Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 101 to 120 of 416

AlexSays

The idea that anyone who complains about a lack of games must be a child with a long break from school is pretty humorous.

1) not everyone shares your low standards for video games, people with higher standards are going to have a limited selection regardless the platform

2) not everyone is bad at managing their time, and those that fully utilize their 24 hours every day often find free time regardless of how much they work. In terms of hours/week occupied by professional activities, I'm likely in the 99th percentile on this site and I still find a way to play a few hours per week.

3) people play games for varying lengths. A game doesn't have to be completed 100% or even finished to be enjoyed, and a lot of people tire quickly of one game before moving onto another. That doesn't make those people any inferior to those of you that spend months completing one game to 100%, and thank holy Nintendo for their minimal offerings

Though these threads are intended for Nintendo fans to geometrically play with one another in a certain shape, therefore I expect this to fall upon deaf ears, and not because they are being covered by otherwise occupied hands.

AlexSays

Ralizah

I have a PC that's almost a next-gen system. It has held up well for a 3 year old gaming machine.

I'll probably hold off on getting a new PC (really need to upgrade all of the components) in favor of a PS4.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kyuubikid213

My modern gaming fix comes from my Wii U, 3DS, 360, and PC.

My 3DS gets the most game-time with the Wii U coming in second, followed by my 360 and then my PC.

My PC is a laptop and it's capable of running games from a couple years ago pretty decently. Sure, there are games like L.A. Noire that run like garbage and Skyrim runs between 20 and 30 fps, but it works.

If any of you have seen my posts, you'll know I'm in no rush to get a PS4 or One. As of right now, there's nothing on either console that makes them a must-buy. Over half of the games available on them are also available on my 360 and so far, the exclusives don't seem to warrant spending $400.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Toodles78

All I have is a Wii U. My laptop isn't great for gaming, and all I have on it is Minecraft, which runs pretty well on it.

Toodles78

3DS Friend Code: 5343-8103-1717 | Nintendo Network ID: Luckyduck54

skywake

AlexSays wrote:

The idea that anyone who complains about a lack of games must be a child with a long break from school is pretty humorous.

1) not everyone shares your low standards for video games, people with higher standards are going to have a limited selection regardless the platform

I said my backlog of games I that I still want to beat was around ten games. It includes Bastion, Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex: HR, Transistor, Child of Light, The Wonderful 101, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Earthbound. I don't think that's a particularly low standard for games. And the reason I don't get these finished is that whenever I sit down to play some games there'll be some new little indie game or something like Smash to pull me away from it.

Also because I always seem to somehow mantain an active backlog it does force me to usually raise my standard fairly significantly. For example there was no way I was going to buy Assassin's Creed Unity even though I'm sure it wasn't that bad when I had a decent number of games that got metacritic scores in the 90s to beat. However I could definitely make room for Smash Bros and Shovel Knight.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

AlexSays wrote:

2) not everyone is bad at managing their time, and those that fully utilize their 24 hours every day often find free time regardless of how much they work. In terms of hours/week occupied by professional activities, I'm likely in the 99th percentile on this site and I still find a way to play a few hours per week.

3) people play games for varying lengths. A game doesn't have to be completed 100% or even finished to be enjoyed, and a lot of people tire quickly of one game before moving onto another. That doesn't make those people any inferior to those of you that spend months completing one game to 100%, and thank holy Nintendo for their minimal offerings

Though these threads are intended for Nintendo fans to geometrically play with one another in a certain shape, therefore I expect this to fall upon deaf ears, and not because they are being covered by otherwise occupied hands.

Not necessarily. I'd agree that young kids with fewer commitments do have more time. I haven't gotten any worse at managing my time, but I stopped playing games for hours on end mid-high school.

I will say though, even if I had unlimited amounts of time, the Wii U would be 4th on my list of systems currently sold with games I want to play. So it's not all that "minimal" for me.

1. 3DS
2. PS3
3. Wii
4. Wii U
5. 360
6. PC/Mac OS
7. iOS
8. XB1
9. PS4

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

conman2012

For the last 2 years I have been Wii U only. Due to the games available and coming I am now sporting Wii U, 3DS and PS4.

3DS because its the "new" one, for Fire Emblem and for portable gaming and the PS4 as my 3rd party, Sony exclusive (Last of us pushed me over) and PC lite machine (as i have had PC's from back in the 1980's days onwards but I don't have the time to maintain a top of the line Gaming rig)

conman2012

Invader_Mars

I didn't have any interest in the Wii U, when it was announced. But I eventually got drawn to it in October, and since I sold my 3DS, this it is my main next-gen. console. I still own my Wii, PS2, 64, and GBA though.
I play on my PC and iPad as well, and still have a few Wii U games unopened from a BOGO in mid November.

Gonna open Hyrule Warriors one day....

Invader_Mars

Rexcalibr

I own a Wii U and an XBOX one but I rarely play my XBOX one and have been enjoying my Wii U much more.

Rexcalibr

Dreamz

No, my Wii U is for Nintendo exclusives. I have a high-end gaming PC for next gen gaming. And PS4/XB1 aren't next-gen, they're current gen; they're practically last gen by PC standards.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

RobSkillzz

I have an Xbox One as well. I have hardly turned it on lately other than to use it for Netflix and Hulu. Wii U and 3DS have been the only systems i've been gaming on lately.

RobSkillzz

3DS Friend Code: 4613-8228-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: RobSkillzz

SCRAPPER392

Ya. I basically go between playing Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Master Chief Collection. I also use my Xbox One for Netflix, and the Wii U for internet. I've beaten most of my games on Wii U, so I'm basically stuck playing the games that have alot of replay value.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RudyC3

I do own exclusively a Wii U from this generation of consoles (and only a Wii from the previous). I'm good with all the games I have for it. I've already put 150+ hours in both ZombiU and Resident Evil Revelations' RAID mode, not counting all the other greats and since my time for gaming is limited, I'm quite happy with the amount of games that came out so far, and looking forward to more greats coming out in 2015 . I have like... 5 retail Wii U games I still haven't finished, too (the two batman arkham games, AC IV, rayman legends and mess effect 3) and about as many eShop games unifnished too, and haven't bought some that are out already (bayonetta 1 & 2, Hyrule warriors, Lego City and Splinter Cell which I DO plan to purchase) so yeah, I am happy with all the gaming that I have yet to do on Nintendo's system . Currently playing through Zombi U still (beating Survival mode) and Deus Ex. Both great games IMHO!

RudyC3

Twitter:

Imerion

Only Wii U and 3DS for me this generation. With those two systems combined and all big releases together with loads of indie-games I seem to have plently to play all the time between those two. So I wouldn't have room/time for another system this gen. Would more 3rd party games come out for any of those I would probably get those games though, and play a little less of each game I get instead.

My Nintendo game log! : The Switchlog My games: Neotron & E2 Games My 3DS game archive: 3DS Download Play Archive

LzWinky

I own one for current-gen gaming

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya. I basically go between playing Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Master Chief Collection. I also use my Xbox One for Netflix, and the Wii U for internet. I've beaten most of my games on Wii U, so I'm basically stuck playing the games that have alot of replay value.

I strongly recommend Hyrule Warriors then, it has so much content that it take hundreds of hours to complete!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Justlink

i Only need Wii U

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

SCRAPPER392

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I strongly recommend Hyrule Warriors then, it has so much content that it take hundreds of hours to complete!

Lack of games definitely isn't the problem. I just can't afford all of them. I still don't have Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1 & 2, W101, and a handful of indie games I would buy if I had more dolla's. I would probably buy a few other games and some amiibos, too, but ya.

I've already spent like $900 worth of games on Wii U, too. So I have alot of games for Wii U. I just played Wii U too much

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Lack of games definitely isn't the problem. I just can't afford all of them. I still don't have Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1 & 2, W101, and a handful of indie games I would buy if I had more dolla's. I would probably buy a few other games and some amiibos, too, but ya.

I've already spent like $900 worth of games on Wii U, too. So I have alot of games for Wii U. I just played Wii U too much

I bet selling your Xbox One and its games would give you some money to buy some of the best games of the year

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
I can't even get rid of my Xbox One, because it is technically shared by all of my family. We upgraded from PS3 to Xbox One, because of bluray playback, which is why we had PS3 to begin with, and we wanted the new device.

I've bought $150 worth of games on Xbox One, then I have all the Games with Gold games, so far. Also, I have SOME money; I just have to spend it more wisely and buy the games I want most, instead of everything I possibly can, which is what I was doing for a while.

EDIT: Hopefully Santa thought I was good, and there's always birthdays.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.