Forums

Topic: Dead Island:Riptide OXM 4/10....I Told you so

Posts 1 to 20 of 63

MEGAMAN_D

So a little while back we got the news that dead island riptide would be skipping the wii u, But when myself and certain others said we were not bothered we were met with comments like "oh, coz it's not on the wii u it's rubbish"

NO! it's because a rubbish game is a rubbish game, the first one was rubbish and the second one looked rubbish.

But you watch them fools on IGN give this game a whooping score.

Anyway, what do you guys think ?

MEGAMAN_D

MAB

Yeah I know I find it rather amusing when 'other' gamers tell me I'm missing out on buying a stinker

MAB

V8_Ninja

I just checked the Metacritic page for Dead Island: Riptide.

Gamespot gave the game 4 out of 10.

I am absolutely stunned.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Lan

I hate how some gamers put so much weight into review scores. Tons of games I enjoyed as a kid have shitty reviews. No one sees games the same as you do. That 4/10 is just one man's (or lady's) opinion.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Beta

Lan wrote:

I hate how some gamers put so much weight into review scores. Tons of games I enjoyed as a kid have shitty reviews. No one sees games the same as you do. That 4/10 is just one man's (or lady's) opinion.

Exactly my point! I don't see any point why would a review decide your purchase, your likings is the only thing that should influence your purchase. Yes, reviews are sometimes good since you see what the positives and negatives are, then see if they're things that put you off or not, but scores should never influence you.
But in any case, I don't really care, isn't my type of games, anyway.

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

MEGAMAN_D

I don't listen to reviews either

My point was if a nintendo fan isn't bothered by the fact that an average looking game is skipping their platform of choice, we get slammed for being butt-hurt.

And that IGN review proves my point further, they praise a game for being more of the same ?? while almost every other review says otherwise.

But I'll be honest, if you enjoyed the first dead island game then you will probably enjoy the second.

Edit: Let me try to explain why this kind of attitude really gets under my skin. IGN gave zombi u a bad score as did gamespot, not to mention that DI:riptide will probably sell a lot better than zombi u did.

Now I'm pretty sure that most of you will agree that zombi u is the better game, It's scarier, it's more innovative, it looks better, it has a better story, it's just a zombie better game.

But if something that lacks effort and imagination gets better reviews and sells better, then what does that mean.

It means that in time developers will be to scared to think outside the box and will just stick to cut and paste yearly jobs, because that's what "real gamers" seem to want.

Edited on by MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D

Aviator

sonic-doom wrote:

we get slammed for being butt-hurt.

Because most nintendo fans don't realise that not receiving games, no matter how good/bad they are, is bad for any console, especially one that is new, and isn't performing that well.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Chrono_Cross

You might as well flame every huge site on the net then. Just because IGN made you throw a little tantrum a few years ago because your favorite game got a 8.7 instead of an 8.8 doesn't mean that it is terrible or bad or biased or ignorant or the other names every hater comes up with.

Also, some day (if it hasn't happened already Skyward Sword ), Nintendolife will fall into the same situation IGN, Machinima, Game Informer, Nintendo Power (was), GameSpot, GameTrailers, JoyStiq and GoNintendo are in.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Lan

Chrono_Cross wrote:

You might as well flame every huge site on the net then. Just because IGN made you throw a little tantrum a few years ago because your favorite game got a 8.7 instead of an 8.8 doesn't mean that it is terrible or bad or biased or ignorant or the other names every hater comes up with.

Also, some day (if it hasn't happened already Skyward Sword ), Nintendolife will fall into the same situation IGN, Machinima, Game Informer, Nintendo Power (was), GameSpot, GameTrailers, JoyStiq and GoNintendo are in.

Not flaming, just providing a link. I don't care about review scores. I want facts about the game, general consensus of the gaming community, maybe a demo. Unbiased, objective material, stuff like WTF is.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Chrono_Cross

It was more directed towards every person who thinks IGN was created from black magic and solely summoned to bash Nintendo.

Though, I won't be surprised when people copy and paste your link as some sort of evidence.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Phatosaurus

>Reviews

LOL!

Sign up to a rental service, rent the games that interest you and play them. Buy the ones that you enjoy the most.

Don't let someone else's opinion influence your own before you have even formed it.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

DefHalan

Lan wrote:

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

Phatosaurus wrote:

/90% of the country :/

but yeah, people have bad opinions when complaining about which games are on or not on Wii U. It doesn't have Bioshock and originally seemingly didn't have Watch Dogs, but no, the sequel to the zombie game everyone was disappointed by, that's what will save the Wii U!!!! Really?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

I agree reviews don't really matter. I've played tons of games that got good scores, but I didn't even like all of them.
I'd say a poor score usually does indicate a bad game, though. Once it gets under a 6, the game is usually officially trash.
I can almost guarantee Uncharted 2, Bioshock 2, Ratchet & Clank, Assassin's Creed, and Bioshock Infinite(just heard this one was bad from non reviewers and didn't actually play) reviews were paid off, because I thought they were boring as hell, and I bought them based on my own interest of the first title(Bioshock and Uncharted), or heard they were good and decided to try them.
Reviews for games have probably been more wrong this gen than any other gen because the digital availability and triple AAA titles that are more of the same that costed millions in soley resources without any inspiration to make it any better.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

tickling

The WiiU needs multiplatform games it is is fact whether you like it or not. Dead Island from what I am seeing is getting poor reviews as its basically more of the same and nothing different.

tickling

SCRAPPER392

tickling wrote:

The WiiU needs multiplatform games it is is fact whether you like it or not. Dead Island from what I am seeing is getting poor reviews as its basically more of the same and nothing different.

People aren't bashing multiplatform games. We want the multiplatform games, just not the crappy ones.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.