Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal How come the Transformers games will never be added? Some kind of copyright issue?

@NEStalgia You make it sound like the Avengers movie was awful, which it wasn't. For comics purists, it was either a series of "oh, yeah, like THAT ever happened in the comics" or "how the hell can they cram two years worth of events into 2,5 hours", but if you're a SMART and/or open-minded comics reader/fan, like me, then you go into these movies knowing full well that corners need to be cut and compromises need to be made, both to make it digestible enough, and understandable enough for all audiences, not just for the comics fans...

@6ch6ris6 Don't know about that default headset, although the Xbox 360 also had that, so I assume it's more or less the same, but there actually IS a stereo signal/throughput in the controller, so either just plug in your everyday smart phone earplugs with microphone, which works perfectly, or just find a Turtle Beach headset that works with the chatpad.

And if none of that works, you could always go for the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, which may not have a full QWERTY keyboard on it, but still has chat functions:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-he...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

6ch6ris6

@ThanosReXXX i don't have earplugs with a microphone for my phone. the turtle beach headsets are kinda expensive. i donÄt really wanna spend so much on a headset and i can not test them which always bugs me out.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Dang....
Good thing I still have the original games and my Xbox 360 then. A shame, really, but at least we still have that newer Transformers game on current gen consoles as well.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@6ch6ris6 Then what DO you use for your smart phone? Even the standard ear phones that come with most phones, have a built-in microphone. How else are you supposed to use your phone while wearing the ear phones?

But either way, you can get simple ones like these for €10 or even less.
I use these as well, and they work perfectly with the Xbox One controller.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I’m more excited that it looks like it is borrowing more of its ground game from VF. Tekken has always felt like a juggle game for me and I have never been a fan (own all of them thoughof course). Some buddies of mine just got back from evo so ill be bugging them next week to find out their impressions. It has cemented my desire to go next year though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal I'll keep an eye out for it, and I'll buy it used if need be, but right now, buying games is on the back burner, and I still have practically all of the other Transformers games, so I'm good for now...

Hate that licensing stuff, though. Just release the games already, instead of all that legal haggling about who gets the rights to what, when and for how long...

Agreed on that Bond license. Then again: the Bond franchise as a whole has been spiraling downward in quality, and interest, far as I'm concerned. Not that I have anything against Daniel Craig: he's a good enough actor, and by themselves, the movies are more than entertaining enough, but I just don't get that Bond vibe from them, that I do still get from the classics.

Or maybe I'm just getting old, and that "things used to be better back in the day" virus is starting to get a hold of me...

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama yeah, that's what i liked about even 5. I don't quite understand the juggling aspect of tekken... i guess i play it wrong, but it's deliberate like doa to me. But doa still feels more deliberate. If they're doubling down on that that's great... Then again they're adding special meters... . One step forward ...? . Love that series though.... I like tekken but the 100 combos.... Ouch.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Tried out Horizon 2....I'm surprised it doesn't look as dated on the X as I'd have thought next to the Enhanced Horizon 3. Or maybe Horizon 3 doesn't look as good as it should?

Gameplay wise....or terrain wise...I may actually like 2 more than 3. It was really cool and interesting. 3 can be kind of flat and bland. Pretty nice for a freebie! I can't believe MS gave away one of it's few exclusives, even if it is an older one before a new one comes out!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia They did that especially for people like you, to slowly win you over and finally make you believe that Microsoft's free game offers truly ARE better than Sony's...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Haha, it'll still take a bit of convincing for that. They're working on it. Good month all around. But then Sony's been having good months too. Mafia III this month....Dead by Daylight (not my thing), Shame they have no BC...Serious Sam 3.....

On XB, Dead Space isn't my thing so that's one miss, and I already bought For Honor, but it's a good setup of all major titles this time.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Perhaps some titles may not be to everyone's taste, but objectively, it's a REALLY great line up.
And looking at it objectively, is the only way to decide if one offer is better than or just as good as the other one.

And I did say slowly win you over...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX lol, well, it's fair to say both have been pretty good of late, and both were fairly bad at times.

NEStalgia

Tasuki

@NEStalgia @ThanosReXXX I too tried out FH2 the other day. If you remember I was thinking of buying 3 a bit ago, I never did as some other things came up that needed my money more urgently then a game. Which was why I was stoked when MS announced FH2 was free with gold.

I didn't get to far into it many cause I only played an hour or so and most of it was playing around with the options, which I got to say I loved. I like how you can customize it to be how arcadey or sim you want it and even adjust the difficulty. Looking to put some more time into this over the weekend provided I can take a break from the event going on in Overwatch. But yeah overall FH2 is definitely going to scratch my racer itch.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThanosReXXX

@Tasuki Well, sounds like a good solution for you, then. And both games are equally great. They have their own locale, their own features, and they also share some things, so playing Forza Horizon 2 is a great way to get acquainted with the series, and once you're used to that, and if you still like it after having played quite a bit more of it, I'm pretty sure that you'll move on to 3 and even to 4.

As for Horizon 2, the same tips that I gave for 3 also count for the second game: most points are gathered (and gathered quicker) with special events, stunts, barn finds and things like finding all the billboards on the map. Of course, you should also do races, and you'll come across plenty of them, obviously, but the other events will help you to amass more points quicker, so you can open festivals and unlock more secrets on the map.

As for the settings: in my personal opinion and experience, starting with traction control, brake assistance and race line assistance switched on, is the easiest way to get into the game, and once you get better, gradually turn off each of these settings, or, if it still is a bit too hard, turn on stability controls, although I've always found these annoying, and only of help in some terrains, so I ultimately kept them switched off, instead of having to select or deselect them in the various areas.

But do try to drive with as little assistance as possible, because that too is of influence on the amount of points that you gather per event/race. The more assistance you use, the lower the total score.

There is one downside though, if I've understood it correctly, from this free version, which is that it doesn't come with the expansions, and I believe I remember someone on here saying (or I've read it somewhere else) that they aren't available anymore, so if true, that would be a shame.

But other than that, it's still a great game, and the newer installments have only built upon that, so you're in for a great ride, if you stick with this series.

DarkRula

Horizon 2 never had festivals or anything to open. It was just road trip after road trip that are fun to go through and still remain so until you realise just how many there are to get through. It's the most amount of races you have to do in any of the main campaigns, I think.
So long as you're not in it for 100% though, I should think you'll enjoy it. And from what I can tell Horizon 4 is following the second game with just one main Festival base.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Ah, okay. So, partially incomplete instead of no expansions at all.
@Tasuki better get that Storm Island expansion while it's still available, then...

NEStalgia

Got to love licensed content. Especially when there's no physical version to buy for$500 on eBay

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia If you're talking about Forza Horizon 2: over here, it's still available in my local game shop,
both in regular and Day One Edition:
https://translate.google.nl/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=h...
https://translate.google.nl/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=h...
Translated by Google, for your reading comfort...

And as you can see on those pages, it's also available as used game, which costs considerably less,
so options in abundance over here.

ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX no, i meant the fast and furious expansion. Same issue as those transformers games have, digitally.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic