Forums

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Posts 141 to 160 of 340

ThePirateCaptain

During this Sonic marathon, I've beaten Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Sonic CD.

Sonic 1 is definitely a classic although I never like playing through Labyrinth Zone, the music in the game is pure gold. Probably the most difficult of the Genesis games as well.

Sonic 2 just takes all the good things from the original and blows them out of the water in every way. While the first game did have speedy parts, it was focused a bit more on the platforming aspect while the second game is so much faster. Great colorful levels with catchy tunes, I mean what more could you ask for?

Sonic CD is always being praised as "the best Sonic game ever" and let be come right out and say I disagree. For the first few zones it was a blast although I think the time travel mechanic is meh. But as the game progressed I think the level design got worse and stopped being fun for me. As a whole the music wasn't as good as the first two games either.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

@WaveyWitchBoy
Well I don't really think you can compare Sonic 3 alone as it's really only half a game with Sonic & Knuckles as the other half. Together as the game it was supposed to be as Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I think it's really up to each person whether you prefer it over Sonic 2 or not but it certainly has some great Zones and the ability to play as Knuckles.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

e-love

I've been wanting to get into the classic Sonic games ^

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Undead_terror

^ah, im also playing wario land 4 and it's pretty fun although I wish it was abit more like wario land, hard to explain how though.
I just beat double dragon (game boy), that was tough cookie with all of those muscle men.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Wavewitch: Grats on beating Bloodlines. I beat that one a few months ago as well and is definitely one of my favorites Castlevania games in fact I liked that one alot more the IV. So are you going to play the sequel Portrait of Ruin on the DS?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

OMG yeah totally agree with you on that one. I totally hate the bubble gum art that DoS and PoR used. I like anime as much as the next guy but some places that art style just doesnt work, Castlevanis being one of the places. PoR I can say is probably the best DS Castlevania game, I haven't played OoC yet but like you I have heard that one is a tough one maybe as tough as trying to kill a real vampire. But yeah Castlevania is a virus in that way when you play one you want to play the others no matter how bad people say they are.

Oh and yeah wait and play those games on the 3DSXL totally worth it. I loved my 3DS but after playing around with a 3DSXL on display at Target I had to get one. As much as I love my flare red 3DS I LOVE the blue 3DSXL. Definitely worth sinking the 200 bucks in. If I were you I would wait and see what if they have any awesome 3DSXL holiday packages coming out.

My Backlog

ogo79

@Tasuki i havent even opened the 3 castlevania ds games yet, im going to play those on the 3ds xl, which is the only reason im getting one.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

@Ogo: Can't blame you there either.

I have to admit I was one of those people that was completely satisfied with my red 3DS and when it was announced I was so adamantly against getting one. But that changes when I got to try one out and I have to say bigger is better.

My Backlog

bezerker99

I beat Ghosts 'N Goblins for the hundredth time in my life sometime last week. It was awesome to be able to play "on-the-go" with my 3DS!!!

Untitled

e-love

That's a real cool picture zerkieeee

moomoo

Does beating Halo 2 on legendary count? I was playing it in preparation for Halo 4. Anyways, I've been playing Mega Man X lately, so I'll be beating that soon.
@bezerker99 HOW?! You are crazy, man. I do not have the patience for ghosts and goblins, that's for sure.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SubBronze

Just beat Mega Man 2, I hate Wily Stage 4... Freaking Crash Bombs... Anyway, all through my 15 tries at the final boss, I regretted wasting that E-Tank on Woodman... Should have just taken the death...

And so, now I have to play Mega Man 3, which is even harder...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

bezerker99

WaveWitch wrote:

I don't have a problem beating Ghost 'n Gob's once, but Twice to get the "happy ending'? You can forget about it bud!
Props Bezerker. But if you wan't a real NES-challenge, try beating Adventure Island. If you can.... than you might actually be worthy of kissing my Merman feet. lol

Adventure Island is a horrid NES game that should go jump into a fire. And not just because it's difficult.

ogo79

oh boy this is about to get good!
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

e-love

MJ

e-love

@Wavey, I plan on finishing up my The Legend of Zelda over the next few days!

bezerker99

I was gifted StarTropics last year around this time of year but only recently got a change to play it.

Untitled

OMG, what a great game! I rented this growing up and had fun with it but never had enough time to beat. Soooo thankful Nintendo released this on Virtual Console.

Things got a bit hairy in Chapter 7 there.

Now, excuse me while I go get these bananas out of my ears.

Edited on by bezerker99

ogo79

bezerker99 wrote:

I was gifted StarTropics last year around this time of year but only recently got a change to play it.

Untitled

OMG, what a great game! I rented this growing up and had fun with it but never had enough time to beat. Soooo thankful Nintendo released this on Virtual Console.

Things got a bit hairy in Chapter 7 there.

Now, excuse me while I go get these bananas out of my ears.

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.