Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 121 to 140 of 416

martinskrtel37

PC + Nintendo has you covered.

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
I can't even get rid of my Xbox One, because it is technically shared by all of my family. We upgraded from PS3 to Xbox One, because of bluray playback, which is why we had PS3 to begin with, and we wanted the new device.

Why didn't you go from PS3 to PS4..?

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
I can't even get rid of my Xbox One, because it is technically shared by all of my family. We upgraded from PS3 to Xbox One, because of bluray playback, which is why we had PS3 to begin with, and we wanted the new device.

I've bought $150 worth of games on Xbox One, then I have all the Games with Gold games, so far. Also, I have SOME money; I just have to spend it more wisely and buy the games I want most, instead of everything I possibly can, which is what I was doing for a while.

EDIT: Hopefully Santa thought I was good, and there's always birthdays.

You could still technically sell the Xbox One still, people would just not be happy with you... until you show them Captain Toad Game of the Year

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

martinskrtel37 wrote:

PC + Nintendo has you covered.

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen

Or not go to anything at all? My PS3 still plays blurays just fine!

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen

I've bought $150 worth of games on Xbox One, then I have all the Games with Gold games, so far. Also, I have SOME money; I just have to spend it more wisely and buy the games I want most, instead of everything I possibly can, which is what I was doing for a while.

EDIT: Hopefully Santa thought I was good, and there's always birthdays.

Here's the problem with Hyrule Warriors. Yes there's a ton of content, Well over 200 hours but it will cost ya 85$ with tax to get all the content worth getting. Still plenty worth it imo.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

martinskrtel37 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen

I kind of run the technology shinanigans in my house, so I decided to go from PS3 to Xbox One, because I prefer Xbox One games, like Dead Rising 3, Halo, Gears, etc. I just find those games more fun than than anything PS4 has or will have.

@DefHalen
I could, but I would get in trouble, We were specifically supposed to have a machine that can run bluray discs. I bought Halo MC Collection and have some games on there, so it's not too bad. I just can't afford everything I would buy. It's not that big of a deal. I spend my money on other things, too, like e-cigs, energy drinks, and herbs. I choose to spend my money on consumables, instead of video games, so that has alot to do with why I don't buy as many games as I was.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen

I kind of run the technology shinanigans in my house, so I decided to go from PS3 to Xbox One, because I prefer Xbox One games, like Dead Rising 3, Halo, Gears, etc. I just find those games more fun than than anything PS4 has.

@DefHalen
I could, but I would get in trouble, We were specifically supposed to have a machine that can run bluray discs. I bought Halo MC Collection and have some games on there, so it's not too bad. I just can't afford everything I would buy. It's not that big of a deal. I spend my money on other things, too, like e-cigs, energy drinks, and herbs. I choose to spend my money on consumables, instead of video games, so that has alot to do with why I don't buy as many games as I was.

I am just giving you a hard time

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
I figured as much, but I still answered you.

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
I figured as much, but I still answered you.

Yea someone reading probably thought I was serious and appreciated your answers lol

skywake

SCAR392 wrote:

[We were specifically supposed to have a machine that can run bluray discs

Stand alone Blu-Ray players are like 1/5th of the price of an XBOne/PS4. That was only a reasonable reason to get a console back in early '07 when the PS3 was one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players on the market. At this point, on a good day, a Blu-Ray player can be cheaper than a game. Hell sometimes they do stupid deals where you buy something like five movies and they give you a Blu-Ray player.

Your house needs a better class of tech dude is what I'm saying

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DefHalan

skywake wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Stand alone Blu-Ray players are like 1/5th of the price of an XBOne/PS4. That was only a reasonable reason to get a console back in early '07 when the PS3 was one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players on the market. At this point, on a good day, a Blu-Ray player can be cheaper than a game. Hell sometimes they do stupid deals where you buy something like five movies and they give you a Blu-Ray player.

I probably would have gotten a PS4 or Xbox One if I didn't get a Blu-Ray player over a year ago for $50 (it doesn't have Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi version was $70)

Spoony_Tech

Lol, just picked up a Wi-Fi blu-ray for 50$ last week. I was shocked it had Wi-Fi

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

skywake wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I get what you're trying to say, but to be more specific, we wanted a bluray player that runs the new Xbox One games I was the one who talked my family into buying PS3, too, and we got it in 2009 when the slims first came out. In that case, we wanted a bluray player that played HD Playstation games. We didn't have an Xbox 360, either, so it made more sense to buy PS3 for bluray and whatever games we could get, without any exclusives or anything in mind.

Qwest

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

I probably would have gotten a PS4 or Xbox One if I didn't get a Blu-Ray player over a year ago for $50 (it doesn't have Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi version was $70)

WiFi? What do you need WiFi for? #EthernetNetworkingMasterrace

Also I think I should note that I was talking Australian prices. It could well be a completely different gap between consoles and Blu-Ray players in other regions. All I know is that here a brand-name Blu-Ray player is around $100AU and the PS4/XBOne are $600AU with a stack of games. I have three of them for some reason and have never really understood the "get consoles for movie playback" thing other than a couple of short periods where it made sense.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RR529

Only a 3DS, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (though I don't pay for games on it. Not that there's nothing interesting, it's just that it's darned near impossible to figure out what will or won't run on it, and I'd hate to throw down $10-$20 on a game only to have it not run...)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

heathenmagic

Wii U here, and me and my friends are all happy with our choice . Fun gaming, don't have time for any other next-gen consoles to be fair.

Have a 3DS XL and Wii
3DS friend code 3437-3127-2753

CaviarMeths

I wonder if anyone actually bought an Xbox One for the DVR capabilities. No idea what Microsoft was thinking when they put real R&D and marketing dollars behind the idea that a $500 box that can pause, rewind, and record live TV was a thing that people would be excited about in 2013.

"I'm pleased to reveal to the world this machine that can heat your food quickly and easily without losing nutritional value! It will revolutionize your kitchen! And it will play some games too! We call it the Microsoft Wavebox!"
-Microsoft in 2018, probably

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

SpookyMeths wrote:

I wonder if anyone actually bought an Xbox One for the DVR capabilities.

All I know is that Wii U was supposed to bet on people already having said DVR, with remote functions in TVii. That whole situation was pretty confusing to me, honestly. Xbox One doesn't even support antenna, without the adapter that I don't even think has come out in the U.S. yet, so all of it is useless. I wouldn't really use it anyway, but if I did...

They could send data through something like ARC, if they really wanted to, but hardly anything supports that 2 way communication via HDMI 4a/b.

Qwest

CaviarMeths

SCAR392 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

All I know is that Wii U was supposed to bet on people already having said DVR, with remote functions in TVii.

To be fair, so did the PS4. Sony and Nintendo both knew that people don't buy a console to watch TV. It may be a nice extra, but you don't throw your marketing behind that. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all bet on different horses for their next gen reveal, and it turns out that Sony was the winner. People wanted a powerful machine primarily designed to play games, a traditional controller, and a midrange price point. The multimedia stuff was just a nice extra that Sony threw in for free, like a car dealership throwing in a spare set of tires and extended warranty with your new $30,000 car.

andreoni79

At the moment I have a Wii U and a 360. I'm OK with the old MS console because there are still different games I'd love to try on it (especially those Goty editions of games like Disohonored, now fully pathced and with all the DLCs included for € 20) and I still enjoy replaying classics as Fallout 3, Dead Space or Dark Souls. And considering the great Nintendo line up for next year, I think I won't buy a PS4 until Xmas 2015.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

SCRAPPER392

SpookyMeths wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

All I know is that Wii U was supposed to bet on people already having said DVR, with remote functions in TVii.

To be fair, so did the PS4. Sony and Nintendo both knew that people don't buy a console to watch TV. It may be a nice extra, but you don't throw your marketing behind that. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all bet on different horses for their next gen reveal, and it turns out that Sony was the winner. People wanted a powerful machine primarily designed to play games, a traditional controller, and a midrange price point. The multimedia stuff was just a nice extra that Sony threw in for free, like a car dealership throwing in a spare set of tires and extended warranty with your new $30,000 car.

It depends on who you mean by "people". I speak for myself, at least, when I am still able to think outside of marketing. That's why I don't think advertising was all that important for Wii U, at first, because the only people I would think are going to care, are the people already paying attention.

The way I look at it, Microsoft figures people already know that Xbox One is going to have games. Telling people that Xbox One is going to have video games, is like saying your car is going to drive you places. I don't think car commercials are stupid when they put some focus on the center console where the screen is, in newer cars, which is actually what they have been putting focus on lately. I'm not frustrated at Honda when they say I can hook up my Android phone via bluetooth. That's how I feel about Xbox One bringing up TV as part of the interface. The focus was on TV, but we already know Xbox One will have games, so it doesn't make sense to me why the focus being on TV would irk people as they say it does.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.