Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 11,914

MAB

Yeah but still at the end of the day...
Untitled
What they should do is release a basic & premium pack

Basic - just the gaming part of the package for the rest of the world or the peops that don't really want all the bells & whistles.

Premo - the whole shizbanga

MAB

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

No, we need a link for your claims and predictions. Otherwise they're void.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/gddr5/Pages/gddr5...

http://www.amazon.com/Eyefinity-EAH6870-DC-2DI2S-1GD5/dp/B004...

For GPU uses. The ammount of GDRR5 RAM in PS4 determines how much stronger the CPU is in the Xbox One. For as much as the PS4 will most likely cost, $225 would only get you 2GB of GDDR5 RAM combined with an appropriate graphics card.
So, the PS4 gets as good of performance as Xbox One with about .5GB(1GB at most) of GDDR5 RAM, while Xbox One uses 8GB of GDDR3 RAM. The only way it would be possible to use 8GB of GDDR3 RAM vs. .5GB GDDR5 + 7.5GB GDDR3 RAM, is if the CPU is stronger.

Those links proves it will have good GPU, it doesn't prove anything about the CPU being weaker. There is no proof here to back up your claims.

Jaz007

Einherjar

The PS3 was more powerful than anything else and still, it couldnt be used. The architecture was so archaic, that even first party devs wernt sure how to use it. Console hardware means absolutely nothing. A Wii can have Xenoblade with a scale, many people would have thought it would be impossible on an "outdated system". Final Fantsy XIII ran on the 360, it was also called impossible at first. Its completely up to the developer itself. You can buil "rocket science" into a gaming console, to make it the best and fastest thing possible...and no dev knows how to use it. At the end of the day, your high tech stuff was completely useless since all you get are the same mediocre games devs nowadays know how to make. New, innovative games come from creativity, talent and the way HOW you play it, not from powerful CPUs, GPUs and whatnot.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

shingi_70

Jaz007 wrote:

So it looks like Xbox One has lost to PS4 powerwise. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si...

I was expecting that from sometime now. Microsoft went cheaper with Ram and overall hardware strength to allow for Kinect. Were going to see if this truly matters for third parties soon enough.

The PS4 looking more appealing by the day, but I still may get the one first so I could keep all my purchases.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

So this is more or less like the last generation. Does this mean the Wii U will sell the most?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ecto-1

Sony_70 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

So it looks like Xbox One has lost to PS4 powerwise. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si...

I was expecting that from sometime now. Microsoft went cheaper with Ram and overall hardware strength to allow for Kinect. Were going to see if this truly matters for third parties soon enough.

The PS4 looking more appealing by the day, but I still may get the one first so I could keep all my purchases.

From my understanding, neither the PS4 or Xbox One are backwards compatible, so it may be irrelevant which console you currently have as you may still need it to play your games.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

LzWinky

Ecto-1 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

From my understanding, neither the PS4 or Xbox One are backwards compatible, so it may be irrelevant which console you currently have as you may still need it to play your games.

Heck it seems Sony said something about a possible way to play your digital games on the PS4 while Microsoft said "tough". Disc-wise you are out of luck either way (so get a Wii U!!!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Midnight3DS

^ PS3 games don't play on a Wii-U. Not worthy to handle that kind of epic awesomeness.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

sugarpixel

What I really don't like is how - as it seems to me, at least - Microsoft is just saying "we're gonna do this stuff, and you're going to deal with it". Well, you don't have to deal with it 'cause you don't have to buy it. They need a better way to market it.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

LzWinky

Midnight3DS wrote:

^ PS3 games don't play on a Wii-U. Not worthy to handle that kind of epic awesomeness.

Yeah, mine's a good...oh yeah, awesomeness!

banacheck

The PS3 is totally different from the PS4, also porting over engines on some consoles takes months while on the PS4 it's a matter of weeks. There is reason why every developer out there has been speaking highly of the PS4, last gen pretty much Xbox was the lead platform you'll see a turn around this gen. Not only that Xbox One has a big OS footprint something thats not done in a console before, meaning Xbox One is not a dedicated gaming console unlike the PS4. The Wii U has a competitor for the casual gaming market Xbox One while the PS4 is the hardcore gaming console. It'll be interesting to see the casual wars play out, while the PS4 is one top.

banacheck

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

The PS3 is totally different from the PS4, also porting over engines on some consoles takes months while on the PS4 it's a matter of weeks. There is reason why every developer out there has been speaking highly of the PS4, last gen pretty much Xbox was the lead platform you'll see a turn around this gen. Not only that Xbox One has a big OS footprint something thats not done in a console before, meaning Xbox One is not a dedicated gaming console unlike the PS4. The Wii U has a competitor for the casual gaming market Xbox One while the PS4 is the hardcore gaming console. It'll be interesting to see the casual wars play out, while the PS4 is one top.

But Xbox One will get all the same games the PS4 with the exception of exclusives. The PS4 isn't even a dedicated gaming platform they're just using that as a marketing focus. The last truly dedicated gaming platform were the 3DS and Vita which says alot.

Still the One is a pretty compelling product (something for everyone contentwise) and it astounds me that unless Sony is doing the same, why Microsoft would decide to go the route they did with used games and online. I think ts something that maybe Sony isn't telling us because this news should have came to a shock to the Gamestop CEO and he just said this was good like this was apart of the plan in the first place.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

I wonder how long the plan to keep it on the Dashboard for?
Untitled

What I found most intresting was this.
Untitled

Word's with friends isn't an Xbox game its an application for Windows Phone. Zynga also doesn't have any Dev kits as they've expressed hatred toward the console space multiple times. Why would a game that can't be ESRB rated be on a console platform unless there was a way to get content on the platform. Goes back to the point of Windows Phone/WIndows 8/Xbox One running the same base platform and applications.

WAT!

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

How much privacy are people willing to give up? Who thinks this is a great feature?

http://techland.time.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-raises-the-burde...

Eh who cares. Did you see the Google Now deo and no one is complaining about that (they are glass though). At this point google knows so much about me I really don't care about the Kinect Sensor always watching and listening. Let me rephrase that I'm personally don't think its so much of a big deal becuase being 21 I feel that so much info is out their that mega corporations has its a moot point.

I mean I went to use Googl Now the otherday and it cross referenced

-My Location
-A package it was tracking for me
-and a search I did for Iron Man 3 play times to show me how to get too Motor City Comic-Con and what day it was.

The Tech is pretty cool that it is scary. It apparently can see in the dark and sense heartbeats. Between this and Watson being fitted service calls the end is nigh.

WAT!

banacheck

The PS4 isn't even a dedicated gaming platform they're just using that as a marketing focus.

(Xbox One become much more general purpose — just like a PC, while the PS4 has a low OS footprint which will favour the PS4)

thats say it all, so yes it more of a dedicated gaming rig than the Xbox One. As far as a fee goes Sony isn't going to follow suit, much like they didn't with online subscriptions, Sonys already said we'll do the right thing. And we already know it plays used game, it's Sonys for the taking come E3.

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic