Forums

Topic: E3 2016 Speculation/Predictions

Posts 1 to 20 of 472

bluemage1989

Is it to early to be thinking about E3 2016?? Probably. But I still think 2016 will be decent for the WiiU even with a probable NX reveal. Here's my predictions feel free to share yours!!

1. Amiibo based game. Some kind of lite RPG with a story that breaks the fourth wall. It doesn't need to be super long as replaying with different characters would be the aim. Also released for 3DS and NX.

2. Super Mario Sunshine HD. Everyone keeps mentioning this but I think this is the year we finally see it. Possibly on NX if there is no Mario NX launch title.

3. Pokemon TCG. Utilising amiibo cards and featuring cross play with mobile, 3DS and NX.

4. Zelda U. Released for WiiU with an enhamced edition for NX. Wii U edition compensates with exclusive WiiU features.

5. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash DLC.

6. Strong VC releases. With the WiiU probably dropping massively in price if the NX launches this year it could be marketed as a cheap secondary console that could allow you access to a massive range of retro titles. Heavy discounts on VC games if bought for the WiiU.

7. Sonic Generations 2 for Wii U and 3DS.

8. Not strictly WiiU but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were willing to pay biiiig money for exclusivity on Hideo Kojimas next game. I'm a dreamer.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

bluemage1989

jariw

I think there will be a late May 2016 Wii U title that hasn't been announced yet, similar to Splatoon in 2015 and MK8 in 2014.

jariw

faint

I perdict more threads like this even tho we have a general direct/e3 thread

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Shinion

Hard to believe E3 is 'only' 5 months away, seems like yesterday people were outraged at Nintendo and crying tears of joy at Sony's presentation for seeing The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 Kickstarter and Final Fantasy VII Remake, and kinda predictably only one of that trio has been see since and not everyone has been happy at the episodes that have resulted. Was an absolutely jam packed show last year that did not disappoint and I'm looking forward to this year's show even more than last year's as a result. It's a special time of the year for 'gamers' no doubt, all I can hope for is that most people are happy.

Shinion

bluemage1989

@faint:

That sucks but I don't keep up to date with Sonys goings on and hadn't heard. I hope he has better luck with his new company.

What do you guys think of my presictions??

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@faint:

That sucks but I don't keep up to date with Sonys goings on and hadn't heard. I hope he has better luck with his new company.

What do you guys think of my presictions??

bluemage1989

Smash_kirby

I hope to see golden sun 4 on the 3DS.

Smash_kirby

NintendoFan64

All I want for E3 is this: Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

veeflames

@NintendoFan64: How do you judge that on, though? Is it whether you think it was actually good, or the fact that most of the gaming media thought it was good? (Assuming E3 2016 has come and gone)? Just curious, by the way.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

mariocore

Here's a list of what I strongly predict to totally outrageous.
Wii U:
Paper Mario
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin 4
Metroid
Bayonetta 3
F-Zero HD
Kid Icarus

3DS:
NEW 3DS Exclusive (No Specific Game)
Pokemon Z
Wario Land
Super Mario Maker 3D
Super Princess Peach 2 (That would be really cool)
Monster Hunter X

Both/Either Or:
3D Mario Platformer
amiibo centric game
Mario Party (We really need it)
Mario Strikers
...maybe Pikmin 4...
...maybe Bayonetta 3...
...maybe F-Zero...
Those Are just my ideas, I could be completely right or dreadfully wrong. Either way I can't wait for E3, this is gonna fun.

mariocore

3DS Friend Code: 2922-0050-1350 | Nintendo Network ID: mariocom8

LaserdiscGal

I just want to see Miniwheat again.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

NintendoFan64

Vee_Flames wrote:

@NintendoFan64: How do you judge that on, though? Is it whether you think it was actually good, or the fact that most of the gaming media thought it was good? (Assuming E3 2016 has come and gone)? Just curious, by the way.

...I'm not sure? I guess it's really up to one's opinion.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Bolt_Strike

It's hard to predict what they could do with a new console, so I have very little idea what they could show off. I'm reasonably certain of the following though:

-Zelda U gets an official name and release date
-3D Mario launch title
-Pikmin 4
-Whatever Retro's doing

My expectations aren't too high either, they've fallen pretty far over the course of the generation.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

LzWinky

Forget the announcements, I predict a good presentation

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

Don't expect anything regarding Wii U or 3DS other than Zelda and Pokemon. I think the rest will be all NX. Don't really have expectations as far as Nintendo goes.

Sony on the other hand, is not gonna be able to match last year. Not even Crash Bandicoot coming back is enough (though it would make me so beyond happy!)

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

@Whitewatermoose: It'd be great in general if they announced that Crash is returning. I'm just saying that it'll be pretty much impossible for them to top their conference from last year. I mean, come on, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Shenmue III? Nobody thought that would ever happen.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Aozz101x

TingLz wrote:

Forget the announcements, I predict a good presentation

pretty much agree with @Tinglz. Nintendo's E3 2015 was... eh?
as for Xbox One. a release date for Recore would be nice.
and sony... i don't know where to start right now. (i just got a PS4 xD)

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Nicolai

Starting the festivities this year already? I personally believe that Nintendo is starting a pattern of alternating good E3's with bad E3's, so I think this year will be good.

First of all, it is my gut feeling that the NX will be announced at E3 for 2017. Even though it makes financial sense for them to kill off Wii U support as early as possible, I believe they can benefit from another year of publicity, console development, game development, and gathering 3rd party support. They need to bounce back from their slump, and they need to make sure they take the time to do it right.

NX - I don't think Nintendo will go the hybrid route, but if they do, I will be excited. I'm confident in their use of freeform technology, but it may or may not be the main feature.

NX titles in development - 3D Mario (launch), Metroid (first launch, then delayed till Spring '18), Pikmin 4 (launch), Dragon Quest? Maybe a Batman game or something 3rd party. I'm sure EA will show support initially, and will decide whether to back out or not later. Maybe late NX version of Zelda U.

Wii U titles in development: Zelda U. I sure hope so anyway, I'm already starting to get tired of how it looks. A kick-butt trailer might fix that. I'm sure there will be something else, too.

Poor showing for 3DS. Mostly announced titles like Federation Force and Blast Ball, and whatever else is coming that won't have released yet. Perhaps Rhythm Heaven 3DS or the Pokémon supplemental game. But E3 will focus mostly on the NX.

Titles definitely not being shown: Splat2n, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.