Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 11,914

DarkRula

So doing all the championships on the Hot Wheels DLC accounts for less than ten percent of full completion, despite the fact doing them will probably take the same amount of time as the rest of the stuff combined.

Also, there's someone who's followed me during a Fortnite match and now whenever they see I'm online they send a request to join them on Fortnite without fail. I matched up with you randomly for one match. Why send requests when I'm not even playing Fortnite?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano I still have Chaos Theory for PC in the limited edition large (back in the day) , metal collectors tin with the holographic lid. And it is still in shrink wrap because I learned after I got locked in the mall at 11:00 at night to buy it at Babbages and security had to let me back through the service entrance, that the game used Starforce copy protection and thus I did not trust actually inserting the disc.

And this, folks, is why I bought an XBox.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, I think I've found a new appreciation for my own text walls, because they're actually short and sweet, compared to this rant of an article. But the man can sure talk and form intricate sentences.
Man, what a read, I think I need to sit down, and take a minute to catch my breath...

And that final conclusion is simply golden:

"What a delight to re-appreciate The Crew all over again! The first one. Not this underdeveloped and terribly misguided sequel."

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I'll wait for GwG. Even there it has to compete with Horizon 2 and isn't very competitive. But at the current rate, the wait won't be long.

Ubi has to be doing some serious thinking about their policies at this point. Crew 2 is a bomb and it's already on flash sales a few weeks in. For Honor is already a free giveaway. Their methods of cranking out "always online shared worlds" a dozen a year isn't getting them anywhere and has got to be losing money, while their well planned games like FC5 and AC:O are selling like crazy.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I think I'm starting to be thankful that I took the “wait for reviews, then a sale“ approach with Crew 2.

That approach is pretty much essential for anything by EA, Ubisoft or Activision.

NEStalgia wrote:

Their methods of cranking out "always online shared worlds" a dozen a year isn't getting them anywhere and has got to be losing money,

The problem is, online games have a possibility of basically swallowing a huge chunk of the market if they're successful, because of how networking effects create exponential growth.
Single player offline games have never done this and will never do this.
That's what's causing this current obsession with online gaming. They're all desperate to create the thing that usurps Fortnite, because the profit you make from that is on another level.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zuljaras

Guys I am starting to worry about my Xbox 360 E.

I have the following games:
Fable Anniversary
Fable 2 GOTY
Assassins Creed 2
Assassins Creed 4
Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

The thing is that none of them have perfect 30 fps frame rate. The consoles fan is not spinning like crazy like on my old PS3 fat. I cant even hear it. It is so silent. But this inconsistent FPS is worrying me.

Do any of you that still have 360 console could remember if it is OK to be like that. It is NOT unplayable but is some times it is noticeable a frame rate drops or little stuttering or screen tearing.

I could just notice such things. I have an eye for this kind of gross stuff. (I am a damn QA)

When I google the games above half the people claim that their games have performance issues the other half claim that they are perfect (which is hard to believe).

Is there such thing as stable performance on the 360?

Thanks in advance!

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras There's most definitely such a thing as stable performance on the Xbox 360, but there will of course always be games that have the odd stutter here or there, and I could imagine that, if you have an eye for that, it will jump out even more than for the average Joe.

As for these specific games, I do own some of them, but in all honesty, I haven't played any of them long enough to be able to make any sensible kind of comment on it. And on top of that, the performance between the various models Xbox 360 varies, and I don't have an E model, so even if I would be able to tell you something useful, it might not be representative.

I do believe that @NEStalgia knows a bit more about the later models Xbox 360, so I'll let him comment on it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ryu_Niiyama

OK DOA 6 is looking kinda nice. Color me interested.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX By stable you mean 30 fps through all the game or 30 fps through most of the game? I though that a faulty unit would just die or turn itself off. I have yet to find a game on the Xbox that will keep its frame rate on 100%. That is why I am worried.

For example by doing particular things in some games the fps drops to 24 and it is visible. Other than that it is ok.

I just want to know if such things could be caused by my console or it is purely software.

Feel free to tag more people that have the knowledge

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras By that I meant 30fps most of the time, with only the smallest of dips here and there in most games, and perhaps some more pronounced dips in some of the more demanding games, but like I said before, it depends on how sensitive you are to it. I for one, am not sensitive to it, at ALL, so if a game drops 3 or 4 frames every now and then, I don't notice, and/or don't care enough for it to bother me or spoil my pleasure in playing that game.

But we'll invite some of the regulars in on the matter, and I'll politely ask them to click on the highlighted link I provided in the question underneath this text, so that they can have a look, and perhaps come up with an answer for you, or at least share their own experiences with games that either run good, or not good, on the Xbox 360.

So, @redd214, @Grumblevolcano, @Ryu_Niiyama, @Dezzy, @DarthNocturnal, @DarkRula, @NEStalgia, any of you guys have any idea or anything useful and/or helpful to say about the issue/question that @Zuljaras posted here in comment #4,478?

And please take into account, that he has one of the later Xbox 360 E models...

Thanks in advance, for all your time and trouble, people...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras hmmi can't comment on the specific games since ac2i had in ps3, ac4 on wiiu but played brotherhood and Revelations on x360. Fables, i have both and opened neither...

Overall 360 was NEVER steady 30fps. E fared better. Heck x1 doesn't hold perfect frame rate on bc games... But you'll have to describe a little more detail... What you're seeing sounds a bit more severe. . Do the drops mostly happen in specific areas that are busy, or is it random? E model fans never got loud. That was the early concepts for x1 design, after all. Ps3 and ps4 sound like jets. Early 360s weren't much better but the e was way cooler and quieter.

@Ryu_Niiyama hey I'm still a doa5 fan... If 6 is better, forget tekken. (Btw, I caved.. i got sfv on ps4 work the weekend flash sale..... i don't even have a stick for it...) Bbctb is rapidly growing on me as well.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia @DarthNocturnal It is not severe as for example Elder scrolls Oblivion on PS3. That is a nightmare.
For example in Fable 1 in the town square there is constant 25 fps and the second I get out of there It is much better.

The things I speak that worry me are when I just mive from rooftop to rooftop in Assassins Creed 2,3,4 and just at random not all the time you can notice hickups. Just for a split second. That is why I wonder if the console is at fault or this is how it is supposed to be.
In Fable 2 there is one farm that just has that 24 constant fps performance. There was also one street in the start of the game.
I also looked at digital foundry videos where they measure FPS on the 360.

Here is a text from one article for AC2 for both on 360 and PS3:

"Many view the original Assassin's Creed as something of a huge, expansive tech demo roughly manhandled into a somewhat limited game, and while both games were prone to losing frames and tearing, PS3 performance was a bit of a joke: frame-rate reaches a nadir of 17FPS at its lowest point, with 37 per cent of the 60Hz output of the console consisting of torn frames. That's compared with a mere six per cent on 360 and a 24FPS minimum. So for PS3 owners, a tech demo that underperforms technically. Not good."

I guess it is normal to have performance hiccups in many games.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras OR: maybe not worry and put under the microscope so much, and just play and enjoy them...

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras yeah that sounds normal to me. Just be glad it's not a ps3.... That thing ran multiplat at 20fps and blurry as if by intent . E didn't change much in performance... Slightly but nothing major. Mostly it ran cooler and worry 3 than the Jasper that could cook all omelette. It did technically get a performance boost on the cpu but it mostly helped the ui iirc, like new 3ds.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX @NEStalgia Yeah I will not worry too much. Btw I destroyed my PS3 Fat with backwards compatibility when I tried to remove the IHS from both its chips. Now I ordered a new one of the same model so I could play the PS3 exclusives which I guess are the only games that have awesome performance on the PS3 as far as I heard.

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal i didn't think real humans actually won those contests.

Dang, my childhood self that insisted on 10 million packs of chips ahoy for the chance to win a copy of Mario had it right all along....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I'm pretty sure that's one grade level above whomever wrote the avengers movie the contest was affiliated with

NEStalgia

6ch6ris6

PC gamer here

i am thinking about getting an xbox one controller plus the official chatpad from microsoft. now the chatpad comes with a mono headset. is the headset any good? i really dislike that it isn't stereo, but as for now i don't have a headset at all so it could still be a big upgrade

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic