Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

@TysonOfTime
I interpreted you not thinking Wii U will dominate, and Microsoft making stupid decisions while being a rip-off as a sign you like PS4. Wouldn't that make sense? It is what you said.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

Because unlike Nintendo and Sony 400 million isn't much to Microsoft. They had an income of 6 billion last quarter. Also this deal is for five years and puts microsoft technology all over the NFL and sidelines. The deal also keeps NFL from any other console on the market which a big marketing feature. THs deal effects both microsoft and NFL all over and not just the xbox. This deal is a pretty smart investment and puts micorosft at the ground floor as the NFL starts to add more technology to the game like MLS and MLB have been doing. They also gain a huge marketing Partner from America's most popular sport .

But yes Listen to the gaming site with such a narrow view they can't see how breaking into the ground floor of a new Market segment with one of the world's biggest brands exclusive to your hardware is a good thing.

um, this isn't exclusive Madden. This isn't even anything that NFL isn't already offering in some way (if not on a gaming system). At least from what I read.

I never said it was Madden. Pretty sure its void of contract to even try that. (I'm honestly surprised the Wii U debacle doesn't void the contract).

Microsoft Corp. and the National Football League (NFL) today announced a multiyear, landmark partnership that will deliver truly unique interactive NFL television experiences for the next-generation Xbox One and leverage Microsoft devices and services to evolve the in-game, sideline experience for coaches, players and other personnel.

“We love the passion that players, coaches and fans bring to the NFL game; it’s what makes the NFL game-day experience so unique,” said Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO. “We’re excited to apply our passion for technology to the NFL experience, both on the sidelines through the innovative use of Microsoft Surface devices, and for fans through an enhanced NFL viewing experience on Xbox One.”

The agreement provides Microsoft with the rights to create exclusive interactive experiences through products such as Xbox One and Surface, transforming the way fans will experience the NFL in the years to come. The NFL on Xbox will provide fans with an all-new viewing experience through innovations around Skype and Xbox SmartGlass; an all-new, innovative fantasy football solution allowing fans to view players and live competition side by side on a single TV screen; and a personalized NFL destination featuring information about the players, teams and games fans care about most. Xbox also retains the exclusive rights to extend these interactive experiences to tablets, enabling fans to use Xbox SmartGlass technology to enhance game day.

“When we started working with Roger Goodell and the team at the NFL we knew that we could create great new experiences that fans would love,” said Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “This partnership will redefine NFL experiences through exclusive and interactive content that you will find only on Xbox. For fans, the NFL on Xbox will provide the most complete way to enjoy live football by bringing the first fully-integrated fantasy football experience to the TV, exclusively through Xbox.”

This partnership also changes the game for NFL teams because coaches and players will soon have access to a variety of cutting-edge Microsoft solutions, including Surface tablets to enhance on-field communications, photo viewing and play calling. Microsoft and the NFL envision a sideline of the future with players reviewing in-game photos from different camera angles directly from the sideline and head coaches calling plays off connected Surface tablets instead of today’s static paper products. With Microsoft technology, NFL coaches, players and other personnel will have the technology they need to improve decision-making and on-field performance.

“From the use of instant replay to the yellow first-down line that has become an important element of the at-home television viewing experience, the NFL is committed to leveraging technology to improve our game for coaches, players and fans,” said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. “We’re thrilled to be teaming with a true innovator like Microsoft to shape the future of the NFL game experience, both on-field and in the living room.”

As part of the partnership, Surface by Microsoft branding will appear on NFL sidelines in unique ways, including on the hoods of the official on-field NFL instant replay stations. As part of the relationship, Microsoft will be granted the following designations:

• Xbox remains “The Official Game Console of the NFL” and will also become “The Official Interactive Video Entertainment Console.”
  • Microsoft is “The Official Sideline Technology Sponsor of the NFL.”
  • Surface by Microsoft and Windows are “The Official Tablet and PC Operating System of the NFL.”

Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.

The information contained in this press release relates to a pre-release product that may be substantially modified before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the product when first commercially released. The press release is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the press release or the information contained in it.

Previously only one piece of hardware had the NFL was the PS3 and on the NFL gametime faq is saying that's being discontinued possibly due to this deal. Also this probably doesn't seem that big of a big deal to some but I saw some good feed back from the sports forums I browse. The fantasy football is growing into a billion dollar industry.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

@SCAR392 There will be demos for everything, you will be able to play your games while they download. The store will show you games according to your personal tastes, heck, it will try to predict your purchase and download them before you buy them. We know PS4 will have cloud and extensive streaming service, Microsoft can't claim the latter. You will be able take over for a freind if they are stuck in game, put messages on the screen while they play and watch them play as they as they do it, Microsoft can't claim any of these right now, and and from the looks of things right now Sony will take Microsoft to church for online gaming service. PS4 uses a faster RAM than Xbox One, it could easily use more RAM for non-gaming purposes too. Sony only uses about 1GB out of their 8 for non-gaming purposes. You can stop your game and put the PS4 in a low power mode to resume your game later like you can with the 3DS when you close it. Microsoft can't claim that. Your claim that havin showed more game is the only thing PS4 has over Xbox One is incredibly false.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

TysonOfTime

I was stating likelihoods, not my personally opinion. I'm A Nintendo guy at heart, but as things look now Sony would have to TRY to mess up in order to not succeed this generation. I do hope the Wii U will succeed, we just have to wait until new games start hitting faster.

The Xbone has alienated Indie Devs, and so they've alienated me. All that other BS doesn't help either.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive

If these policies stick, all Sony has to do is say they're not doing these things, go home, and they win. But the games presentation is worst case for Sony, a draw. There's no realistic rabbit out of the hat for Microsoft. Some will like Sony's, some will like Microsoft's. Meanwhile, Nintendo is in the corner feeding their loyal base the meat they've been looking for.

X1 just might do ok with a different kind of group.

Son won't have won because they've said that if they weren't to do it themselves then they'll allow pubs to choose what to do which will make it a moot point,. I mean Destiny was at the PS4 conference and that game is confirmed online despite any console systems in place.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
Actually, I just got an email from Microsoft about Xbox One today. It says your game will resume when powering back on, too. They also confirmed cloud support, so ya.
I don't know if that includes playing for a friend, but the rest is confirmed. You can assumably play games while on the internet, too.
BTW, PS4 only uses like 10-20mb of faster RAM, the rest is identical to Xbox One. That GDDR5 RAM or whatever costs over a grand if you buy even 1GB. The 10mb or so GDDR5 RAM is most likely used to enhance the GPU to level up to Xbox One's faster CPUs without 10MB of GDDR5 RAM. Faster RAM is definitely a plus, but the way it's used won't enhance anything over Xbox One.

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007
Actually, I just got an email from Microsoft about Xbox One today. It says your game will resume when powering back on, too. They also confirmed cloud support, so ya.
I don't know if that includes playing for a friend, but the rest is confirmed. You can assumably play games while on the internet, too.
BTW, PS4 only uses like 10-20mb of faster RAM, the rest is identical to Xbox One. That GDDR5 RAM or whatever costs over a grand if you buy even 1GB. The 10mb or so GDDR5 RAM is most likely used to enhance the GPU to level up to Xbox One's faster CPUs without 10MB of GDDR5 RAM. Faster RAM is definitely a plus, but the way it's used won't enhance anything over Xbox One.

Where did you find out that Xbox One has faster CPU? I've looked at comparisons and they didn't say Xbox had faster CPU.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

Where did you find out that Xbox One has faster CPU? I've looked at comparisons and they didn't say Xbox had faster CPU.

It doesn't say officially, but the use of GDDR5 RAM in any form without any improvement in comparison to a GDDR3 based console confirms that a stronger CPU is in Xbox One. They most likely used the GDDR5 RAM to enhance the GPU performance of the PS4 to match the XBox One's performance of GDDR3 RAM, coupled with their respective CPUs. That would mean PS4 used other means to equal the CPU power of XBox One, without actually using the CPU, and relying on other components to do so.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

No, we need a link for your claims and predictions. Otherwise they're void.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Jaz007

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

This whole debacle really makes me hope that the rest of what the PS4 has in store is positive

If these policies stick, all Sony has to do is say they're not doing these things, go home, and they win. But the games presentation is worst case for Sony, a draw. There's no realistic rabbit out of the hat for Microsoft. Some will like Sony's, some will like Microsoft's. Meanwhile, Nintendo is in the corner feeding their loyal base the meat they've been looking for.

X1 just might do ok with a different kind of group.

Son won't have won because they've said that if they weren't to do it themselves then they'll allow pubs to choose what to do which will make it a moot point,. I mean Destiny was at the PS4 conference and that game is confirmed online despite any console systems in place.

Maybe you shouldn't use an MMO as your example. Those (and the like) have already been online only this gen.

Jaz007

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

It doesn't say officially, but the use of GDDR5 RAM in any form without any improvement in comparison to a GDDR3 based console confirms that a stronger CPU is in Xbox One. They most likely used the GDDR5 RAM to enhance the GPU performance of the PS4 to match the XBox One's performance of GDDR3 RAM, coupled with their respective CPUs. That would mean PS4 used other means to equal the CPU power of XBox One, without actually using the CPU, and relying on other components to do so.

I smell bull****.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

shingi_70

LzQuacker wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

WHY

Because unlike Nintendo and Sony 400 million isn't much to Microsoft. They had an income of 6 billion last quarter. Also this deal is for five years and puts microsoft technology all over the NFL and sidelines. The deal also keeps NFL from any other console on the market which a big marketing feature. THs deal effects both microsoft and NFL all over and not just the xbox. This deal is a pretty smart investment and puts micorosft at the ground floor as the NFL starts to add more technology to the game like MLS and MLB have been doing. They also gain a huge marketing Partner from America's most popular sport .

But yes Listen to the gaming site with such a narrow view they can't see how breaking into the ground floor of a new Market segment with one of the world's biggest brands exclusive to your hardware is a good thing.

For what return though? What advantage does this give Microsoft? Sure they can afford it...but WHY?! This will only support them in the US market while the rest of the world couldn't care less about this big partnership

Gets them a selling point for a Market they probably won't need any help with. (America is xboxland afterall). However getting Microsoft products into the NFL for coaches and becoming the communication Partner for a field who barley uses tech is a big deal for the company as whole. I'd argue the xbox stuff is more of an added bonus from the company's standpoint but could be massive for the American Market. If microsoft were to offer this functionality for the MLB or MLS than it would be a big deal in my book. The surface and microsoft technologies are all over the field and irrc Microsoft would get a cut when ever they're products are featured and being in the hands of coaches its alot of exposure.

The biggest gain as far as the Xbox goes is the Marketing is exclusive content (Videos and other stuff for Hardcore sports fans) as well as The One being the Official Game console of the NFL. The season starts in september and gives microsoft alot of Marketing for two months by the NFL. In context i you buy t makes the EA partnership look exciting in the same way.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

No, we need a link for your claims and predictions. Otherwise they're void.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/gddr5/Pages/gddr5...

http://www.amazon.com/Eyefinity-EAH6870-DC-2DI2S-1GD5/dp/B004...

For GPU uses. The ammount of GDRR5 RAM in PS4 determines how much stronger the CPU is in the Xbox One. For as much as the PS4 will most likely cost, $225 would only get you 2GB of GDDR5 RAM combined with an appropriate graphics card.
So, the PS4 gets as good of performance as Xbox One with about .5GB(1GB at most) of GDDR5 RAM, while Xbox One uses 8GB of GDDR3 RAM. The only way it would be possible to use 8GB of GDDR3 RAM vs. .5GB GDDR5 + 7.5GB GDDR3 RAM, is if the CPU is stronger.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

HawkeyeWii

All this talk about faster and better CPUs and GPUs, screw that. I get videogames systems to have fun and play VIDEOGAMES.
Stop your bickering, good lord.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

shingi_70

HawkeyeWii wrote:

All this talk about faster and better CPUs and GPUs, screw that. I get videogames systems to have fun and play VIDEOGAMES.

My Man!
Untitled
Untitled

I still need to make one for Knack.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

My Man!
Untitled
Untitled

I still need to make one for Knack.

So what you're saying is you want to re-enforce the stereotype of the best looking games having boring aesthetic and existing for the sake of trailers that show little to no gameplay. Ok.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Nah brah just two upcoming next gen games that look interesting to me so I decided to gif them. Hawkeye said consoles should be all about the games and I agree.

WAT!

Snagrio

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Agreed wholeheartedly.

But you do realize you are asking the impossible, aka telling the Internet people to stop arguing and just enjoy whatever it is they are arguing about.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

Nah brah just two upcoming next gen games that look interesting to me so I decided to gif them. Hawkeye said consoles should be all about the games and I agree.

Oh...

...good. I have nothing else to add beyond saying "good".

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HawkeyeWii

Wonderful 101 looks awesome!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic