Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 11,914

CrazedCavalier

@-Green- Yeah, as somebody who kinda just tuned in I ended up enjoying it. Definitely a solid B.
Glad to see Code Vein confirmed for the system (my previous avatar here was from that). Like how they didn't have a whole lot of PR and focused more on trailers.
Also can't believe I'd never really heard of the Metro series.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

JaxonH

@Octane
So I've heard. But it's still their top IP, and you'd expect them to oversee it and the like.

But either way, it looks good. Reviews will tell all. Reminds me of Xenoblade X...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
A lot of people like Metro. I thought it was boring as heck though. One of the few games I actually regretted buying, and I rarely regret buying games. Just felt so... generic. And the gameplay didn't really stand out to me either. I guess it has renown because the story was written by some famous author? Idk. I didn't stick around long enough to see it through.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@KirbyTheVampire Anthem will be on PS4 as well.

Conference was good. Not bad, but not amazing either. I liked the games, but I can play most of them on my PS4. Multiplatform is always better, but this also means I have no interest in getting an Xbox anytime soon.

Octane

-Green-

The main thing I disliked was at the beginning with all the techno babble and jargon. I didn't hate it but it bored me at first. The car also seemed kind of meh.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

@subpopz
I own a 4KTV, and PS4 Pro and PC that runs 4K for many games.

It's great, don't get me wrong. It's nice to finally have consoles that can run in 4K. The games look sharper and that's a good thing.

But tbh, I can toggle on 1080p and it doesn't make much difference. I'll look at the rug in RotTR and the textures increase in res... but it's minor. It's a nice feature to have, no question, but it's not the be all end all. It just makes games look a little better, and a little sharper.

Ralizah

Boring conference, but at least we got a date for Cuphead! Really happy that it's coming to Steam as well. It would have sucked to miss out on that.

On another note, I really need to play Ori and the Blind Forest

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

The highlight of the conference for me was original Xbox backwards compatibility. That said, Nintendo's going to get a huge amount of grief from fans if VC upgrade from Wii U to Switch isn't free because of this.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

I can't imagine this being a success in the UK at £449,in fact it could be an almighty flop.You can buy a PS4 Pro with a game for £360.If Sony cut the price of the Pro,which they can probably afford to do now that it's been out for a year,the One X doesn't stand a chance.If they were the market leader then maybe they could have gotten away with it but they're not,far from it.All my mates are Xbox gamers,I'm curious to find out what their opinions are but I can't imagine them being happy with that price.That terrible name too,reminds me of Nintendo arrogance with the Wii U/3DS.Madness!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

CrazedCavalier

@Ralizah MS has been showing it at E3 for years (something they openly poked fun of). There's no way it's coming to Steam.

@JaxonH Maybe horror just doesn't do anything for you?
Looked at the collection dual release and saw "nudity" and "sexual content" on the label. Welp, definitely not going to be able to get that for a few months at least.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

JaxonH

@subpopz
I guess. I mean, we're approaching a limit now, where you can increase power 10x as much as in the past and only see 1/10 as much improvement. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing- it means games finally look good enough to where they can't improve much more...

But ya, it's why Nintendo can get away with Switch while rivals are maxing specs. Because most gamers are satisfied with visual fidelity beyond a certain point. Doesn't mean better graphics aren't more appealing, it just means people won't not buy a console provided it meets a certain threshold. And we passed that threshold a few years ago.

I never got that excited for 4K. More of an "oh that's cool, ya let me invest in that cause why not, it'll make games look a little better". Really the 4K was more for Netflix streaming than gaming, but it has benefits all around

CrazedCavalier

@Ralizah Welp. I'll be darned.

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
No, I never liked horror in the slightest. Although Resident Evil Revelations I was ok with. And maybe the horror aspect didn't help, but I think it was the gameplay and uninteresting world that put me off most. Just felt like FPS #214, in brown tunnels

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH Eh, I can understand not liking a well-received game because the atmosphere did nothing for you. I've put up walls of text in the past on how I think Shadow of the Colossus is mediocre all around.

Octane

@JaxonH I'll admit, I'm more interested in AI and physics than 4K. I hope Spider-Man has some neat wire physics. Uncharted 4 had those as well (the car cable). Anyway, those are the truly interesting things we'll see in gaming in the coming years IMO. Increased resolution is always nice, but that's going to happen anyway.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Ya and really, 4K is a hard limit. I know eventually we'll see 8k but, there comes a point where resolution is beyond the perception of the human eye. And 8 is the ultimate limit. Anything beyond that will just be marketing and PR, unless you have a theater sized television.

I already think AI and physics is impressive. Just look at Zelda which was on the weakest console of the three. Spider-Man will be great though. Been wanting a Batman Arkham styled Spider-Man for so long. With good combat and open world, and Carnage and Venom and Doppleganger and Shiek and Dr Octopus as serious boss fights.

Ryu_Niiyama

Terry Crews and Crackdown? Sold. See this is why I bought my Xbone. Granted I've been waiting on this game for some time so all and all Microsoft has done nothing to really keep me interested in the future of the xbox systems. BC is great but I have all my OG systems. I want to play new games and unique experiences. XBoneX is silly name but so is Xbone so I'm not shocked... They should have called it Elite so at least the naming convention is familiar. Anyway stoked for crackdown (might get it on pc instead) and at this point done with xbox. Sony, your turn.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SomeWriter13

$499 for the new console. 0_0 That's a tough price. But as Microsoft is trying to market it as "the most powerful console ever" (until the next PS comes out I guess) then it might not look so bad.

On the flipside, it makes the $299 (plus accessories) Nintendo Switch look more appealing than before.

So it might work out well for all parties involved.

SomeWriter13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic