Forums

Topic: Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 190

Razalom

Schprocket wrote:

I was doing ok with the FAL then fell into a hole so I've gone back to the default AR when not using the pimped MP7.

Still love the FAL here Been using the PDW a fair bit as well to mix it up but my old reflexes are not so hot for running and gunning

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

Cubits

I was curious to see if the wiimote had actually been slugged with an accuracy nerf to counteract the improved ability to free-aim it offers. Many, many people swore that the wiimote suffered from less hipfire accuracy and more recoil.

Since i couldn't find any data on the subject, i took five minutes and performed a fairly rudimentary experiment. The results are actually a LOT closer than i thought they were, to the point that i doubt that there is any difference at all! I know the distance this was performed over was quite short, but the test wall was nicely patterned to catch anomalies.

DA hipfire spray with the stock MTAR
Untitled

Wiimote hipfire with MTAR
Untitled

DA ADS rise with stock MP7
Untitled

Wiimote ADS rise with stock MP7
Untitled

Both controllers exhibited ADS rise which went juuust past the top of the wall every time, although the amount of horizontal drift varied (randomised drift).

I also enlisted the help of a willing audience member to see if the aimbot counteracted rise. It didn't. I mean, it's still incredibly powerful, picking up enemies behind THICK walls, but in terms of actual gun on gun it didn't seem to make the weapons more accurate than a wiimoter could manage without the help. Both the hipfire and ADS results were incredibly close, and repeated numerous times.

Note: I'm still not sure if there is a difference when moving (it's a harder test to perform reliably), but i can't see why there would be.

Cubits

SCRAPPER392

I tried using Wii remote a couple times without messing with the settings, but I didn't like it as much as traditional controls. I can see why people would like it for quicker aiming and more interactive controls, but I wouldn't use it unless I was short of regular remotes. If I mess with the sensitivity of the aiming speed, I think I would like it, but there's no way to test the controls without being in game(not a problem for campaign), so I just stuck with the Gamepad. Really is cool though. Wii U version kills the other consoles for control options, having splitscreen using Gamepad, motion aiming, and classic/pro controller support.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Schprocket

So fellow CoD-playing Ninty Lifers, what's your time-zones in UTC/GMT ?

Mine's +8

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

Sjoerd

I'm at +1! Haven't had much time to play online, I'd like to join you all once though!

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

Schprocket

Sjoerd wrote:

I'm at +1! Haven't had much time to play online, I'd like to join you all once though!

I saw you last night, mate, but it was about 2330 here and I was just getting out of the game... actually it's midnight now... goodnight !

Razalom

+9 atm but goes to +11 during AU Winter/EU Summer.

Razalom

Also had some fun games last night on Domination. Just wish more players would just select that over boring TDM.

Undead_terror

Also, here is a gameplay video I recorded of the rare CE digital camo.

could only get the camo if you got the harden/care packeage edition.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Schprocket wrote:

@TheKingOfTown I think it's horses for courses with guns except it extends to which particular gun in any given range that you use.

I'm one unlock off the the KAM (?) for pistols but after using all of the others I've stuck with the B23R.

My sons - both wayyyy better players than I am - swear by the Remy, using long-barrel (range) and laser (hip-fire).

I was doing ok with the FAL then fell into a hole so I've gone back to the default AR when not using the pimped MP7.

Played the PS3 version at my son's place on the weekend so of course I had no custom classes unlocked. Went with the LMG with the tracking sight and - for my ability - I cleaned up quite nicely, racing through the first half a dozen levels... knowing your way around the maps helps heaps in this game...

What post are you replying to...?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

SuperJoon

The only thing i dont like on this game, is people camping with a Target Finder on there SMG. As well as people spraying and praying while using Wii Motes.

Edited on by SuperJoon

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Razalom

SuperJoon wrote:

The only thing i dont like on this game, is people camping with a Target Finder on there SMG. As well as people spraying and praying while using Wii Motes.

I take it you mean LMG not SMG there.

Ecto-1

SCAR392 wrote:

I tried using Wii remote a couple times without messing with the settings, but I didn't like it as much as traditional controls. I can see why people would like it for quicker aiming and more interactive controls, but I wouldn't use it unless I was short of regular remotes. If I mess with the sensitivity of the aiming speed, I think I would like it, but there's no way to test the controls without being in game(not a problem for campaign), so I just stuck with the Gamepad. Really is cool though. Wii U version kills the other consoles for control options, having splitscreen using Gamepad, motion aiming, and classic/pro controller support.

If you want to mess with pointer settings, just start a custom match with no other players and tweak the sensitivity to your heart's content.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Razalom

Well the long awaited Wii U patch is now available to download and updates the Wii U to same version as the PS360.

Schprocket

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Schprocket wrote:

@TheKingOfTown I think it's horses for courses with guns except it extends to which particular gun in any given range that you use.

I'm one unlock off the the KAM (?) for pistols but after using all of the others I've stuck with the B23R.

My sons - both wayyyy better players than I am - swear by the Remy, using long-barrel (range) and laser (hip-fire).

---8<----------

What post are you replying to...?

Your post at #93....

Schprocket

Razalom wrote:

Well the long awaited Wii U patch is now available to download and updates the Wii U to same version as the PS360.

Yay!....

Shrapmo

It appears the patch has made it possible to use the Home button in more than just Campaign now, was trying that out and it worked from the main menu of Multiplayer.

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

Dizzy_Boy

I've had it glitch a few times while playing after the update. mainly throwing lethal and tactil grenades, and using the R stick knife.
I also did see a floating gun moving around in one match, very creepy.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.