Wii U Forum

Topic: Luigi's Mansion U

Showing 1 to 20 of 23

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoshisaredragon

1. Posted:

With the huge popularity of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, making another sequel on Wii U would be a great idea.
Multiple mansions in an over world, each just as expansive as the original on the Gamecube, except now more than one.
It would be a great chance to show off the stunning visual capabilities of the Wii U with the details in the environments and inside the mansions, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was also very impressive in terms of character actions and animations.
If this were successful on Wii U, Nintendo could make this into another franchise.

Your Thoughts?

Edited on by yoshisaredragon

yoshisaredragon

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter: yoshisaredragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Uriel_PikpikVII

2. Posted:

It would be AT LEAST 2015 before we receive news of a LM3

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Innit

3. Posted:

It's a no-brainer really, this kind of thing.

And with the merging of divisions at Nintendo recently, surely something that's on the horizon. Some games - that aren't so visually intense - should be made available to other platforms.

I'm sure Wii U could have benefited for a dual-developed LMDM, or MK7. Even as download titles.

Look at DKCR 3D. No-brainer.

Innit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

4. Posted:

I'd love a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon sequel on Wii U. Have both portrait ghosts and possessor ghosts as bosses to counter any claims of ghosts lacking unique designs, have there be a bunch of interesting mansions with unique gimmicks to explore and turn the multiplayer mode into something far more in depth than the current one.

Heck, just put everything listed here in it, and I'll be willing to pay 50 pounds in a snap:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/luigis-mansion-3...

Other things I'd want are mid level checkpoints (to both let the missions be longer and to stop people complaining about going back to the start whenever you die), major changes to hit the mansion after every mission or so (like part of the building collapsing or new areas opening up) and more options in general.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bassoongoon

5. Posted:

I would love to see this. There would be lots of potential with the Wii U game pad.

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoshisaredragon

6. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

I'd love a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon sequel on Wii U. Have both portrait ghosts and possessor ghosts as bosses to counter any claims of ghosts lacking unique designs, have there be a bunch of interesting mansions with unique gimmicks to explore and turn the multiplayer mode into something far more in depth than the current one.

Heck, just put everything listed here in it, and I'll be willing to pay 50 pounds in a snap:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/luigis-mansion-3...

Other things I'd want are mid level checkpoints (to both let the missions be longer and to stop people complaining about going back to the start whenever you die), major changes to hit the mansion after every mission or so (like part of the building collapsing or new areas opening up) and more options in general.

Now that is some good thinking

yoshisaredragon

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter: yoshisaredragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

3DGamerDude

7. Posted:

I can't agree more. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is my new favorite 3DS game. I'd love to see a third game on the Wii U. It would be cool if Luigi had to rescue Princess Daisy from a new alliance formed between King Boo and Waluigi. I'd also like to see some sort of lava-filled mansion and one similar to the original GameCube one.

3DGamerDude

Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

8. Posted:

I definitely agree, although for the sake of freshness it won't be for another two years at least. Next time around, I would like for Luigi to rescue Princess Daisy instead of Mario yet again. And as far as new mansions, there should be a haunted lighthouse for an ocean theme, a factory, a hospital, or maybe even a school!

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

9. Posted:

Dev wrote:

I definitely agree, although for the sake of freshness it won't be for another two years at least. Next time around, I would like for Luigi to rescue Princess Daisy instead of Mario yet again. And as far as new mansions, there should be a haunted lighthouse for an ocean theme, a factory, a hospital, or maybe even a school!

A haunted lighthouse is a great idea! And the idea of a factory or hospital as a mansion is good too!

I did mention the school idea in that article I linked to though. And I definitely agree it would be a great concept for a Luigi's Mansion 3 setting. Plenty of good portrait ghost possibilities for one thing...

Also, I put that article/wishlist I had in video form:

I also added the interesting idea of having the final boss from one of the first games turn up on the ScareScraper roof (imagine fighting King Boo in his Bowser costume or in King Boo's Illusion instead of The Brain!), as well as that of all the mansion bosses being possible opponents in ScareScraper.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

10. Posted:

If it were to return to the concept of the original i would be all for it.

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

11. Posted:

Personally, I think many things from the original don't work as well as in the sequel. Sure the portrait ghosts were great and elements might be decent too, but the game structure really wasn't that different from the mission one in Dark Moon.

Heck, the areas were basically missions with no predefined objective. You explored mostly localised parts of the mansion (no bigger an area than that found in many Dark Moon missions), you returned to the lab once they were done and you had a boss fought at the end.

Anyone who seriously thinks there's much difference hasn't heard this theme:

That whole part of the game is basically the mission results screen.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoshisaredragon

12. Posted:

Dev wrote:

I definitely agree, although for the sake of freshness it won't be for another two years at least. Next time around, I would like for Luigi to rescue Princess Daisy instead of Mario yet again. And as far as new mansions, there should be a haunted lighthouse for an ocean theme, a factory, a hospital, or maybe even a school!

Daisy won't be in it, since miyamoto didn't make her, she won't be in it.

yoshisaredragon

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter: yoshisaredragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ammar003

13. Posted:

it would be awsome if luigi's mansion would be on wii u, I like 1,2 and dark moon but if their was luigi's mansion u for the wii u,nintendo would show their creativity they have I hope nintendo will make this game

ammar003

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

14. Posted:

I prefer the GCN original over DM. It still has much more personality I feel. I would like to see an HD version of Luigi's Mansion GCN, but without analogue triggers, I can't see it happening. :P

But on the topic at hand, I hope that, if there is a Wii U entry, it takes back the original's idea of minibosses all over the place. I also think it should only take place in one, gigantic, sprawling mansion, or maybe even a castle.

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

15. Posted:

i just want it to be creepy again, the "silly" ghosts in DM are really annoying me, although i haven't payed it but i will soon. I would really like it to actually be creepier than the original.

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

16. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I prefer the GCN original over DM. It still has much more personality I feel. I would like to see an HD version of Luigi's Mansion GCN, but without analogue triggers, I can't see it happening. :P

But on the topic at hand, I hope that, if there is a Wii U entry, it takes back the original's idea of minibosses all over the place. I also think it should only take place in one, gigantic, sprawling mansion, or maybe even a castle.

How did Luigi's Masion: Dark Moon fair on 3DS? The 3DS doesn't have analog triggers either.

This was brought up in the VC section, and it's a good point.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

17. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I prefer the GCN original over DM. It still has much more personality I feel. I would like to see an HD version of Luigi's Mansion GCN, but without analogue triggers, I can't see it happening. :P

But on the topic at hand, I hope that, if there is a Wii U entry, it takes back the original's idea of minibosses all over the place. I also think it should only take place in one, gigantic, sprawling mansion, or maybe even a castle.

How did Luigi's Masion: Dark Moon fair on 3DS? The 3DS doesn't have analog triggers either.

This was brought up in the VC section, and it's a good point.

It's fine without analog triggers, so I think releasing the original on the VC would be fine. But on topic I don't own a Wii U at the moment, but I plan on getting one eventually. A Luigi's Mansion U would be nice, it's not at the top of my wish list but I wouldn't be against it.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

18. Posted:

We just got one. I honestly think they should wait a long time before starting work on another game.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

19. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

We just got one. I honestly think they should wait a long time before starting work on another game.

I agree with you 100% I don't want Ninty waisting resources on something we just got.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

20. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I prefer the GCN original over DM. It still has much more personality I feel. I would like to see an HD version of Luigi's Mansion GCN, but without analogue triggers, I can't see it happening. :P

But on the topic at hand, I hope that, if there is a Wii U entry, it takes back the original's idea of minibosses all over the place. I also think it should only take place in one, gigantic, sprawling mansion, or maybe even a castle.

How did Luigi's Masion: Dark Moon fair on 3DS? The 3DS doesn't have analog triggers either.

This was brought up in the VC section, and it's a good point.

The original was somewhat built around the idea of analogue triggers, and it allowed for much greater precision when grabbing items and sucking up the ghosties. And don't try to convince me Dark Moon's vacuum mechanic is better, you should know by now that my nostalgia on this particular title completely clouds my judgement. ;)

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man