive or hard to find certain materials.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

Considering this seems to rewrite to the Amiibo and it takes distinct advantage of the figure motif, I wouldn't say this is as much of a paywall as it is a gameplay mode built around Amiibo.

Project Steam's Amiibo functionality is a paywall if there ever was one though. Almost half the playable characters are only available from Amiibo, it's basically on-disc DLC.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LuigiTheGreenFire

This game looks really fun. I am happy DK is coming back as a playable character and the Bowser Party looks awesome. Any idea where to preorder the bundle that includes the Mario amiibo?

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Pootypie

Awww mini stars are back I prefer the golden stars...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.