Forums

Topic: Is your patience with Nintendo wearing thin?

Posts 101 to 120 of 164

JoyBoy

Can someone make a thread about "Top 5 most whiny threads". I feel like voting. And pancakes, that's for sure.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Cream147

My patience with other gamers is wearing thin, that's for sure. Whilst I don't agree with Nintendo's decision about Swapnote, funnily enough that is not a turning point in my opinion of them. There are bigger fish to fry, other than a service that I virtually never used.

Cream147

JetForceSetGrind

Wii U is reminding me of the Gamecube days and for the first time since the N64 won't be my primary console this gen, so I've got nothing but good feelings with Nintendo. Love their systems, love their games.

JetForceSetGrind

shingi_70

I think the Wii U being like the gamecube is a great thing as the Cube is still my favorite console. This year has been okay for the Wii U and the tale end of it focused on more Wii centric software with next year bringing the games I want.

Donkey Kong
Yarn Toshi
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart
X

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JetForceSetGrind

Sony_70 wrote:

I think the Wii U being like the gamecube is a great thing as the Cube is still my favorite console. This year has been okay for the Wii U and the tale end of it focused on more Wii centric software with next year bringing the games I want.

Donkey Kong
Yarn Toshi
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart
X

Same, Gamecube was a tank and Nintendo's last hardware-competitive console to date. It might not have sold great and it might have been slightly niche but it was a workhorse and possibly the lowest-selling console to make a profit on R&D and the like for its producer. With that said, Nintendo would much rather appeal to the much larger Wii market but I'm not sure if that market wants to buy a traditional console again. I really hope the Wii U can at least hit Gamecube numbers of consoles and game sales, it's a great system.

EDIT: On a side note, given the Gamecube, I do trust Nintendo barring a Virtual Boy-level disaster to keep supporting a system for 4-5 years after release at least.

Edited on by JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

Blue_Dread

Please don't get me started on the Virtual Console services.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

shingi_70

I don't think the Wii Crowd is coming back anytime soon. I really think if Nintendo really wanted to pull in the Hardcore market they should have went with a marketing campgin that targeted the core gamer.

I still like this

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I was part of the Wii crowd(for the most part), and I'm back at the Wii U.

I'm one of those people that plays Wii Fit U, then Resident Evil in the same sitting. It's not that uncommon that Wii players played Mario Kart, COD, maybe a VC game, then Wii Fit or Sports.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Drewroxsox

I get annoyed with Nintendo every time they have a Nintendo direct, and they announce that games have been delayed. Delaying games 1 or 2 times a year is alright, but when it seems like they announce a game being delayed every other week, it gets on my nerves. I'd rather them not say release dates until they are 100% sure that that's when they will release it.

Drewroxsox

3DS Friend Code: 0044-3657-8530 | Nintendo Network ID: drewrox96

GuSolarFlare

^delays are better than low quality, unfinished or cancelled titles in my opinion

but I'd love a "surprise release" coming out of the blue, Eshop only and exactly DURING the Nintendo Direct! but that's just me dreaming....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CM30

GuSilverFlame wrote:

^delays are better than low quality, unfinished or cancelled titles in my opinion

but I'd love a "surprise release" coming out of the blue, Eshop only and exactly DURING the Nintendo Direct! but that's just me dreaming....

True. Then again, anything's better than a cancelled title. That has zero value to anyone.

But perhaps Nintendo do need to take the quality hit nowadays. I mean sure, it's okay to be idealistic sometimes, but often you just need some big games out at the right moment to sell the system. Nintendo having a lot of 'mostly done' games out next year would help the Wii U sales wise more than them having a bunch of 'perfect' games out in 2016.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Williaint

My patience for Nintendo isn't wearing thin, it's all the people who claim absolutes (That's not a vodka joke). Stuff like Nintendo is the only company that cancels/delays games" ," Nintendo NEVER did this, or Nintendo Never, did that" and "If [my favourite character] isn't in the Next Smash Bros. I , I will throw the Wii U I haven't bought yet, out the window" . The worst are like: "If they don't do this [my opinion] they are doomed to fail, and that would suit me fine because I don't want Nintendo to be just a game-developer, but I don't want to buy a Wii U, and I want them to fail so they will make games.... because, because, because, because of console generations before I was born I have other's mixed opinions to create truths for me, instead of a reasonable argument..."
Oh, Ol' Nintendo may be for the older crowd, 'cause I know how all you teens just love acting like "R" or "M" ratings, and invisible accomplishments make you more mature.

Williaint

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9725-5097 | Nintendo Network ID: kingredcastle

TheLilK98

Williaint wrote:

My patience for Nintendo isn't wearing thin, it's all the people who claim absolutes (That's not a vodka joke). Stuff like Nintendo is the only company that cancels/delays games" ," Nintendo NEVER did this, or Nintendo Never, did that" and "If [my favourite character] isn't in the Next Smash Bros. I , I will throw the Wii U I haven't bought yet, out the window" . The worst are like: "If they don't do this [my opinion] they are doomed to fail, and that would suit me fine because I don't want Nintendo to be just a game-developer, but I don't want to buy a Wii U, and I want them to fail so they will make games.... because, because, because, because of console generations before I was born I have other's mixed opinions to create truths for me, instead of a reasonable argument..."
Oh, Ol' Nintendo may be for the older crowd, 'cause I know how all you teens just love acting like "R" or "M" ratings, and invisible accomplishments make you more mature.

Yes. I bought a Wii U with a month's paycheck so I could brag about M ratings and in game achievements. Not a PS4, not an an Xbox One, a Wii U. That makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Sure.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

rockodoodle

Pretty much me. At that I bought the Wii late in its lifecycle- 2010 and only had a few games. I LOVE the Wii U tho. I have 20 retail titles and a few eShop ones. Had so much fun with it I've even given the 3ds a chance too. I've always liked Nintendo but missed a few systems- had a GB Advance, Gameboy, SNES. Just going to guess but I'll bet that the Wii U does numbers like the Gamecube or maybe a little better.

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I was part of the Wii crowd(for the most part), and I'm back at the Wii U.

I'm one of those people that plays Wii Fit U, then Resident Evil in the same sitting. It's not that uncommon that Wii players played Mario Kart, COD, maybe a VC game, then Wii Fit or Sports.

rockodoodle

shingi_70

Buy Wii Crowd I mean the same amount of people that made it a huge sales success aren't coming back in the same force Nintendo probably wants them too.

WAT!

LzWinky

Untitled

Need I say more?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

Buy Wii Crowd I mean the same amount of people that made it a huge sales success aren't coming back in the same force Nintendo probably wants them too.

If they do get into gaming again, though, Wii U will most likely be their first thought.

It only a matter of time before there's tons of software for the thing. It's been building gradually throughout the year while Sony and Microsoft are still trying to figure out how to make an effective launch.

BTW, played Knack today on a demo PS4 ar GameStop. W101 is better, IMO, although they are similar games to begin with.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Knack isn't really similar to W101 at all expect on the surface level Knack has more in common with Crash Banicoot or Skylanders than anything.

The problem with that thinking is the majority of the people who left the Wii upgraded to either the PS3 or Xbox 360 putting those familys in the MS/SOny line of thinking.

Microsoft and Sony already have better launch line ups than what the Wii U had last year and decent line ups. Looking at everything announced for Next Year PS4 already has the strongest line up of games launching for it, and will be matching or surpassing the Wii U software in less time than it took nintendo to ramp up.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.