Wii U Forum

Topic: Dead Island:Riptide OXM 4/10....I Told you so

Showing 21 to 40 of 65

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

21. Posted:

tickling wrote:

The WiiU needs multiplatform games it is is fact whether you like it or not. Dead Island from what I am seeing is getting poor reviews as its basically more of the same and nothing different.

People aren't bashing multiplatform games. We want the multiplatform games, just not the crappy ones.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

22. Posted:

There are plenty of game I have enjoyed with Bad Review Scores.
Bionic Commando (Xbox 360)
Shadowrun (Xbox 360)
ZombiU (Wii U)
Universe At War (PC)
Robocalypse (DS)
Deep Labyrinth (DS)
Aliens vs Predator (Xbox 360)
and many more I cannot think of right now

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

23. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

There are plenty of game I have enjoyed with Bad Review Scores.
Bionic Commando (Xbox 360)
Shadowrun (Xbox 360)
ZombiU (Wii U)
Universe At War (PC)
Robocalypse (DS)
Deep Labyrinth (DS)
Aliens vs Predator (Xbox 360)
and many more I cannot think of right now

I agree. There can be games with bad scores that are good, but bad games with good scores. I've seen more bad games with good scores as of late though...
It really depends, but reviews are mainly an after thought for me at least.
I bought ZombiU on launch day, and I thought it was pretty fun. The only reason why I lost heart and quit playing it was because of the nursery glitch that I encountered along with alot of other people.

Really, it's what you like most in your games, but we already know some reviewers get bribed for better scores and some people just like games that I would think are crap, so not all can be trusted.
Uncharted 2 and Bioshock 2 getting good scores that I thought were overrated was my queue to add salt to many reviews.
Usually games are rated too high, not too low though, IMO.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

24. Posted:

IGN gave it a 7.4 (and GameInformer gave it an 8!) saying it doesn't bring much new to the table, but is still fun. Same thing can be said about New Super Mario Bros. According to playstation magazine "By far the game’s biggest problem: a crippling lack of invention.". Again, something that can be said about a good amount of Nintendo games. The real reason all the Nintendo fanboys are hating on this game is 'cause they can't play it. Sour grapes.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

25. Posted:

^So I'm guessing you want to buy it then^

Didn't think so ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Razalom

26. Posted:

I liked the first one and that also got pretty bad reviews but a lot of my friends enjoyed it for what it was. Mindless smash zombies with a thousand different weapons.

More of the same I guess cant be bad :)

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

27. Posted:

@SkywardLink98
No one is hating on it, because it's not coming to Wii U. It's more of the same that I didn't like the first time, that's why I don't want it at all. I have a PS3, and I'm still not getting it.
Most people that say they don't want these games, genuinely just don't want the game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

28. Posted:

We should be wanting a Dead Rising if anything when it comes to zombies, anyway.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

29. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

IGN gave it a 7.4 saying it doesn't bring much new to the table, but is still fun. Same thing can be said about New Super Mario Bros. According to playstation magazine "By far the game’s biggest problem: a crippling lack of invention.". Again, something that can be said about a good amount of Nintendo games. The really reason all the Nintendo fanboys are hating on this game is 'cause they can't play it. Sour grapes.

Generic assumptions. Boring.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MEGAMAN_D

30. Posted:

@SkywardLink98

er.....no you can't

apart from mario kart and new super mario bros, most of nintendos games offer significant differences and/or upgrades when compared to their predecessors.

mario 64 and mario galaxy

zelda twilight princess and skyward sword

metroid prime and metroid other m

lylat wars and starfox adventures

donkey kong jungle beat and donkey kong country returns

Think before you type

MEGAMAN_D

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MEGAMAN_D

31. Posted:

@EdJericho

when you say redsteel syndrome I hope you don't mean redsteel 2 because that game was awesome.

Zombi u is a superb game, and anybody turning their nose up at it IS missing out.

What makes me laugh is when zombi u got a poor score every hater was like "ohhh look, told you it was crap" but now dead island riptide has received a pasting "oh reviews don't matter, it's about what WE like"

These fools have double standards

And for the record the point of this thread was not to hate on dead island, but just to point out that typical hater logic rarely makes sense.

MEGAMAN_D

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

32. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

IGN gave it a 7.4 saying it doesn't bring much new to the table, but is still fun. Same thing can be said about New Super Mario Bros. According to playstation magazine "By far the game’s biggest problem: a crippling lack of invention.". Again, something that can be said about a good amount of Nintendo games. The really reason all the Nintendo fanboys are hating on this game is 'cause they can't play it. Sour grapes.

But i'm not hating on it. :V

-Über Nintendo Fanboy

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

33. Posted:

When plenty of games skip the Wii U it's not really about 'Oh it'll probably suck anyway so I don't want it - no big loss'. Together all those games would have equalled some sales for the Wii U, which would have boosted the system. Yes, one game skipping Wii U is no big loss, but when people post the same thing on over 10 articles stating that yet another game is skipping the Wii U, they're obviously not seeing the problem.

Aviator wrote:

Lan wrote:

I don't care about review scores.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/11/rayman_origins_wi...

You can be someone who doesn't focus on review scores when buying a product by actually reading the review, and someone who believes that they shouldn't be around anymore because the industry would be better without them - it doesn't mean one cant be startled when a very high/low score is given out. That's ridiculous, and doesn't disprove his point.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

andreoni79

34. Posted:

Well, I bought a new copy of the first Dead Island for 360, fully patched and with some extra for 20 €. And it was funny. But people who bought it at day one for 60 € obviously went mad about glitches etc.
Maybe I'll buy Riptide at the same conditions next year, but I won't be able to do it for my Wii U...

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0122-8322

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

35. Posted:

Ok, everyone disagreeing with me, let me pull up some comments from the article about is skipping the Wii U (Hope no one minds me quoting them, if you don't want me to, I'll remove it) "good dead island is poop, we dont need shovelware on wii u" "Dead island is a bad game, so it doesn't bother me." "Well I heard the 1st Dead Island freaking SUCKED RHINO POOP" Sounds like sour grapes to me.
@Sonic-doom Super Mario Galaxy to Super Mario Galaxy 2. LoZ: ALttP to LoZ: LA. Metroid Prime to Metroid Prime 2. And those are just the games I've played since buying a Wii (Wii was my first Nintendo system). If you're wondering why it's mainly sequels is because Dead Island 2 is a sequel, so compare some sequels, not different games. "Think before you type".
@SCAR392 I thought it was pretty obvious that a decent amount of people were hating on the game when they found out it wasn't coming to the Wii U.
@MadAussieBloke Actually, I would buy it if I had money and I had some friends to play it with :/ (Oh, and if my backlog didn't include nearly 30 games)

Edited on by SkywardLink98

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EdJericho

36. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

We should be wanting a sequel to Zombie Panic in Wonderland if anything when it comes to zombies, anyway.

Fixed

sonic-doom wrote:

@EdJericho

when you say redsteel syndrome I hope you don't mean redsteel 2 because that game was awesome.

Zombi u is a superb game, and anybody turning their nose up at it IS missing out.

What makes me laugh is when zombi u got a poor score every hater was like "ohhh look, told you it was crap" but now dead island riptide has received a pasting "oh reviews don't matter, it's about what WE like"

These fools have double standards

And for the record the point of this thread was not to hate on dead island, but just to point out that typical hater logic rarely makes sense.

When I say Red Steel syndrome I mean it was a game hyped to be the cool hardcore edgy game for Wii yet fell flat and was just pretty much terrible and once again tried to do the same with ZombiU.

The same could be said about Dead Island by people who love that game instead.

Well I don't know about these haters but I don't care about Dead Island either, along with most zombie games over all. I remember some friends in sites and forums going crazy over the first Dead Island trailer (that stupid time stop whatever one) saying that this game was gonna be amazing and it didn't even show any game play and I'm just thinking to myself "really?". So seeing that this new Dead Island is getting bad reviews just like ZombiU is pretty hilarious to me also, but it'll more than likely sell anyway.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MEGAMAN_D

37. Posted:

@SkywardLink

metroid prime 1,2 and especially 3 are different enough to divide preference, so in my opinion the developers did enough to keep up the quality.

Same with galaxy 1 and 2, And you said "good amount"

if your referring to their spin off's then your right, but not their main games.

The problem with dead island 2 is that it seems to just be a cut and paste job and lacks any new features, even mario galaxy 2 had NEW features and environments.

MEGAMAN_D

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

38. Posted:

Eh, all of you hating on Dead Island. I had lots of fun with the first game despite the fact it is super glitchy. Some of the best co-op I've had in awhile.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

39. Posted:

@SkywardLink

You are wrong though.

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

40. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Ok, everyone disagreeing with me, let me pull up some comments from the article about is skipping the Wii U (Hope no one minds me quoting them, if you don't want me to, I'll remove it) "good dead island is poop, we dont need shovelware on wii u" "Dead island is a bad game, so it doesn't bother me." "Well I heard the 1st Dead Island freaking SUCKED RHINO POOP" Sounds like sour grapes to me.

@SCAR392 I thought it was pretty obvious that a decent amount of people were hating on the game when they found out it wasn't coming to the Wii U.

I think in most cases you are right. I don't think any of those comments you pulled represent your point you are trying to make. But, yes, most of the time Nintendo fans will hate a game just because it's not put on a Nintendo platform just look at any FPS(all FPS are junk until it is one released on a Nintendo platform then it is better on the Nintendo system) and any EA game.

Not to stir up arguments or flame wars but I see his point.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com