Wii U Forum

Topic: 3DS player on Wii U like Gameboy Player for Gamecube

Showing 1 to 20 of 28

AuthorMessage
Zael

Zael

1. Posted:

What do you think, could this be a great idea to improve wii u sales and cover the absence of some games like sf4 or doa or jrpg that are on 3ds or ds?
As you remember the gameboy player was released during the gba life and read gba gbc and gb games.
Can we ask this to nintendo? or is it too early?

Edited on by LztheQuack

Zael

AuthorMessage
MAB

MAB

2. Posted:

The only good game on 3DS is RE Revelaitions but you can already get the better HD version on WiiU anyway... No point really ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai

3. Posted:

Not sure how it would work given the 3DS's dual-screen setup and touch screen. Even with the gamepad, just doesn't sound like it would work to me.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Zael

Zael

4. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Not sure how it would work given the 3DS's dual-screen setup and touch screen. Even with the gamepad, just doesn't sound like it would work to me.

Basically the gamepad has the same function of the second touch screen of ds 3ds, The first screen of tv corresponds to the first screen of 3ds ds which isn't a touch screen.

Zael

AuthorMessage
Zael

Zael

5. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

The only good game on 3DS is RE Revelaitions but you can already get the better HD version on WiiU anyway... No point really ;)

Well I think there are many other games good on 3ds, also masterpieces like fire emblem or luigi's mansion, and also all the ds games :)
I would be the first to buy a similar peripheral, it could cost less of a 3ds standard

Zael

AuthorMessage
8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai

6. Posted:

Zael wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Not sure how it would work given the 3DS's dual-screen setup and touch screen. Even with the gamepad, just doesn't sound like it would work to me.

Basically the gamepad has the same function of the second touch screen of ds 3ds, The first screen of tv corresponds to the first screen of 3ds ds which isn't a touch screen.

Would work with a lot of games, but the problem would be like this
[youtube:Bz9Kc3leF4s]
The screens are just far too separated for most games, methinks.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Zael

Zael

7. Posted:

it would be compatible only with a part of games (excluding the similars to yoshi's island ds), but I think that it would work well for the most part
for example it would work well for games like castlevania fire emblem street fighter 4 doa etrian odissey etc.. They could also create a only digital distribution to avoid the bad working games.
But I think that games like yoshi ds, which uses the two screen like one vertical, are only the 10% ?

Edited on by Zael

Zael

AuthorMessage
faint

faint

8. Posted:

Why does this thread keep getting remade. I must have seen this exact topic started at least a dozen times.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
cookiex

cookiex

9. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

The only good game on 3DS is RE Revelaitions but you can already get the better HD version on WiiU anyway... No point really ;)

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
MAB

MAB

10. Posted:

[quote=MadAussieBloke]

cookiex wrote:

The only good game on 3DS is RE Revelaitions but you can already get the better HD version on WiiU anyway... No point really ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton

11. Posted:

faint wrote:

Why does this thread keep getting remade. I must have seen this exact topic started at least a dozen times.

YES, BUT THIS ONE IS IN CAPS LOCK, SO IT MUST BE THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
MrGawain

MrGawain

12. Posted:

If you upscale 3ds visuals, you would notice they aren't all that HD and would look a bit pants on a 47inch Plasma. They're fine for the little screen and should remain there. Plus portable games have a different pacing to Console games- 10 minutes to an hour bursts as opposed to hour plus sessions wandering around sandbox levels.

Before any great reveal for a Nintendo game, must come an advert full of XB1 non gameplay cutscenes.

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

13. Posted:

it would be cool for Pokémon!!!!! but only if it allowed to play in accelerated speed(Like GB tower in Pokémon stadium 2)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
willobee

willobee

14. Posted:

Just buy a 2DS if you want a cheap way to play 3DS games...

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
bezerker99

bezerker99

15. Posted:

I don't want my 3DS games on the big screen.

"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
All work and no play makes Zerk a dull boy.
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D Review
My name in a video game.

Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

16. Posted:

willobee wrote:

Just buy a 2DS if you want a cheap way to play 3DS games...

but, for me, this isn't about cheap 3DS playing(especially because I have one already :p ) it's about accelerating the parts you don't like AND the parts you want to have fast action! and I hope it's the same for the others, I see no other reason to make a game get ugly upscaling it other than the sheer speed you can get playing 3DS stuff in a WiiU....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

17. Posted:

Would it help with sales? No.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

18. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Would it help with sales? No.

would it be amazing to play UGLY mario kart at F-Zero speed? YES!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Emblem

Emblem

19. Posted:

MrGawain wrote:

If you upscale 3ds visuals, you would notice they aren't all that HD and would look a bit pants on a 47inch Plasma. They're fine for the little screen and should remain there. Plus portable games have a different pacing to Console games- 10 minutes to an hour bursts as opposed to hour plus sessions wandering around sandbox levels.

This, even on a 22inch HD screen a 3DS game would look horrible. Just buy a 3DS if you want 3DS games they are totally worth it.

Emblem

AuthorMessage
777nicholas362

777nicholas362

20. Posted:

Zael wrote:

What do you think, could this be a great idea to improve wii u sales and cover the absence of some games like sf4 or doa or jrpg that are on 3ds or ds?
As you remember the gameboy player was released during the gba life and read gba gbc and gb games.
Can we ask this to nintendo? or is it too early?

i actually had this idea b4 but i never made a thread. i think nintendo will do it to rival the vita tv.

Hey I'm doin a Super Mario 64 Let's Play and I will do a Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Tooie and more let's Plays. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/carolebeni30 DON'T WATCH MY OLDER VIDEOS!!! PLEEEZ