Forums

Topic: Phantasy Star!

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Big_A2

So I just noticed that I actually own the first 4 Phantasy Star on my copy of "Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection", and I was all like "RPGs on a SEGA console? Waaaaaaah?!!". So now I want to know from all you crazy Phantasy Star fans out there which one I should play first. The reveiws on the site sugest that I and IV and the standouts, but which one would be best to play first?

Topic title edit: We get the point - Mod Team.

Edited on by James

HolyMackerel

Too many !'s and 1's!

PS4 is supposed to be the best one. They're all pretty dated now though. I've only played Phantasy Star Online and that was great.

HolyMackerel

MrMagpie

The dungeons in Phantasy Star numero uno gave me pretty bad motion sickness. Neat idea though to have a pseudo 3D view though...

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-4175
Pokemon White Friend Code: 0561-6629-1213

Lotice-Paladin

I hate Phantasy Star but I thought 4 was the closest to being polished compared to the Final Fantasy series (although the music annoys me in 4).

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

James

Phantasy Star IV is definitely my favourite – the first entry is really showing its age now, but PSIII is a decent game with plenty of innovative ideas, like having kids to maintain your legacy with different endings depending on who you marry. PSII I don't know enough about to comment on, sadly!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Alexneon

I like all the phantasy star games, but phantasy star online is the best, 600 hours playing the game and still looking some weps and armors.

Nintendo Switch FC: 1403-81460918
Gamertag: Alexneon78
PSN ID: Alexneon_

Switch Friend Code: SW-1403-8146-0918 | My Nintendo: Alexneon

Big_A2

Hey who ruined my title....

I started playing PSIV, AGH! The menus! It's hard to believe this was released the same year as games like EarthBound and Chrono Trigger. But then again, it did release in Japan two years before it got here. I'm enjoying it though. The cut scenes with all the boxes was a pretty cool idea

Ravage

I got PS II but did not like it. I tried, but it was really hard, took forever to level and gain money, and the dungeons were just horrendously large and maze-like. I did enjoy it for a while though.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Lions_fan09

Hey, quick question to anyone playing, or who has played PS4 through the VC, how do you get back to the title screen? Is it even possible, or am I just overlooking something? By the way, I'm absolutely loving the game! It's weird to start on number 4, so would anyone recommend PS1? Is it good?

Lions_fan09

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.