Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 4,839

CanisWolfred

Recently grabbed Nightshade and Soul Calibur 3 for the PS2. With that, I now have all of the not-super-expensive games crossed off my PS2 wishlist and ready to play. Now I just need to finish cleaning the entertainment center and set them up...

Actually, there are only 6 games left on my PS2 wishlist, period, come to think of it. .Hack//Quarantine, Shining Force EXA, Mana Khemia 1 & 2, Sky Gunner, and Soul Nomad: The World Eater. Maybe someday...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Eel

I bought Dr. Mario for the GBA off amazon. It's not like I particularly like Dr. Mario... Or that this is the best version of it I could get, but hey it was cheap for a new sealed Classic NES Series GBA game.

It'll be a nice piece to add to the shelf.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

We visited a place where people sell nerdy and geeky stuff, so I bought some retro goodies.

First, A Link to the Past for the SNES. The cartridge may be a bit unreliable but I already have many other ways to play it in case it fails. I just really want expand my SNES catalogue.

I also bought a new controller for it.

Second, Dr. Mario & Puzzle League for the GBA. As you may notice this is the second Dr Mario AND second Puzzle League I bought this month. The big difference is I can actually play this one right now. It's in great condition too.

And lastly, I bought Tetris DS. It was really cheap, because the sticker is damaged. I won't play it much until I can do something about the sticker, since it will only get worse with use.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryno

Got the retro classic Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. I don't have a CD player anymore so I can't play the original CD's.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Ryno
hello there stranger.
yer bl page is officially retro now

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@the_shpydar @bezerker99
even eazy e doesnt like n64 or other m
Untitled
boy you shoulda known by now

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

Hey @the_shpydar & @ogo79, I missed you nintendolifer's to much that I will be coming around more often!
I'm not buying any more retro game though! Dem prices...

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

roy130390

Megaman ZX Advent: It took me a while to find, but I'm really glad I finally have the conclusion to the Megaman X and Zero series. It's a shame this game arrived when no one cared for megaman anymore since they were milking the franchise, because it's actually one of the best entries in terms o gameplay and level design. Instead of just getting variants of whatever power the boss had, you can transform into them, which allows you to move as them and use most of their techniques, so it's pretty muc like playing with different characters.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

KingMike

I think ZX and ZX Advent must have gotten reprinted a few years ago.
I found a loose card at GameStop and then I found ebay filled with new copies, when I tried to find a case and manual for it.
Eventually I found a listing for one who must've bought a sealed copy and opened it and only wanted the game. Well I was glad to take their packaging off them.

The only recent retro purchase was Shining Force Feather for DS. I hear the series was never really the same since SF3 after Camelot left but it was a cheap game either way.

KingMike

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Hey @the_shpydar & @ogo79, I missed you nintendolifer's to much that I will be coming around more often!
I'm not buying any more retro game though! Dem prices...

ill take that run saber poster anytime yer ready

the_shpydar wrote:

Fiyaball

Got off work super early today, so I swung by GoodWill. Managed to pick up a complete copy of the PS2 version of Gauntlet:Dark Legacy for $3.88. Should be a fun game to try.

Fiyaball

ogo79

macaroni nose challenge for genesis-12.99
take that scalpers

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

@ogo79 I thought you found some of the vintage Mario macaroni & cheese. I know it's not as famous as Nintendo cereal but I wonder if it is still collectible.
There is a Genesis boxing game that came with a Fruit Roll-Up but no nutrition information on the game.

KingMike

Fiyaball

KingMike wrote:

There is a Genesis boxing game that came with a Fruit Roll-Up but no nutrition information on the game.

Actually, a lot of Genesis games came with Fruit Roll-Ups in the middle of the Genesis era, such as Gunstar Heroes.
They also made special Zelda Hi-C drinks, which would probably kill you if you drank them today. (It's 15 years old; what did you expect? )

Fiyaball

ogo79

Fiyaball wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Actually, a lot of Genesis games came with Fruit Roll-Ups in the middle of the Genesis era, such as Gunstar Heroes.
They also made special Zelda Hi-C drinks, which would probably kill you if you drank them today. (It's 15 years old; what did you expect? )

well i still have on my rub on punisher tattoo that came with the geneis game.
thats right, i havent showered since 1993

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

@Snaplocket
i actually never knew about nightshade.
it almost looks like a hack n slash...
after i read this i looked it up.
perhaps you may be interested in crimson tears for ps2...

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

@ogo79 Perhaps I confused Crimson Tears with Shining Tears.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
lol i just looked that up. thats not a beat em up!

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic