Wii U Forum

Topic: The unofficial Nintendo third party games thread.

Showing 21 to 31 of 31

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shrapmo

21. Posted:

Alright I have already prepared myself for this debate! My first point.... oh, skywake already said what I was going to say!!! Dangit skywake!!!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

22. Posted:

Bayonetta is a first party game because Nintendo is funding and publishing it. :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

23. Posted:

Considering I only have Wikipedia to go off of, I won't argue with you, Skywake, even if I don't agree.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

24. Posted:

So did 2nd Parties like...vanish or something then? :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

25. Posted:

Even if Nintendo published it it's not a trademark Nintendo game, like Mario, or Zelda. Bayonetta has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Conduit 3, Wii u. Oh I so want it, if done right, can compete with halo.

Edited on by PhoenixUltra

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

26. Posted:

"Second Party" is indeed a non-term, but is usually used to refer to games like Bayonetta 2 (or Eternal Darkness), that are not made by the first party (Nintendo), but are either published by them, or made by a seperate studio that works exclusively with them.

Also, @PhoenixUltra

ProTip #1: The staff here does not typically allow threads that are titled "Official" so and so (because that implies the direct endorsement of NL). I suggest renaming the thread (as others have done for other threads) "The Unofficial Nintendo third party games thread."

ProTip #2: There is an "Edit" button for each of your posts. Please try and use it if possible instead of double-posting or triple-posting. Thanks.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

27. Posted:

k i did as you said.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

28. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Is this for confirmed lists, or another dreaming thread?

I took "official" to mean officially announced third party games, but now that it's the unofficial third party thread I guess we can dream. I'm most looking forward to Sonic Colors 2, BioShock U, and Xenoscrolls.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

29. Posted:

bioshock u would be awesome and crysis u.

Edited on by PhoenixUltra

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

30. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Considering I only have Wikipedia to go off of, I won't argue with you, Skywake, even if I don't agree.

LZBirdboi wrote:

Bayonetta is a first party game because Nintendo is funding and publishing it. :)

Guys really, you're wrong and there's no point arguing this. If Nintendo developed it it's First Party, if a developer external to but owned, supported or exclusive to Nintendo develops it it's second party, if anyone else develops it it's third party. To start saying that Nintendo publishing it makes it automatically first party is nonsense. If that was the case then a game like Layton is a third party in Japan but first party elsewhere...

Doesn't make any sense, look at the developer. If Nintendo is involved it's first party. If Nintendo owns that company or that company is Nintendo exclusive then you can call it a second party game. If the dev is also releasing games on other systems then it's third party. Down the road we might even see Bayonetta 2 on PC or something...

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

31. Posted:

skywake wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Considering I only have Wikipedia to go off of, I won't argue with you, Skywake, even if I don't agree.

LZBirdboi wrote:

Bayonetta is a first party game because Nintendo is funding and publishing it. :)

Guys really, you're wrong and there's no point arguing this. If Nintendo developed it it's First Party, if a developer external to but owned, supported or exclusive to Nintendo develops it it's second party, if anyone else develops it it's third party.

Right. And that's exactly why the term "second-party" came into being. Not just for exclusive non-first party developers, but also for those games that aren't first-party, but aren't purely third-party because of the nature of their production & distribution.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar