Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,082

Gamesake

I've got 800 Wii points. I'm trying to decide between;

Mega Man X
Breath of Fire II
Actraiser

If it was up to you, which one game would you download?

...in my pants.

CanisWolfred

Mega Man, but then again, I've bought that game 3 times already. If you have it in some form or another already, then I suggest treating yourself to something different and get Actraiser. It's not perfect like MMX, but it's still good fun.

Breath of Fire 2 is a good choice too, but only if you love charming RPGs and don't mind generic gameplay with some grinding. It's actually one of my top 20 favorite RPGs, but I still find it hard to recommend, and I'm starting to like Breath of Fire 1 more.

BTW, did you ever choose between Axelay or Gate of Thunder? Because I'm interested to see what you say about either game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamesake

I have Mega Man 10 and Mega Men X Zero Collection already, so maybe I should go for something else. Actraiser's awesome but I played it to death back in the day, it might not be worth it for me. I've only gotten half way through BoF2 before--maybe I should finally finish it on the VC. That's what I did with Phantasy Star IV.

I did play one stage of Axelay at a friend's house and didn't care for it much either, but maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I should probably go for Gate of Thunder but maybe I'll just wait to decide a little longer, in case Pulstar makes it's way to NA.

...in my pants.

SamuraiShyGuy

I have 800 Wii points sitting around so I was considering downloading Super Castlevania IV. It's supposed to be one of the best Castlevanias, right? I wanted to get Fluidity but I don't feel like dropping ten more dollars just to have enough points for it.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Gamesake

I'd go Paper Mario over NES Final Fantasy, but the N64 Paper Mario really isn't half as good as Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door on the GameCube.

...in my pants.

ThePirateCaptain

Definitely go with Paper Mario. And I think it may not be as good as TTYD, but it certainly isn't terrible in comparison by any means.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ryno

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I have 800 Wii points sitting around so I was considering downloading Super Castlevania IV. It's supposed to be one of the best Castlevanias, right? I wanted to get Fluidity but I don't feel like dropping ten more dollars just to have enough points for it.

Super Castlevania IV is one my favorite if not the favorite games of all time! It is probably the "easiest Castlevania" though which is not saying taht is an easy game but the 8 directional whip helps tremendously for Castlevania. The soundtrack is of the charts too.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

get alien soldier.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

Would a Contra kid such as myself go 'ga ga'(no, not the phony arrogant singing creature who completely pales in comparison to Grace jones and old school Madonna) over the Genny super styaliZed GunStar Heroes? I still can't believe i haven't gotten around to play it yet since it was basically released on the Wii's VC during it's fist year. Ah who am i kidding, I'm dieing to download this sucker, even more so than Metal Slug 3.

Let me know how that is. I have the Metal Slug Collection but haven't really played it much. I want to beat Contra III first I think before I start up on another Run N' Gun series.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

alien soldier poo-poos on contra.
frequently

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Bass_X0

I have 800 points. While there are some games I would like to download, they're not necessary downloads to me.

I don't know whether to wait to see what comes later or download a game now.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

LavaTwilight

Is it worth commenting on this anymore? Does anyone read these? I sure as hell know I don't!
Well anyway I vote for Desert Strike and Krusty's Super Funhouse! Why haven't these been released yet? I would have though they were sure things!

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

Bass_X0

EA doesn't support the VC and Krusty is a licensed game which are quite expensive to reaquire the licence to.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Gamesake

Bass_X0 wrote:

I have 800 points. While there are some games I would like to download, they're not necessary downloads to me.

I don't know whether to wait to see what comes later or download a game now.

Same here. I decided to get rid of my 800 points by downloading Breath of Fire II. It's as good as I remember it, but I think the emulation might be a bit off. The backgrounds go fuzzy while you're walking left or right. I don't recall that happening on the SNES version.

...in my pants.

Xilef

Does anyone know a good VC game for 500 points? Preferably not an NES game, since i buy all my NES game for my NES now, unless it is a rare one.

Xilef

KingMike

I think the only VC games you can get for 500 points are NES, SMS and Commodore (anyone remember that system on VC? ), and a few arcade games (though most on VC are 800-1000, I think).

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic