Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 11,914

Midnight3DS

@ Sony_70 "Eh who cares."

Well, I guess I can see why it's there then.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

The PS4 isn't even a dedicated gaming platform they're just using that as a marketing focus.

(Xbox One become much more general purpose — just like a PC, while the PS4 has a low OS footprint which will favour the PS4)

thats say it all, so yes it more of a dedicated gaming rig than the Xbox One. As far as a fee goes Sony isn't going to follow suit, much like they didn't with online subscriptions, Sonys already said we'll do the right thing. And we already know it plays used game, it's Sonys for the taking come E3.

Technically the one plays used games. I'd say its foolish to throw such optimism at a comapny till you have the final product in hand. By the right thing I assume you mean sony saying that will leave it up to publishers on rather to do this type of stuff. I mean regardless of any DRM Destiney and probably a few other games are going online only. I

While DRM on used games is a bad practice in the case that it would happen would you rather want

A. All the used DRM are going through the console Manufacturer so purchases are tied to your Account showing you own the game and you could trade it in and still probably have the digital copy. Still sucks for the next person buying the game used mind you

B. The console manufacturer letting a wild west mentality set free. Now you all your retail purchases aren't tied to an account but to all the different accounts each game maker has and even than this probably won't mean you'd be able to download a digital copy as well.

Both sound like Crap but in the worse case scenario I'd rather take the crao through one source instead of having to put up with multiple crap spewers.

I mean if Sony didn't have some sort of DRM in place surely we would have heard about it after te backlash the one has been rightfully been getting. I don't doubt them not doing online only but listen to their words carefully. They wouldn't be blocking used games just giving you a hassle to use them.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

@ Sony_70 "Eh who cares."

Well, I guess I can see why it's there then.

Dunno what to say I mean if someone at redmond wants to watch me play Naked Dance Central than well that's their problem. Probably too lax but I would feel like a damn hypocrite to complain about this when I use google products on a daily basis that are pretty sketchy themselves. I

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Auracle

I thought this was funny.
Untitled

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Jaz007

Sony_70 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

So it looks like all of the exclusive 15 titles for the Xbox One will not be full retail titles. http://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/05/rare_considered_reviving...

While its probably true how did you gather that from the article?

They said it probably won't be a retail title and that it will proabby be a download. It willing to bet it's one of Xbox One's 15 exclusive titles too, which would mean not all of them are going to be retail titles. 14 at the max, I think it will be less than 14 though.

Jaz007

LzWinky

Backwards compatibility is so backwards these days.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

LzQuacker wrote:

Backwards compatibility is so backwards these days.

This is what I think of that statement
all you had to say was 'I disagree'. knock it off — TBD
I mean I don't mind no BC because I expected due to the move to new architecture but to play it off like having it is a negative is asinine.

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Knux

Seriously, why would I want to buy a Xbox One? It's an anti-consumer and non-gaming piece of crap.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

shingi_70

Knux wrote:

Seriously, why would I want to buy a Xbox One? It's an anti-consumer and non-gaming piece of crap.

It does play games so yeah. I do agree with the anti-consumer part but i'm nt convinced that won't stop it from being a success and they still have time too change it.

I really wonder what will happen if we find out sony [plans to implement a used deterrent as well.

WAT!

Knux

But Sony pretty much made it clear that the PS4 won't block used games and it won't require an internet connection to function. And I said the anti-gaming part because Microsoft pretty much views the Xbox One as an entertainment device rather than an actual gaming console.

Knux

RancidVomit86

Knux wrote:

But Sony pretty much made it clear that the PS4 won't block used games and it won't require an internet connection to function. And I said the anti-gaming part because Microsoft pretty much views the Xbox One as an entertainment device rather than an actual gaming console.

So they won't show the gaming side of things at E3?

I really think almost everyone here is putting too much stock into a 2 hour presentation.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

shingi_70

Knux wrote:

Well to be fair it is a gaming console. I don't see any of the next generation systems as Game consoles as Entertainment boxes. But again they didn't make clear if there will DRM or a fee to play used games. The one doesn't block used games either it just makes you pay a fee to add that used game to your account. Sony could easily and probably due the same and still be in the clear in regards to not blocking used games.

There's a reason why the gamestop ceo wasn't miffed about thi...

“Both Sony and Microsoft have said games can be resold and that’s exactly what we anticipated,” said Bartel, who added that GameStop puts $1 billion in trade into the market and 70% of that money goes back into new game sales. “It’s a recognized way to make these games more affordable. All three new platforms understand that.”

Bartel said there’s no longer a need for backwards compatibility with consoles. When Sony first introduced the PlayStation 3, which was backwards compatible, a flood of consumers brought their entire PlayStation 2 library and consoles in for trades.

If a companys who biggest profit comes from the sales of used games seems fine than something must be up. Dark days ahead if the general consumer decides to take this.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Why they chose to not let the consumer buy used games is beyond me, or backwards compatibility.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Knux wrote:

So they won't show the gaming side of things at E3?

I really think almost everyone here is putting too much stock into a 2 hour presentation.

First impressions mean a whole heck of a lot and Microsoft failed in that department. So yeah people have the right to whine and complain right now.

Twitter:

RancidVomit86

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Why they chose to not let the consumer buy used games is beyond me

They didn't take that choice away. Please know what you are talking about before commenting and getting other people into thinking wrong too.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

RancidVomit86

So let me get this right. By most of you guys brilliant logic MS should had shown their games at this event? And then done what? Took the excitement of E3 and their announcements out from under their feet? SOUNDS GREAT!...thank goodness no one here is running a major corporation. This was hardware focused and it's media capabilities. E3 is for the games which is just around the corner. That's why I say you are putting far too much stock into this 2 hour presentation.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

HawkeyeWii

True_Hero wrote:

Untitled

Lol I posted this on one of the Xbox reveal articles on IGN and everyone is giving it a thumbs up hahaha

Twitter:

shingi_70

RancidVomit86 wrote:

So let me get this right. By most of you guys brilliant logic MS should had shown their games at this event? And then done what? Took the excitement of E3 and their announcements out from under their feet? SOUNDS GREAT!...thank goodness no one here is running a major corporation. This was hardware focused and it's media capabilities. E3 is for the games which is just around the corner. That's why I say you are putting far too much stock into this 2 hour presentation.

No I wish we would have gotten a bit more but the event was as promised. They said when the event was first announced that the show was mainly for OS and feature stuff. Honestly the only reason why wee getting so much negativity is due to after the event we found about online once a day and the usd games debacle.

Good news for microsoft is that they more than six months to fix these features.

WAT!

theblackdragon

HawkeyeWii wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

Untitled

Lol I posted this on one of the Xbox reveal articles on IGN and everyone is giving it a thumbs up hahaha

lol i remember that gif floating around last E3. amazing how relevant it still is today :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Midnight3DS

^ I'm seeing a a red x. Is that the dogs GIF?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic