Forums

Topic: First Wii U Game review

Posts 101 to 108 of 108

Xilef

Is the Gampad in Batman begin forced to use or could you just "turn it off"?

Xilef

moomoo

Xilef wrote:

Is the Gampad in Batman begin forced to use or could you just "turn it off"?

It's being forced. As to why, I don't really know. What's really weird is that you have to play with the gamepad, meaning you can't play with a pro controller. You can't really turn the features off. Still, some of them can be done using the joysticks, but others, like drawing the bat sign for explosive stuff, can't. Menus are now a hassle to go through too, not being as easy to get through because they're being forced on the touch screen (which is somewhat odd too). Hacking now takes much longer, since it uses a minigame for its uses rather than just tilting the sticks like before. Think along the lines of Bioshock. The gyroscope is forced on the batclaw and baterang, which should be fine since you can control with the sticks, but the gyro will still affect it. Sort of like in Ocarina of Time 3D, except you can't turn it off.

Once again, this is still a very solid game, but it's inferior because stuff is being forced on it. I feel Destructoid reviewed it based on the original release, while IGN reviewed it on it's own merits (although the score doesn't really make sense for them, since the one minus IGN points out is the one thing the game changes: gamepad usage. The lead commenter even points it out.)

EDIT: It also comes with all the DLC, which is nice. Just to point it out to people.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Auracle

Has anyone seen any Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed reviews yet? I think IGN has one, but I can't seem to access the site.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

PinkSpider

@Xilef you don't have to use the game pad features on Batman if you don't want to

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

TheKingOfTown

Zombi U review in GameTrailers 5.0: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/zombiu/b/wii_u/archive/2012...

And review in IGN 6.3: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/18/zombiu-review

Seems as if ZombiU reviews are pretty mixed, with some loving it, some disliking it.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

TysonOfTime

Wait, are the Batman GamePad features able to be turned off or not?

Anyways, DToid just gave Zombi U an 8, and Rabbids Land a 5.

Real shocker on the last one, eh?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

pntjr

The Verge should also be ignored, they lie lie lie and lie.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.