Forums

Topic: $50,000 for a NES? Why not eh?

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

JGMR

Untitled

The other day, we spotted an NES and 42 games on ebay that was listed for the insanely high buy it now price of $35,000. The NES bundle came with nothing too spectacular, but the seller was asking for help to pay some bills and stop living paycheck to paycheck. The seller also claimed that his NES was his most prized possession.

Full story here

With kind regards,

JGMR

The_Fox

Not surprising the buyer didn't pay. There are legions of people that love to screw with sellers that list items priced like that.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

kidcoyote_anarchy

I'd like to quit living paycheck to paycheck too....

Maybe I'll sell my SNES for $100,000.

jdarrell

Free shipping

jdarrell

JGMR

theblackdragon wrote:

did you miss this followup where the winning bidder failed to pay? :3

No, i didn't know...until now. Muwhuhahahaa! LOL

With kind regards,

JGMR

LordJumpMad

I wonder if i can sell my old Sega for that much too.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Punny

And I got an NES from my friend for free!

I'm back (for the moment)!

JohnWalrus

I think I should sell my Gameboy Advance online for $1,000,000! Just to be a douche (considering I got it at a garage sale for ten cents...).

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

Useless_Account

... I actually bet you that if someone sold their whole collection of games like all the Nintendo Systems with mostly all the good games that take alot of time to collect, and just their whole collection I bet you someone would buy it at a high price like that, but this guy (or lady) guy? is pretty smart, this really is something I would expect to actually work. But like I said, with more to sell and letting people know your collection.

Useless_Account

Useless_Account

NintyFan wrote:

I got an NES from a game store for only $50, zapper and controller.

ya guy, thats what they go for at fleamarkets now most the time at a legit game shop, but you could get one for 25 bucks depending on the place you get it at, and this isn't a good thing all the time, but it ussually is. I right now have 2 Nintendo's( a top loader which my dad got at a garage sale for 25 bucks with a tv, dog bone(controller), and 5 games. Also, the other one I got for 35 dollars when they were still cheaper which was like in 2004. This is the originally deck.

Useless_Account

KingMike

True, the only exception is if it's an illegal or misrepresented listing (although you probably wouldn't be able to tell the latter until after paying).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

LzWinky

Why not? Because you can get one for far cheaper than that

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

The_Fox

WaltzElf wrote:

Surely it would be really easy to build a court case against someone who failed to pay.

An eBay auction is essentially a contract, and carrys with it all associated legal requirements.

Yeah, I doubt that would hold water in court. You'd be lucky to get your relisting fees and court costs back.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Majoras_Wrath

I'm selling my kidneys to buy a 3DS when it comes out. Anyone?

Majoras_Wrath

Nintendo Network ID: Bunny_Hood

SonicMaster

so, basically, he's asking for maybe 47,000 dollars in charity?

SonicMaster

Hokori

Come on at least Shipping is free

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

salty1264

PunnyGuy wrote:

And I got an NES from my friend for free!

much better than 50000

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.