Wii U Forum

Topic: 3D Mario rumors and speculation thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 126

AuthorMessage

WebHead

101. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

A rumor has stated that the new game will be titled Super Mario Retroverse U.

yoshisaredragon wrote:

A new art style is needed bad

The most BS suggestion people keep making on the Mario series. And if they did change the art style people would still complain. -.-

Saw that. It was supposedly one of the rumored titles.

And I think the 3D Land art style will most likely be used.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

102. Posted:

I believe the next game is going to be a Galaxy 3, which I don't mind really. I saw one person in this thread say they want something new, and not another Galaxy. I actually like the concept of the Galaxy, and to be honest there isn't a lot else to go for. Heck, they could do what they did with Sunshine and have him end up in some kind of city as the main hub, and you have to go through many different area's (which multiple levels) collecting stars. Although I doubt this will happen. It could even be similar to Mario 3D Land, which I don't want for the Wii U version...please no. 3D land was bad in my opinion.

I don't see any problem with having another Galaxy, and I'd love to have another, actually. The concept may be the same, but you should keep in mind THE EXECUTION is different. The levels are different, etc. Mario levels are usually very creative, and sometimes actually pretty challenging. I've had a rough time on some Galaxy levels which made me have to retry it over and over again until I finally get it right, and I'm a pretty well seasoned player.

Difficulty aside, I won't mind if it's the same Galaxy, though when I started typing my thoughts here...I came up with that "Heck, that could do what they did with Sunshine", and that got me to think I'd rather like to see that than another Galaxy. (But don't get me wrong, I'd still be fine with Galaxy 3.)

I don't think we'll be disappointed this E3, considering the rumors from "100 year old gamer", who has made some rumors, and apparently he has been correct most of the time in the past. I don't think I'll be disappointed even if those rumors aren't true. ("Bigger than any other mario game to date", and "Nothing like you've ever seen". I think I got the wrong impression when reading this the first time though, and I thought about ti again...when he says bigger, he most likely means more content, more levels, and "nothing like you've ever seen", he's most likely referring to the graphics in HD)

Reinventing the new game is going to be really tough.

Also, for the people saying they need to go back to making it like the older games like SM64 and stuff like that, I do not agree, and i usually see them coming up with the same excuse, like: "it's what I grew up with", and "I'm going to lose my love for Mario games because it's not what it was years ago". If it doesn't reinvent itself, people will complain even more about unoriginality, and i believe it will get even more stale the longer they do this. They just can't handle the fact they can't get that nostalgic feeling from the recent games.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

103. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

I don't think we'll be disappointed this E3, considering the rumors from "100 year old gamer", who has made some rumors, and apparently he has been correct most of the time in the past. I don't think I'll be disappointed even if those rumors aren't true. ("Bigger than any other mario game to date", and "Nothing like you've ever seen". I think I got the wrong impression when reading this the first time though, and I thought about ti again...when he says bigger, he most likely means more content, more levels, and "nothing like you've ever seen", he's most likely referring to the graphics in HD)

"Bigger than any other Mario game to date" sounds like more content with bigger levels to me, and "looks nothing like you've ever seen" sounds like a new art style. Wouldn't it be wild if Mario got an artistic makeover like what The Wind Waker did with Zelda?

At any rate, I hope this rumor is true and Nintendo goes above and beyond to make this a spectacular Mario game, because it won't be easy beating the two Super Mario Galaxy games. It can be done if Nintendo is willing to put in the effort.

And for some reason, the revealing of the first trailer of Sonic Lost World is making some people believe 3D Mario will be delayed to next year, as if there can't be a 3D Mario and 3D Sonic near each other this holiday season. I disagree; Nintendo should try to release both 3D Mario and Mario Kart this year if they can.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WebHead

104. Posted:

People seriously think 3D Mario is gonna get delayed? I guess they didn't know we got SMG2 and Sonic Colors in the same year.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

105. Posted:

im another one seriously hoping for a new art style!

put it on.

AuthorMessage

Sparkz

106. Posted:

On one hand, I guess I wouldn't mind another Mario Galaxy game, but on the other hand there's already been two of those. I only played the first one, however, and it was fun, yeah. Something new would be better. An open world like SM64 sounds cool, though, and being able to jump through the paintings to get to the new places was great. I think that it's kinda possible that there could be a sequel to it--if there isn't one. I haven't exactly played every Mario game there ever was

My Game of Choice? Super Smash Bros!

AuthorMessage

WebHead

107. Posted:

I do hope it is something new. As stated before, Nintendo likes to have a new concept for each system that gets a 3D Mario. Who knows what it will be.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

tsm7

108. Posted:

It would be kind of cool if , say, when you went down a tunnel it turned into a retro style level on the gamepad.

Edited on by tsm7

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

109. Posted:

I think the usually second quest might be DLC sadly enough. If not I'm expecting that aside from the second quest some sort of NSLU type of DLC. I'm hoping for a open world myself to symbolize the jump to HD.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WebHead

110. Posted:

tsm7 wrote:

It would be kind of cool if , say, when you went down a tunnel it turned into a retro style level on the gamepad.

That would be pretty cool.

Although I must admit, I am not expecting much from this game in terms of how it uses the GamePad.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

111. Posted:

I wonder if the next 3D Mario game will have fully orechestrated music. Either way their going to have a hard time trying to top Super Mario Galaxy 2 music. Is it just me, or I the only one that doesnt want to see another galaxy game annouced? I want this game to completely surpise me in a good way and aside from another galaxy title I have no idea what the next 3D Mario is going to be.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

skywake

112. Posted:

Well the last of their big console Mario/Zelda games that didn't have an orchestrated soundtrack was Twilight Princess. I'd say it's probably a given that they'll have it fully orchestrated..... and I'd go further and say they might even give the Wind Waker remake an orchestrated soundtrack. Whether or not it'll be "better" is a matter of taste I guess.

As for not wanting it to be another Galaxy I don't think there was that much different about Galaxy. It really was just bringing Mario back to the N64 style but with a space background. That's why Galaxy was great, it introduced a new sort of level but it maintained the "walk into a door" sort of Mario 64 hub. I'd be a bit annoyed if there were no gravity puzzles and I don't really care what the hub is that much. As long as there is level variety I'm happy.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Henmii

113. Posted:

I hope they will do something totally new, though Galaxy 3 could also be fun (as long as it contains lots of new ideas). Or a Sunshine sequel! Or maybe even a free-roaming 3D sequel to Mario bros 2, with vegetable throwing and all! By the way: I prefer bigger worlds (as found in Sunshine) over many smaller ones! I would love to see the Koopalings in 3D! And I want to see E.Gadd in a bigger role, and maybe even Wario and Waluigi!

We know in a couple of days!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Varia01

114. Posted:

Maybe Bowser finds out how to manipulate the world and spread it across the stars, he captures Peach, Mario is the world's only hope. Similar gameplay mechanics to SMG1 and 2 is something I expect. Possible gamepad usage too, you know what, most likely. The level design could hopefully be something new, maybe a blend of Galaxy and Sunshine. The characters: Mario (Duh), Peach (Obviously), Bowser (Of course), Luigi (It's his year), Yoshi (Likely), Toad (Why not), and the cute partner of which the gamepad controls. Mario tries to repair the world, save Peach and any civilians, stop Bowser.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Adam

115. Posted:

I would like to see true 2P if the U can handle a second player running about on the game pad screen. I don't know if that is beyond its processing power or what.

I hope it's a new theme or a Doki Doki Panic theme since that world was really interesting. Whatever the theme, give it a hub world as fun as 64's. Galaxy and Galaxy 2 skimped in that area, so it would be nice to see it expanded beyond even what 64/Sunshine had. Perhaps incorporate the short, simple levels seamlessly into the hub itself, so that I have a mini-level to cross to new areas.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

skywake

116. Posted:

If you abandon the idea of off-TV play entirely you could do some pretty cool things. Go down a pipe and you appear on the GamePad for a 2D section. Alternatively the GamePad could provide a different view, like an overhead view that allows you to see where you have to go.... or a first person view with a press of a button.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Henmii

117. Posted:

"give it a hub world as fun as 64's"

Yeah, I also want a proper hub-world!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

CM30

118. Posted:

I want a hub world as well. And I definitely want it to be a 'proper' one, assuming 'proper' means 'has missions and sidequests to do there' like in Mario 64 and Sunshine.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Varia01

119. Posted:

@Henmii Hub world, yes! Great idea. I am expecting a part of Mario's world were a peaceful species is at and he is sent to save the world by that species. You will be able to explore that portion of the world, get stars, fine secret 1-ups, and explore.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

120. Posted:

I don't think they need to drastically change the art style for the game, just make a natural progression in the graphics. The jump from 64 to Sunshine was great, and Sunshine to Galaxy was fine as well. The 3D Mario games don't look radically different from each other, but they each fit the tone they were going for.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes