Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 4,835

Rexcalibr

99 amiibos (which they all had to make individual sprites for even though they will probably end up functioning the same) and they couldn't have taken the time to create sprites of the Koopalings you could swap for Bowser Jr.? Yes I'm bitter.

That being said I still can't wait for this to come out.

Rexcalibr

NintendoFan64

@Megumi I think that's more than enough stages to make. I doubt I'll be able to come up with that many.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

Yeah never mind, my Super Mario Bros world math or whatever is way off. lol I was going to make a "full game" with 8 worlds...kept thinking it'll be around 70 levels or something. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Hendesu

I can't wait to make unbeatable levels!

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

@NightmareEater: I think the levels have to actually be beatable in order for you to share them. You have to pass them first before you can upload them.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NintendoFan64

@NightmareEater: They can't be unbeatable. You have to beat them before sharing. Otherwise, the game won't let you.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Hendesu

@NintendoFan64: @Aromaiden:
Well, that's disappointing. Really hoping to make some levels to drive players crazy.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Rexcalibr

I'm glad you can't make unbeatable levels. If you could, I'm sure the majority of stages uploaded on the Miiverse would be awful.

Rexcalibr

TylerTheCreator

Rexcalibr wrote:

99 amiibos (which they all had to make individual sprites for even though they will probably end up functioning the same) and they couldn't have taken the time to create sprites of the Koopalings you could swap for Bowser Jr.? Yes I'm bitter.

That being said I still can't wait for this to come out.

There aren't amiibo of the Koopalings, so that's probably the reason why.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

LavaTwilight

I'd want to take a page from Nintendo's book and make levels that are enjoyable but serious.
Hopefully, regards the unbeatableness of some levels, I hope they make it so u can't drag and drop mario onto the flagpole and then it's considered 'beatable'. It'd probably be starting position to flagpole in one take.

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

Grumblevolcano

Hopefully you can create levels where if you don't approach the goal in the right way then you die.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LavaTwilight

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Hopefully you can create levels where if you don't approach the goal in the right way then you die.

I don't know if this is what u mean, but in the original super mario, some bowser levels required you to take a certain path or the section would reset itself and u'd be in a constant repeat until u found the correct path. I've seen some levels in SMM which are side-scrolling, so hopefully u can do something similar to those mazey levels in this too!

Grumblevolcano

LavaTwilight wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I don't know if this is what u mean, but in the original super mario, some bowser levels required you to take a certain path or the section would reset itself and u'd be in a constant repeat until u found the correct path. I've seen some levels in SMM which are side-scrolling, so hopefully u can do something similar to those mazey levels in this too!

No I mean like this, watch from 6:15.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LavaTwilight

What an infuriating level!!! Bloody hell now that isn't even enjoyable... lol... If u see some of the Treehouse episodes from last year, one of the guys makes a level like this but on a much smaller scale

LavaTwilight

But not sure about those ? exits... or alternative 'secret' exits.

Grumblevolcano

@LavaTwilight: Basically you die if you pick either of the two leftmost exits but succeed if you pick the rightmost exit but what I was getting at is that if you had a mushroom at the end and had a block placed two spaces above the ground then being bigger means the block traps you and the level is complete while if you're small you die.

Grumblevolcano

Shinion

Will you be able to replicate past levels entirely and upload them online? I'm thinking of some of my favourite SMB3, World and NSMB stages, and as far as I'm aware the tools are there, it just depends on whether or not stages have to be 100% original. Have we had any confirmation on this?

Shinion

TeeJay

TheLastLugia wrote:

Will you be able to replicate past levels entirely and upload them online? I'm thinking of some of my favourite SMB3, World and NSMB stages, and as far as I'm aware the tools are there, it just depends on whether or not stages have to be 100% original. Have we had any confirmation on this?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Or more specifically, how Nintendo would regulate that even if they felt the need to.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Shinion

@TeeJay: yeah I was just thinking about it, and it suppose it's just another reason to love this game, it'd be great recreate some of the most memorable 2D Mario levels or even better, make it 99% similar and that 1% difference is a troll Bowser hidden in a ? block or something lol. Yeah take that idea and recreate the Super Mario World level where you first meet Yoshi but instead of Yoshi coming out it's a giant Bob-Omb. I'm trademarking that idea, it'd catch out all of the people who have played Super Mario World to death.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

LavaTwilight

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@LavaTwilight: Basically you die if you pick either of the two leftmost exits but succeed if you pick the rightmost exit but what I was getting at is that if you had a mushroom at the end and had a block placed two spaces above the ground then being bigger means the block traps you and the level is complete while if you're small you die.

I'd love to see it if u find an answer to ur dilemma. The problem is im out of work atm but when I'm back I'll def be getting this. What's ur NNID? I'll look out for your levels. Mine is LavaTwilight.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.